test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't sign into ARC (website)

commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
I can't sign into ARC website to buy some Zen is anyone else getting this?
Solace.png
"I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by commandersolace on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nope... Did you do the standard routine of clearing cookies?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah just did no luck,

I get keeping getting this error:

The web page at https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/trouble might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ok... Another stupid question... Have you only tried loggin in from the arc mainpage, or have you tried other pages like startrekonline.com or http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Ok... Another stupid question... Have you only tried loggin in from the arc mainpage, or have you tried other pages like startrekonline.com or http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news

Same problem, maybe the site is overloaded?
    Solace.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Same problem, maybe the site is overloaded?

Na... Just tested... and it seems to work fine for me.

The questions I asked were mainly to determine if the problem was domain based or client based.
    Neither seems to be the problem though, as the first question was to solve the most common client side issue, and the other would have resolved most server based issues... well... worked around... It's a wordpress system after all, and easily fooled.

Are you by chance a Chrome user, cause we might be able to fool the webpage into thinking you're a new computer visiting using incognito. (we could also use another browser but most only have one or two installed).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Na... Just tested... and it seems to work fine for me.

The questions I asked were mainly to determine if the problem was domain based or client based.
    Neither seems to be the problem though, as the first question was to solve the most common client side issue, and the other would have resolved most server based issues... well... worked around... It's a wordpress system after all, and easily fooled.

Are you by chance a Chrome user, cause we might be able to fool the webpage into thinking you're a new computer visiting using incognito. (we could also use another browser but most only have one or two installed).

Currently using Chrome, I tried it through IE, Firefox too no luck
    Solace.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It is odd indeed then.

Usually that error occurs if you ping a request for a site that dosen't exist (or as your err desc says: the page has been moved without being forwarded).

I have however been unable to send packages to the URL you supplied, so there may be something somewhere that redirects you to the wrong path....

Gonna need a little while for this.

Edit: What happens if you try this page: https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It is odd indeed then.

Usually that error occurs if you ping a request for a site that dosen't exist (or as your err desc says: the page has been moved without being forwarded).

I have however been unable to send packages to the URL you supplied, so there may be something somewhere that redirects you to the wrong path....

Gonna need a little while for this.

Edit: What happens if you try this page: https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in

Alright I'll give it a try :)

Edit: Same Problem, when I go to sign in the progress 'wheel' just goes on an infinite loop :/

The web page at https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Solace.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Alright I'll give it a try :)

Edit: Same Problem

The web page at https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

In the posts I've come across thus far, the general agreement seems to be that certain apps / plugins tend to disrupt Chrome.

Did you install any programs that run background processes or have internet connections since last you've purchased Zen?
    This seems to be a plausible explaination, since you are getting the error across all your browsers.

Usually I would reccomend a reset of the network card(s) (using ipconfig /renew) and the router, but I prefer to not do that since I don't know your setup.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    However interestingly I can sign in through ARC program and by the ZEN without a hitch. It must be the website
    Solace.png
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't reward them for breaking the game. Have you looked at the XP changes? Have you seen the hitpoints are still crazy out of whack? Have you not noticed that rewards have been more than decimated, and that specific rewards needed for crafting, upgrading, or even just purchasing rep items are now unavailable to 99.999% of the playerbase?

Coupled with the insulting way they look down upon the playerbase that keeps them in business?

Don't reward them. Not until they straighten this out. It's still far too broken.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Don't reward them for breaking the game. Have you looked at the XP changes? Have you seen the hitpoints are still crazy out of whack? Have you not noticed that rewards have been more than decimated, and that specific rewards needed for crafting, upgrading, or even just purchasing rep items are now unavailable to 99.999% of the playerbase?

Coupled with the insulting way they look down upon the playerbase that keeps them in business?

Don't reward them. Not until they straighten this out. It's still far too broken.

The only dev I've seen that publicly looks down on the players is Geko...

The cat had a moment of frustration a few years back, where he trolled a little, but he hasn't been agressive since.

The point is, regardless of the goal, that he can't log into the website...
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Necros are very very bad

Start a new thread
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    4ViD3Ba.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.