test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we only have to run one toon for new ship?

mjrkrakenmjrkraken Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Academy
Simple question. The Risa event needed only one toon to run it and once they got the ship, all other toons on the account could claim the ship at discounted rate. Will this be the same for the QWW event?
Post edited by mjrkraken on

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ship mechanic will indeed be similar to the Risian Summer Event.

You can unlock the ship for the full price on one character, and after you have completed that event rep project and claimed the ship, all your alts will unlock the shorter version to complete for the same ship.

As for the older ships, you can still slot the projects for those this year, but be warned, if you have your old project from last year still active and slotted, you may not see the new ship project as an option until after you have either completed your previous ship project, or cancelled it. WARNING: Cancelling your old project with any autographs paid into it will destroy these autographs and not grant them back to you, so if you have say 580 out of 1000 already paid into the project, and you cancel it, you will loose those 580 autographs.

REMINDER: You can jump into the Lobi store to buy Q's Autograph packages to quickly finish any previous winter ship projects, or to help with this year's once you have activated it.

Hope this clears things up for everyone! Looking forward to seeing you in the Winter Event! :)

~CaptainSmirk

Hopefully this means, "Yes." Unfortunately, we never got a specific response stating that the discount would be the same, just one stating that it will be similar... here's hoping they keep the current version!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mjrkrakenmjrkraken Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good to hear, thanks. Where was this posted BTW?
    edited December 2014
    mjrkraken wrote: »
    Good to hear, thanks. Where was this posted BTW?

If you click the little red dots when folks use full QUOTE=handle;post# formatting, you can actually hop straight to the source post and thread. It's possible, if rather inconvenient, to use full QUOTE=handle;post# formatting even for posts in closed or otherwise locked threads by using the appropriate 8-digit post#, too. This is especially useful when you want to reference Patch Notes to help others find what you are referring to. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mjrkrakenmjrkraken Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see no 'little' red dots.. and not sure what you mean by rest, heh. Is dumb o'clock here, so bit on slow side.
  • jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mjrkraken wrote: »
    I see no 'little' red dots.. and not sure what you mean by rest, heh. Is dumb o'clock here, so bit on slow side.

In the quoted part above:

Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk [RED DOT HERE]
    edited December 2014
    Hehe, okay I had some fun with this. All you need to do is...
    to get to CaptainSmirk's post. :D

I just wish the system could reliably insert images (it can, just not reliably... it's picky about having exactly the right link for the image tags), apply spoiler tags (whether a spoiler or not, these can be a great space saver for the old wall-o-text), and whatnot. You can do a lot within the current forum setup, though.

The Dev Tracker link on the main page is also a good way of looking to see what productive information is available from official sources, which really just serves as a quick version of typing "devtracker" in the Username section of the forum's Search function; you do need to be logged in or type in the 6-character code to use it, though. You can also do fun things like placing a hyperlink on one of the smileys in order to embed a little easter egg for folks (like this :)), play around with text color (actually, don't do that too much, it drives some folks nuts), use alternate fonts for you posts, and generally tinker about. I have a great headdesk linked to my elipses down there in my signature, which itself is made up mostly of things I want to keep track of or quotes I found amusing (usually typos or out of context humor).
    Ym9x9Ji.png