test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Say something positive about Delta Rising

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
I'm in a good mood because I managed to find a new job within days of losing my last one, and I'd like to spread the warm fuzzies around.

The music for Delta Rising is awesome, and "Revelations" was an excellent "war movie"-style mission. It reminded me favorably of a side mission from Mass Effect 3 where you have to reactivate a krogan surface-to-orbit gun, and seeing Voth mechs lay into somebody besides me was quite fun.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ive been in a bad mood today..
    but I really do like the new captain skill tree. It will be this time next year before I have it fully unlocked, but even the few skills I do have already are awesome.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It has some nice missions and the VO work of actual Trek actors is cool.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reserved for when I think of one.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Voiceover. Overall story progresssion.

Yeah, that's it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations on the new job! I bet it's quite a relief, unemployment can go on for years if you're not careful - or just unlucky. Trust me, I know!

DR has it's good bits, I've enjoyed the content up to now though I don't intend to replay any of it. Mindscape was quite trippy, I liked that one.

The forums of course have also been quite entertaining.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shouldn't this be in Ten Forward? And then shoved aside into a dark corner where it will lie forgotten and no one can see it?
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I enjoyed the Kobali Arc storyline because it was so memorable it even overcame the inexcusable content gaps while leveling. It is controversial, made me think, developed Harry Kim as a memorable character and man of strong and independent opinions, took my toon' stank into account, is intense to play in a very interesting "retro" way that evokes WWII (the slightly TRIBBLE-like greatcoats and helmets some of the Vaadwaur wear may have further contributed to that vibe), and the overall story made me want to go back and was a bright spot even with so much else utterly falling apart around it.

(Note: I do not play any FPS games, so I am not trying to compare the ground combat to Call of a Duty or anything like that. It was, however, the first time I got a *really* intense ground combat experience like that, and I think the dev blog on designing the Vaadwaur suggests the "WWII" feel from the artists and designers of their tactics was intentional. I must therefore cite this as a job well done and a good "working as intended" by the devs. Whatever else is wrong, in that objective they knocked it out of the park as far as I am concerned)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    firefox3178firefox3178 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    I'm in a good mood because I managed to find a new job within days of losing my last one, and I'd like to spread the warm fuzzies around.

The music for Delta Rising is awesome, and "Revelations" was an excellent "war movie"-style mission. It reminded me favorably of a side mission from Mass Effect 3 where you have to reactivate a krogan surface-to-orbit gun, and seeing Voth mechs lay into somebody besides me was quite fun.

Congrats on the new job! I am about to lose the one I have (mixed feelings about that), but I will say DR has good voiceover work, and since it came out it's helped me rediscover my backlog of games on Steam :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic: If you think the bugs are bad, wait until you see our fixes!
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Club 47.

Ohwait, that's not DR. Nevermind then.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like the updated graphics post-DR. Pre-DR, Medium Medium-High was kind of bland and in big groups such as Sector alerts, tended to stutter a bit. Post-DR, Medium to Medium-High graphics now look like pre-DR High graphics, but doesn't stutter in big action zones.
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Great job on the pseudo 'TRIBBLE' club and the 'tron' outfits.... MOOOAAAAR Fed stuff please! Remember this is Fed Star Trek, not Klingon Trek or Romulan Trek, they are the 1%.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Um...honest question here: in the Star Trek universe, might the concept of a separate TRIBBLE club be seen as antiquated and one club be expected to cater openly to all sexual orientations? Given that we have evidence in STO and non-canon literature that there is no concept of being in the closet, this seems like an expected development.

If so--and I have not seen Club 47 yet--it might be consistent with canon to see some TRIBBLE club elements.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hopefully enough people will waste Dilithium on Updates etc, causing the Dil-Zen Exchange to crash ... = Profit

-> not sure for what ... but it can't be more worthless than upgrading gear for nothing ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I loved the story - yes even many of the patrols.

Getting The Doctor for my away team made my month.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    something positive about Delta Rising

/just doing as I'm told.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    something positive about Delta Rising

/just doing as I'm told.

