What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Abilities Tray keeps resetting every time

2»

Comments

• jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The way I fixed it on a problem ship was

a) save loadout (named Default but its not important)
    b) switch maps, power tray is reverted
    c) change one BOFF, save as Default overwriting original
    d) change back to desired settings, save to Default again

From there on it sticks

Confirmed as working for me, too.

Can finally play again! (on that character)

THANK YOU! :D
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its another issue Cryptic will never be able to solve.

I think there is a fix tho

1. Log off
    2. Log on
    3. Select problematic character
    4. Logout of problematic chacater, but do NOT log off! Change character function!
    5. Pick random character
    6. go to space
    7. go to ground
    8. go to ability list and lock tray
    9. go back to problematic character.
    10. discard all stuff in inventory, even loxkbox ships and master keys.
    11. retrieve all items and put it in bank
    12. go to game settings and disable half resolution
    13. press alt+f4 and fixed.
    f

for me anway.

thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noskirenoskire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Its another issue Cryptic will never be able to solve.

I think there is a fix tho

1. Log off
    2. Log on
    3. Select problematic character
    4. Logout of problematic chacater, but do NOT log off! Change character function!
    5. Pick random character
    6. go to space
    7. go to ground
    8. go to ability list and lock tray
    9. go back to problematic character.
    10. discard all stuff in inventory, even loxkbox ships and master keys.
    11. retrieve all items and put it in bank
    12. go to game settings and disable half resolution
    13. press alt+f4 and fixed.
    f

for me anway.

thx

that sounds abit risky
  • warpfactorwarpfactor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No matter what hoops I jump through I cannot get my power tray or active DOFFs to stay in one configuration or load any previously 'saved' configuration after the power tray resets.

EDIT: I found something that works for me and it's stupid simple. Try at your own risk! I reset all of my power trays WITHOUT saving any loadouts. Then before beaming down to ANY ground location I remove a piece of equipment from my ship and put it in inventory (in my case an engineering console). The loadouts selection bar says "Equip Loadout" so no saved loadout is active. After beaming back to space my power tray has remained intact. I put the console back in slot and go about my business. So far it has worked beaming up from ESD, Joint Command, Academy, Voth Ground Battleground, the Deferi daily ground mission, and DS9.
  • silentstrydersilentstryder Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    can't GM's manually clear out your Hangar Loadouts?
  • bross42bross42 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The way I fixed it on a problem ship was

a) save loadout (named Default but its not important)
    b) switch maps, power tray is reverted
    c) change one BOFF, save as Default overwriting original
    d) change back to desired settings, save to Default again

From there on it sticks

Thank you so much! This fixed the UI bug I had as well!
  • cyjetcyjet Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Have the same problem.
    Along with the fact that i always need multiple tries to log on because it's crashes 2 of 3 times after the character selection.

I've just decided to try this game after a 1-year break. And you remembered me of how poor quality a MMO can be.

I've read a possible solutions i this thread, and thought about trying them, but then you know... **** YOU! Deal with you own bugs yourself, i have better things to do.
    Yes, you suckers, please TRIBBLE ban me! So i'll never ever think about trying this TRIBBLE ever again.
  • cyjetcyjet Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cyjet wrote: »
    Have the same problem.
    Along with the fact that i always need multiple tries to log on because it's crashes 2 of 3 times after the character selection.

I've just decided to try this game after a 1-year break. And you remembered me of how poor quality a MMO can be.

I've read a possible solutions i this thread, and thought about trying them, but then you know... **** YOU! Deal with you own bugs yourself, i have better things to do.
    Yes, you suckers, please TRIBBLE ban me! So i'll never ever think about trying this TRIBBLE ever again.

Looks like you also don't give a TRIBBLE damn about moderating your forums.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Start off in Space
    Space Station Outside the Station.

Ship Layout
    Clear the items from the ship.

Space Load-out
    Clear all items from the 10 slots, 10 rows, 10 columns (everything)

Once you do this and you already created save names so you'll have to use them per ship.
    Just to let you know everything seems to get saved on your PC HDD
    Run a freeware app for Windows called WiseCleaner 8.35 is the most current.
    That also needs to be configured, simple process by checking off boxes. If your home network then you just enable that feature. So this program doesn't touch the Registry it just cleans out the junk data files.

Also you can run this program while STO is active. But you can't run it while viewing this forum in a browser.

Now once you cleaned out the junk. Go back and setup your Ship Layout
    And then step-up your Space Load-Out Trays #1 or #2 or both #1 and #2
    Make sure 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in order.

Now Lock the tray skills hit okay. Save the ship layout to the name your using.

This in space.
    Save it again before you beam down to any place or any mission
    Got to get into a habit doing so until it stick the saves.
    Beam back-up you save it again.
    You leave the system, save it again.
    Repeat this process until you see everything sticking and saving.

Once you beam down

Ground Load-out
    Clean all items from 10 slots, 4 rows

Save your Ship layout at this point.

Ground load-out might shift a bit like 1 or two items for a few days. Got deal with this until it sticks.
    I only use one ship though, but have used another ship I had to repeat all what I've said. Once I do that it sticks. When I switch ships the settings are stuck/saved.

Also get into the habit also to defrag the HDD. I use UltraDefrag V6.04 all you do is unzip it and drop the folder into your Program Files for 64-bit if your using a 64-bit OS. Again this program is free 100%. This program run MFT prior to running the check HDD condition. Once the MFT is done then do quick defrag, If you do a full one going to take a long time and while this defrag you can't be playing the game. So ARC log out. STO Log out. Browser shutdown.

This is how I do things. I also run 2 more programs (UnCleaner V1.7 Free 100% and JetClean V1.5 Pro not free but there is free version) to keep my system at peak performance daily. Oh yes these two programs mentioned here run them twice a day manually. Before you start anything on the PC and after before you shutdown the PC.

Again you might have your favorite programs to run to keep your system at 100% so you should use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • sumilidonnissumilidonnis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Rather that the very unnecessary process of jiggling things about, how about Crypic just fix the bloody problem!

How can you expect people to pay for premium content when your basic content is what pther games would consider in the Alpha stages of development?

Stop making ships, start fixing problems.