test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shout out to crypticfrost

sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
Big ups to crypticfrost for finally TAGGING and RESPONDING to bug posts that you're investigating. You're listening! You may not be able to fix it right away or the first time but many thanks for giving us some kind of bidirectional feedback.

I usually **** on Cryptic and the developers really hard (especially Geko and the EP, the two reasons I stopped spending cash in STO) but I appreciate the time you're taking to say thanks for the reports, reproduced/verified, etc. It makes a difference.
Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like frost.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Big ups to crypticfrost for finally TAGGING and RESPONDING to bug posts that you're investigating. You're listening! You may not be able to fix it right away or the first time but many thanks for giving us some kind of bidirectional feedback.

I usually **** on Cryptic and the developers really hard (especially Geko and the EP, the two reasons I stopped spending cash in STO) but I appreciate the time you're taking to say thanks for the reports, reproduced/verified, etc. It makes a difference.

+1

Taco, Frost, CrypticCat... they appear to be nice, reasonable people.
    They and a handfull of others.

The higher ups, though? No comment.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Frost has always been good about responding to bug posts. It's definitely appreciated. :)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Frost follows the same cycle as the rest of the devs, so when he goes quiet, it means he has been put on Tribble bug duty.

It would make more sense to keep him on Holodeck duty 100% and have someone deal with Tribble bugs separately because every time he gets switched around, the bugs not fixed in the current release just pile up and usually last for years in the game.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Crypticfrost is one of the better devs in STO. Although he couldn't solve my specific issue (Foundry related), he at least took the time to acknowledge there was a problem and attempt to solve it. :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Who exactly is frost?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    He's the guy who responds in the Gameplay Bugs Forum. I always used to say bug report tickets and posts had an auto-redirect to /dev/null...

This guy responds and is professional and brief, not snarky.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Who exactly is frost?

Use the Dev Tracker and behold. ;)
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Use the Dev Tracker and behold. ;)

So you are saying that it's none of my business?

Rgr...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    So you are saying that it's none of my business?

Rgr...

Ugh? Why should I say so?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed. He has the unenviable job of having to respond to people's snarky, rude, bile-filled bug reports while being unable to fix the problem himself.

I say this as someone who made himself the squeaky wheel for a few days trying to get a bug report noticed. As soon as Frost noticed it he was very responsive.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Frost takes our bug reports, verifies them, and sends them on to the team to be worked on.
    The list of "known bugs" on the Thursday patches? Useless. If Frost has responded, it's now a known bug.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, Frost rocks. We love him down in the Foundry subfora. He's right up there with Taco.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    Frost takes our bug reports, verifies them, and sends them on to the team to be worked on.
    The list of "known bugs" on the Thursday patches? Useless. If Frost has responded, it's now a known bug.

Totally agree. We finally raised a sufficient quantity of hell on the Bug subforum to get loadouts looked at and once he got a thread going to investigate, lo and behold, progress.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1 for Crypticfrost! :cool:
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am usually pretty critical of cryptic's people but both frost and taco have been doing a great job on communication lately, some of the others, well.....
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swamarian wrote: »

This is a valid criticism.

I do appreciate Frost's effort put into his work, though.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The tagging is extremely helpful...agreed. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Totally agree. We finally raised a sufficient quantity of hell on the Bug subforum to get loadouts looked at and once he got a thread going to investigate, lo and behold, progress.

This bug has been plaguing us since before loadouts ever existed. The fact that it is even a topic of conversation is an insult.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's really useful to know that Cryptic knows about some issues, even if they may take some time to fix, so thanks to Frost for that.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.