test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gameleech wrote: »
    unfortunately they seem to taken it down already :( Oh well, glad some of you could enjoy it!

NVM It is still there! Enjoy!

http://captiongenerator.com/26781/In-STO-Everything-is-Awesome

Nice clean FUN vid! I will be adding this to my signature link if you dont mind :P
    DUwNP.gif

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's just no missing the festivities, with so much support for delta rising...

In good humor:
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The funny thing is, that DR actually *is* a very good expansion! I love the new Intel powers, and ship Mastery; and even the storyline missions.

Then Geko superimposed his insatiable greed on it, and ruined everything. :( But if you take away the exorbitant cost of it all, DR really is quite good.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The funny thing is, that DR actually *is* a very good expansion! I love the new Intel powers, and ship Mastery; and even the storyline missions.

Then Geko superimposed his insatiable greed on it, and ruined everything. :( But if you take away the exorbitant cost of it all, DR really is quite good.

Yeah if you take away the asian grindfest greed of it all you're left with a good expansion.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm surprised I haven't seen this done yet: (unless I missed it)

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3225/Yfwjub.png
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I agree. Everyone did a great job... and then "someone" clearly interfered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes, there are 5 lights :D But I agree, the expansion itself, not all the problems that came with it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I have to agree. And they created several very nice looking maps.
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps my disapointment comes from the fact that the game enjoyed so many excellent upgrades prior to the expansion, that the expansion itself seemed to be the wrong thing at the wrong time; I guess there was just a part of me that was hoping for revamped Boffs or something...
    giphy.gif
  • brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Hey that snowman looks like your forum avatar! :D

The snowman is a few years older than my avatar, but I think they may be cousins. I think I based a little bit of my character design on the snowman. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All 9 of the episodes released in this "expansion" ranged from okay to very good (IMO). That's perfectly fine with me. What is not okay is that we were promised an approximately equal amount of content as was released in the actual best STO expansion ever. Whereas, we got nothing even remotely close to that amount. This is no expansion, just another season.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All 9 of the episodes released in this "expansion" ranged from okay to very good (IMO). That's perfectly fine with me. What is not okay is that we were promised an approximately equal amount of content as was released in the actual best STO expansion ever. Whereas, we got nothing even remotely close to that amount. This is no expansion, just another season.

That isn't true they expanded the ways we are asked to spend $. They also expanded there reach into peoples holdings to get them spending $.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think I'm gonna stick with this one for awhile...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited December 2014

Indeed. In retrospect Season 8 looks huge, not only in terms of the number of things to do but there was an altogether different feel to the art design that distinguished the sphere from the rest of the game.
    giphy.gif
    edited December 2014
    Sadly, I didn't find the new episodes that great. But then I hate(d) Voyager and find nothing redeeming in the Kobali and nothing dangerous about the Vadwaar. The story seems barebones to me. It could be great, but there needs to be more. there should be at least 3 or 4 more parts to it IMHO. Maybe in time there will be some fill-in episodes? (I wish)

Having said that, I do enjoy the Kobali adventure zone (and the Voth zone) and wish it was bigger with more to do.

As for additions like the upgrade system... it should not have been released in the state it is, and the whole mantra of "but updates will give players something to look forward to" is just ridiculous.

DR seems to me to be a TRIBBLE together bunch of ideas, none of which were fully realized. it seems more like a mid-season filler than an expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I was gonna do one like how some of you have it, but then I remembered I'm a snowflake

And all the whos down in whoville...all facepalmed when they read that "Delta rising is the greatest expansion ever and the players love it"....and even on Mt Trumpett even the Grinch yes the grinch faced palmed three times that day :D
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At this juncture I'd like to take a moment to recognise the sheer diversity of this thread. References and pictures to all sorts of classic and new media from the world over! Why it's almost like Star Trek.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I disagree. I outlined, very calmly, the logical and aesthetic problems I had with the storyline content and the other areas introduced in the DR release. Not JUST the grind factor and the money grab. It has some major flaws. I and many others took this logical lets-debate-the-issues route and we were silenced for it. Some of us literally were muted on the forums with no indicator to the rest of the forum-goers. No moderation, no warnings, no bans (which would show the rest of the forums what the mods were doing). We simply lost our rights to post anything or reply to anything.

Posts were locked under flimsy pretense, burried, combined, essentially swept under the rug. You couldn't find them now if you tried. I won't bother outlining the issues I have with DR's storyline again because it isn't worth it. Any logical people have left. The rest are driven away. Only the most rabid are still around -- and some of them appear to be moderators. It's not worth trying anymore.

Besides, nothing we say will ever effect Al. He doesn't live in reality. He doesn't even play this game. He makes unilateral decrees and then goes to tell PWE "Everything Is Awesome!" (TM, Patent pending).
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Below is mine. Or not...Noob Alert!
    HzLLhLB.gif

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Below is mine.

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's blank.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Time for me to post one...
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Take 2
    /10 Char
    HzLLhLB.gif

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I think they shot themselves in the foot. They should have waited for a new faction to make an expansion. At this point IMO I would call DR as Season 10.0 instead of a full blown expansion.

Good content but MANAGEMENT messed up with time with the XP nerfing and the belittling of the playerbase. Instead of forward looking move they went backwards.
    DUwNP.gif

edited December 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Take 2
    /10 Char

One Internetz to you for the Mr. T sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,767 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how big is this meme now? is it being used outside of the boards?
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aight im tossing my sig in the ring heres mine :)
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    how big is this meme now? is it being used outside of the boards?

So nice to see ALL the sigs with a protest to how deceitful Craptic is....sorry for being honest but Im sure there are more of those not so fond of how this has become the SHOCK and ALL of the NERFS :D
  • shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    Now it's time for some statistics. Because metrics!

The question: How long took it for different popular forum threads to reach page 50?

Let's find out:

This thread could *cough* actually be the most popular / successful one in the history of the STO forums!

Is this AWESOME or WHAT?

(Disclaimer: the countless posts in threads during maintenances over the years are classified as "festivals", therefore they are not included in this statistic.)

Yeah we create nice viral :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
    edited December 2014
    I think the Winter Event has killed it. There's grinding to be done!
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.