test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

help please

gary70gary70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I can log into the game and after I put in my name and password the splash screen comes on and after the loading screen my character select screen is BLACK I cannot select a toon all I hear is the music. I have updated my vid card and all and still have the same issue. Any idea how to fix this problem? :(:(:(
Post edited by gary70 on

Comments

• gary70gary70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know it played fine with my vid card before which it is a Nvidia 9400 GT:confused:
  • farslidefarslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same card, same problem here.

If you go up to Options on the loader and select "Safe Mode" and deselect "Full Screen" it should load. It will be a tad laggy, and you will need to reset it (in-game) to fullscreen/resolution each time, but at least you can play.

It has to do with the Pixal Shaders not loading correctly. They said they fixed it. I guess we have to wait until they fix it, fix it.
  • gary70gary70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanx Farslide for that info it works fine as you said I think Arc needs to have another look at their so called fixed lol :)
  • ksobananaksobanana Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Use DX10 or DX11 rendering methods. Pixel Shading problems only happen on the game's DX9 rendering methods. Reason being, most of the DX10 stuff is being translated into DX9, causing shader compilation erros.