Just say it. No need to write it down. :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Having all my end-game gear obsoleted and seeing PVP killed off by out of control powercreep has given me the free time needed to explore other games' mechanics
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The missions for the most part did a much better job of treating my character like an actual admiral rather than a gofer. Technically that was started in surface tension, but the delta missions kept it going. I also like the new intel abilities and the concept of starship mastery.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like the story and art/audio...
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love being fleeced to rebuy stuff I already bought before it is released as T6 so I can buy it yet again :)
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's saved me so much money, i'm saving even more as we speak. #moneyforoldrope ;)
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It was nice to finally get more than one long story mission. Not counting the revamps, this hasn't happened since I started playing the game. The voice work is mostly excellent, the in-mission cutscenes are the best yet, and I like how my boffs are included sometimes now (I believe this is a first outside of the early Romulan story?). The Kobali mini-story was nice, too.

The attempt to bring some difficulty to PVE was appreciated, too. Shame it seems to have backfired entirely. I can't say I agree with the failure conditions, IMO one of the great things about most of the old Elite queues was being unable to fail, no matter how bad your team, if you worked hard enough.

I actually like the slower leveling pacing, but there's not enough new content to hit the max level on Normal, which was a bad move for existing level 50 characters. I can only see it being a good thing for new characters, although I don't think they touched the 1-50 curve at all (a shame, it'd be nice to actually use each starship for more than a handful of missions).
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in Ten Forward? And then shoved aside into a dark corner where it will lie forgotten and no one can see it?

Possibly. We might get less sarcasm that way. :mad:
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations on the new job. May it be engaging and rewarding.

My favourite part of Delta Rising was the idea behind it. The execution is the part that is lacking.
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While I think Cryptic / PWE could have had better communication, I did like that they showed us the races we would encounter in DR, and listed what Voyager episodes they were in. This allowed me to re-watch those episodes, and get pumped for them when DR launched.

Having so many actors come back for voice work was really great, and I enjoyed the new storyline of DR.
    (I hope this is a trend, and in the future there could be a DS9 storyline with cast, and a TNG storyline with cast.)

(With my work and kids, I'm now much more of a casual player, only getting an hour or two a day if I'm lucky, and there is always so much to do, I haven't had as much time to dwell about the queue and STF changes....)

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pathfinder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations on your new job. :)
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my favorite parts

1. the Gorn negotiating a cease fire agreement with the Voth, free up valuable resources for the Empire.

2. The inclusion of the Vaadwuar into the Empire, and their outstanding performance as Military Governors for the Empire of conquered planets in the delta quadrant.

3. The Iconian virus given to the Vaadwuar that killed off all the Kobali then was later modified by Imperial scientists to kill all Vulcans and Romulans once and for all.

4. Finding a species that was so lowly that even the borg did not want them. to be cannon fodder of the mighty Klingon Empire. making them the perfect raiders of Borg installations for high tech Borg equipment. under the command of Klingon warriors of course.( mostly to ensure they didn't monkey with the tech and end up fused into the bulkheads).

5. forming a non aggression treaty with 8472 with them providing an officer exchange program and advanced anti Borg weapon technology in exchange for information of combating the bio-neural weaponry created to defeat them. and some of the Borg tech that our new raiding parties have acquired.

6. With all the Resources freed up from the needless conflicts that were brought on by the federation meddling into others affairs we have been able to reestablish the Klingon Empire as the Dominate force in the Beta and Alpha Quadrants.

7. the Formation of a new colony world on Khitomer.

8. locating the Klingon crew that was marooned in the delta Quadrant by the crew of Voyager and reintegrating them into the Empire Giving the Empire a Klingon Controlled Home world in the delta Quadrant for an advanced base.

9. the new T6 Klingon science ship

10. the new T6 BoP

11. the new Dahar master long coat

12. the new Klingon melee weapons

13. the fixing of Klingon tailor

14. the shoot on sight order for any and all Talaxians found outside of the delta quadrant.

15. the new story line that has us allied with the federation upto the point where we find out the Kabali are using Vaadwuar Hostages a population resource. then breaks away completely allowing us a unique story experience apart from the federation if we so choose. other wise allowing the people to continue with the federation story line.

yeah that about sums it all up love it all but they could have dropped 1-7 and 14 and i would still be a Happy Klingon .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Just say it. No need to write it down.
    I felt obligated. Needless to say, let me try again.

Something Positive?

Delta Rising proved to me that Cryptic have no idea what I would like from this game; even if I keep hinting (and in some cases outright saying) what I'd like to see. :D

PS: I have spent no money since DR launched.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222