test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defera City Hard - New bug?

xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Had to do it 3 times, because at least one fully assimilated Deferi was 'friendly' and just faced the wall (quite a few drones did that actually). Up to that point, it seemed like it was working fine.

Haven't observed this before. Is that a new one, or was I just lucky until now? I know the one where you have to wait and sit it out, because you can't free any Deferi. But haven't seen it working with just the last bit being impossible to complete.
Post edited by xdotsx on

Comments

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, this sounds like a new bug.

The normal problem with Defera City hard is during the first 2 phases, but these normally autocomplete within about 7 minutes, so they are tolerable. This one affects the final phase, which is new.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yup, the new bug is the borg you need to kill for the final sequence DO NOT SPAWN, which kinda nakes it hard to complete.
    yo cryptic, what's wrong?
    do you think we were having too much fun there?
    is defera the new japori?
    can you fix anything without breaking three other things?
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm this too. The City drones and especially elite assimilated deferi do not aggro properly so city cannot be completed 2 out of 3 times (well I ran it 3 times and only managed to spawn all 4 elite assimilated at the end on the third time)

ticket ID #2,854,188.
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the 3rd set of alcoves from the right does still work now and again, check to see if the four fully-assimilated deferi have spawned correctly.
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This seems to be intermittent. On Saturday, both instances were horribly bugged (where the fully assimilated would often not even spawn), but today I ran the 3rd set of alcoves twice in a row on alts and it was not bugged either time...
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Honestly I have ran in to this bug now like 3 different times. Can you freaking FIX the bug and NOT introduce any more in to the zone and KEEP the bug from reappearing every time you do an update
    Honestly I have lost interest in SPENDING ANY MONEY ON STO until these bugs are fixed and fixed permenantly
  • eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here.... It's very annoying, you need to try three or four times to get it working.... ¬¬
    The worst part is that you spend your time thinking that you are doing the mission than 30 seconds BEFORE you are to get the reward and: TADAAAA... BUGGED! *Rage Explosion*
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Ran city SIX times just now. Still didn't get a completion because of the new bugs. Ended up giving up out of boredom and frustration.

It was bad enough before having to wait for it to auto time out to the last stage, but now the last stage just gets stuck. I also noticed during some of them that the Borg which emerge in stage 2 were not turning to hostile and either just walked away or turned round and walked face first back into their alcoves for the remainder.

Come on Cryptic, the mission is pretty much unplayable now, what more is it going to take for you to fix this!? :mad:
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ripsterfxripsterfx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bump keep bumping till they take notice and make a fix :)
    edited November 2014
    I have the nagging feeling that Devs automatically ignore any thread which has Defera in the title.

I did find a 'workaround' if you have an engi on the team and one of the final drones doesn't exit the alcoves. If the engi walks in behind the drone and then faces outward and deploys a cover shield it pushes the drone out and they turn hostile.

Really the number of 'workarounds' we need to complete missions at this point is ridiculous.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • petrif666petrif666 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It would make Defera so much more fun if something was done to it. There are a million bugs and still people play there. What really annoys me is that no dev has ever even recognized any of these threads. It would be ok to get even a "Its not on a top priority to us, maye we take a look if we have time" but it seems as if none of these Defera threads even existed...:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Bump again. The only way to get it fixed is keep it on top and more people need to post. Defera is a good way to earn fc and dil to raise your fleet up and for those of us still working on raising our fleets we need Defera to work right, or at the very least have city work the way it used to. I will take that over not having it work at all and having to do bs work arounds to complete it.
  • petrif666petrif666 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree. Defera ground zone is one of the best things in the game so how about fix to that before coming up with new stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Verified the issue of the Fully Assimilated Deferi and sent it on to be fixed. Sorry this took so long, but the mission requires a minimum of three players and there are only five of us in STO QA, so this took some effort to coordinate.

Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Verified the issue of the Fully Assimilated Deferi and sent it on to be fixed. Sorry this took so long, but the mission requires a minimum of three players and there are only five of us in STO QA, so this took some effort to coordinate.

Thanks for the reports.

Hire me.

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realpeacekeeperrealpeacekeeper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports.

You are still allowed to call yourself QA? Well, good for you. XD
  • jayfreelancerjayfreelancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please tell me the other long-standing bugs with this mission have also been sent for a fix?
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports.

Glad to hear your going to try and fix it, thanks.
    Please tell me the other long-standing bugs with this mission have also been sent for a fix?

That'd be nice.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports.

Just ask us to stand in and help you troubleshoot. I would gladly give up an hour or two of my day if it meant getting Defera City fixed.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports.

Thank You :)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks for the reports.

I would have just had one person log on to three accounts at the same time.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After three runs with fleetmates, we determined that the most reliable alcove to have all four Fully Assimilated Deferi and not bug is the second one as you come from the Base Camp. On each run this alcove did not bug the last stage, while others did, despite having the Fully Assimilated Deferi already in place.

Looks like that alcove is going to be popular to get the mission done.
  • depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow this was all way buged from the begnning now you don't even get a reward.
    vqpJOX.gif
    edited November 2014
    The drones not leaving their alcoves is actually more annoying than all the other Defera bugs combined. I'm sorry I ever complained about the old bugs, please just return this to a state of functioning bugs instead of this useless PoS it's currently in.
  • mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2015
    I'm just wondering why after 3 months its still broken, but winter event bug shut down the server for days and got fixed?
    edited January 2015
    mazel76 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why after 3 months its still broken, but winter event bug shut down the server for days and got fixed?

Well the other bugs on Defera have existed for about three years or more, so I wouldn't expect it to get fixed any time this side of 2020.