test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Season Proposal

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
Mirror Universe: Dark Mirror

This expansion could be about the mirror universe, located in the Alpha Quadrant, so que can have the founders of the federation homeworld, the misions will be developed in the mirror universe, and its about a plot to cr
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    sounds like an interesting basis but I have a counter proposal

New Season: Bug Killing
    where we get 0 new content but the developers spend their time killin bugs that are years old and costume clipping issues.

or

New Season: Wrapping Up Existing Plots
    where all the new content is spent in episodes that wrap up the dozens of hanging plots currently suspended in limbo
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or new season : Fix the game

yes we get some glaring fixes we definatley need
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014

where we get 0 new content but the developers spend their time killin bugs that are years old and costume clipping issues.

or

where all the new content is spent in episodes that wrap up the dozens of hanging plots currently suspended in limbo

I like these both better, expect bug killing seaons would be highly unlikely to happen.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I want to be my Mirror counterpart if they do any heavy mirror story missions. :rolleyes:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, how about you are your mirror counterpart, and have to fight with you??... bug fixin??, there is some bugs, yes, nothig showsttoper.. and i have been here from the beta... some bugs are anoying, but there is a lot of workarounds..

Anyway, content first, fixes (unless they are critical), later... as if there is nothing new to play, people just leave... :)
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014

or

I second!!!!
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A season dedicated to just fixing bugs is worse than a season dedicated to just adding new content. New content means more money for PWE while no content gives the impression that the game is dying.

The Wrapping up Existing Plots season sound like a great idea. Would love to see that Children of Khan STF finally introduced.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For a company of not grand size, no new content while bug fixing. Will disrupt the cash flow, but at some point it has to be done.

One company has done that...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's time we ran into the mirror counterparts of our toons. That could be fun.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like this idea. Although with how many times I played Mirror Invasion, I'm sure the people of the Terran Empire would want to put me on trial for war crimes.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • Options
    selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014

or

This right here.
    A season of fixed bugs :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    I second that - Star Trek Online, Season Ten: DIE BUGS DIE

Not gonna happen unless they release 12 new ships for T7. Just sayin.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You have just won the forum and internet at the same time, you are clearly have gone Quantum. * salutes *

So... if he is Quantum now... has his waveform already collapsed?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    originalkaticoriginalkatic Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's my ideas (pick one):

1. Bug Fix. As mentioned by others, and entire season where the Devs do nothing but hunt down and fix bugs. They want to maintain cashflow during that season, lower prices in the cash shop by 20% permanantly and give us back the option in the Arc Launcher to buy in $5/500Zen increments. There's nothing pressing I want that I'd put in $50 bucks for, but I'd put in $35.

2. Thread Ender. Wrap up missions telling us how the various stories end, the Gorn uprising, the True Way, the Tal Shiar.. All just dangling there unfinished. Heck, it could be a Lockbox extravaganza, each thread getting tied up gets it's own Lockbox & Lockbox rewards.

3. Raptor Reborn. The Romulan Republic finally defeats the Tal Shiar, only for relations between the Romulans and the UFP & the KDF to turn dramatically sour due to how they did so (Thalaron Weaponry). Romulan players get yet another choice, to stay with their chosen faction (UFP or KDF) or to return home to the Republic as a loyal Romulan/Reman to the cause for independence. They get three Tiers of new Independant content, the UFP and KDF get new anti-Republic Content, and all the storylines make sense again. For cashflow purposes, give the Roms 2-3 new species (Hirogen/Mintaken/cat-species-thing) and the resulting ship options (both basic and Tx.5 Zen versions at T2-T-6), Science Vessels, Battlecruisers beyond the D'Deridex, etc..

4. War Rekindled. The UFP and the KDF discover the actions of each other Intelligence communities, the KDF in Eta Eridani (the Devidian Arc), the UFP in the Vega System (Khitomer Vortex), accusations of violations of the Temporal Accords hurl each way, Diplomacy breaks down, and the war begins anew.. This gives them the chance to do something that is direly needed, a PvP revamp, rebalancing the classes, new maps, new missions, new storylines, all wrapped up and involved with new PvE stryline missions in Eta Eridani, Regulus, and Pi Canis, which the Romulans can participate in with their chosen faction.
    Original Join Date: January 2010. Ragequit Date: January 7th 2012. Return Date: October 23rd 2014.

Almost called it.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think "wrap up some plotlines" is the best idea here. Cryptic should not be afraid to close a few chapters so they can open up new ones. (In a way, they already did this - the Undine story seems "done", mostly, for now.)

A season that just contains bug fixes sounds boring. I don't "suffer" from all that many bugs in this game - even if I notice them, they are usually harmless.

I don't like the Mirrror storyline, I think it has been way overdone by now. I don't want to play on the Mirror Side, and IMO, the only thing they need to do is a wrap-up - the mirror bridges/rifts get fixed "permanently" (at least more permanently than they used to.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think "wrap up some plotlines" is the best idea here. Cryptic should not be afraid to close a few chapters so they can open up new ones. (In a way, they already did this - the Undine story seems "done", mostly, for now.)

Glad that you mention the Undine arc.

I consider that one a prime example of a hanging plot being resolved in a respectable manner.
    Nice FEs, a reworked mission arc and an entire Season dedicated to the Undine theme + future story potential (Cooper isn't dead. I think the Undine will go against the Iconians now) - that's how it's done, Cryptic.

Give the Preservers, Tholians, Mirror Universe and Voth (and all which I forgot) the same treatment.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

A season that just contains bug fixes sounds boring. I don't "suffer" from all that many bugs in this game - even if I notice them, they are usually harmless.

I don't like the Mirrror storyline, I think it has been way overdone by now. I don't want to play on the Mirror Side, and IMO, the only thing they need to do is a wrap-up - the mirror bridges/rifts get fixed "permanently" (at least more permanently than they used to.)

I dont suffer with the bugs either... but it would be nice to have a real mirror storyline.. :)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    ok ok... lets merge the bug killer and wrap up ideas into 1 season, released in 2 parts one initial and then the second half at the .5 season. How about that? :P
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I think the OP is due some merit, it is a nice idea and one that I would certainly like to see play out. But in reality, I think they need to sort the current boat load of issues out that only been increased with DR. But hold on to that thought OP, you never know the Dev's might decide to pick it up.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!