test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with "Preemptive Strike Behind Enemy Lines" re-spawning

alpharatalpharat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I'm in the mission "Preemptive Strike", and on the planet "Behind Enemy Lines" (it's the one where you have to disable a Romulan transport inhibitor and destroy some advanced weapons). The problem is that when I die, and re-spawn, I am re-spawned inside some damn rock and can't get out. The only way to get out of it is to beam back to my ship and lose all progress. Seems like a game bug that needs to be looked at.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Post edited by alpharat on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it's going to sound like a smartass response, but... don't die.
    specifically don't die in that respawn area. you should know what the enemy is by now, change your tactic. if running in and flogging them to death isn't working, set back and pick them off. change your away team. you need more firepower? if you are a tac, are you using the security team? are you sci or tac boff heavy? a couple engineers spawning quantum mortars turrets and drones are a great force multiplier.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yup it is a known bug present since time ago, and , actually it was reminded a few days ago in the forums. I noticed it (the rock and some enemies were just trapped inside it...) time ago but i didnt report anything, because its useless.
  • scrappymcflyscrappymcfly Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it's going to sound like a smartass response, but... don't die.
    That's not smart-assy at all. Useless, maybe, but you're safe on the smart TRIBBLE count.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /stuck

Type that in your chat...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    /stuck

Type that in your chat...
    That doesn't work. You just get moved to a different point inside the rock.

I don't know how, but somehow the enemy roms are able to sometimes come out, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I had to beam out and do it all again (this time without accidentally hitting the respawn instead of call for help button.:rolleyes:
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That doesn't work. You just get moved to a different point inside the rock.

I don't know how, but somehow the enemy roms are able to sometimes come out, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I had to beam out and do it all again (this time without accidentally hitting the respawn instead of call for help button.:rolleyes:

nuts ... ...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • marman12marman12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes Star Trek Needs To Fix That **** Its Annoying Loosing Your Progress Over Some Stupid Rock Its Frustrating
  • daivelarsendaivelarsen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When you die, DO NOT CLICK RESPAWN, just click "call for help' and your away team will revive you like you can revive them!! kinda a neat little trick i didn't know about until today!! XD
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If all else fails,Team up with a buddy, or if you don't have one, you can try and catch me online, and I'll help ya out.

I say try, as my wife is pretty sick today, but I will try and be on later this morning.

@F9thRet , add to your friends list as need be, if you don't have anyone else to help ya.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.