test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Borg Neural Processors available in Normal Borg STFs

paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
Could it please be made so that Borg STFs (Normal) can earn at least 1 Borg Neural Processor?

Put the Advanced to 2 Neural Processors and Normal to one, this would give us PvE players something to go for in Normal mode on Borg PvE queued missions.

Currently the Normal Borg PvE queued type missions are not really worth doing as you cannot get Borg Neural Processors.

How are New Level 50s who work up to a Tier 5 Omega Rep and cannot create Omega or MACO Space Sets if they cannot get access to Neural processors! I mean make these missions interesting for Normal mode as they are quite BORING at the moment only thing you get is Borg Marks and Experience.

Normal Mode should have available as a Reward: 1 Borg Neural Processor and the Borg Marks, basic R&D Box and EXP

Advanced Mode make it more worthwhile: 2 Neural processors and the more advanced stuff that would come with Advanced mode.

I mean you can get standard R&D boxes from most if not all PvE queued type missions.

Please bring the Neural Processors back for Normal Mode and give players below Level 60 a chance to get Omega Reputation Equipment, which they currently cannot get unless they do Advanced Mode for those Processors.
Post edited by paulda73 on

Comments

• Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And what about those who dont want the Omega space set, but want say the Dyson set instead?

If they were to do that for the Borg STFs they will have to do it for every other STF as well, otherwise people would cry foul and say its unfair, which it would be.

What is the problem with running advanced queues for those neural processors?

This may sound harsh, but sometines you have to work for it if you want something, you cant just have everything handed to you on a silver platter.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1-Don't know if it's still the case, but very rarely a BNP will drop as an extra on a NSTF (my first borg set was acquired that way - yes it took a long time).

2-Regardless point 1, I agree that normal - all normals - should reward items required for rep gear and crafting

3-Don't put the Dyson chips (or whatever the name is) on the same boat as BNP. The battleground is immensely eaiser than advanced queues.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    paulda73 wrote: »
    How are New Level 50s who work up to a Tier 5 Omega Rep and cannot create Omega or MACO Space Sets if they cannot get access to Neural processors! I mean make these missions interesting for Normal mode as they are quite BORING at the moment only thing you get is Borg Marks and Experience.

I understand your troubles. A random neural processor drop that is up for grabs at the end of each successfully completed normal STF could be very helpful. Another thing that would help would be to use the skill planner from STO Academy and post a link to your ship build.
    You could get advice on how to improve ship performance, where to get good gear that is free as rewards at the end of episode missions, etc. There are several of these episodes you can run multiple times to get more gear.
    Once you are better prepared from the help you could receive, you could begin joining advanced queues to get those neural processors.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, no.

Normal is too easy (relatively speaking) to allow top-line gear to be awarded from them.

If you want to best gear, then you have to earn it through dedicated and determined game-play ... afkers notwithstanding :P

But if Cryptic decided to allow BNPs to be gotten from Normal level, then all other Rep requirements should follow.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This may sound harsh, but sometines you have to work for it if you want something, you cant just have everything handed to you on a silver platter.

APCs come from the silver platter that is Bug Hunt.
    Isos come from the silver platter that is the Dyson Space Battlezone.
    Cybers come from the silver platter that is the Dyson Ground Battlezone.

Neither New Rom nor Nukara require any special items.

BNPs/Omega is the only one without the silver platter...

...just saying.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think BNPs and APCs should drop from the Deferi/Kobali ground zones, breathe some more life into those areas.

It's great when 20 something people are running around a map, spontaneously cooperating. One of the main things I like about Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about a random chance to get a BNP in Normal?

In the old days we were always guaranteed 1 BNP in Elite. You could have also gotten a chance to get 3, 5, or 9 extra randomly. (i think it is 3, 5, 9, but I am not sure)

How about for Normal there is a 20% chance to get 1 BNP
    Advanced you always get 1 BNP, with a 20% chance to get another
    Elite you always get 1 BNP with a 30%, 20%, 10% chance to get 1, 3, 5 extra BNP respectively.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Adding BNPs to Defera would require acknowledging that Defera exists. And that means they might have to fix the horrid state some of the missions there are currently in.

That said, it did get updated with dilithium rewards not too long ago (s9?), so maybe there's a chance of it happening without them having to put any real effort into updating the zone.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, no.

Normal is too easy (relatively speaking) to allow top-line gear to be awarded from them.

If you want to best gear, then you have to earn it through dedicated and determined game-play ... afkers notwithstanding :P

But if Cryptic decided to allow BNPs to be gotten from Normal level, then all other Rep requirements should follow.

+1

It's an insane idea to basically give away BNP's by awarding them in normal diff missions. There's got to be a better way.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree. Adding them to ground zones couldn't hurt either. People should have more than one path to gear.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    +1

It's an insane idea to basically give away BNP's by awarding them in normal diff missions. There's got to be a better way.

You would expect the difficulty level of the battlezones, especially Dyson and Undine, of which you are introduced to in "normal" level missions to run at said level in perpetuity...

Therefore, we have precedent for "normal difficulty" missions to grant up to 5 "doohickies" - specifically the result of a successful 3x dino tag with all silos 80%+...

And a "normal" anti-Borg STF can't give (or have chance to give) 1x why again?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1

There is, make advanced queues not suck.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    You would expect the difficulty level of the battlezones, especially Dyson and Undine, of which you are introduced to in "normal" level missions to run at said level in perpetuity...

Therefore, we have precedent for "normal difficulty" missions to grant up to 5 "doohickies" - specifically the result of a successful 3x dino tag with all silos 80%+...

And a "normal" anti-Borg STF can't give (or have chance to give) 1x why again?

I certainly would expect gear you could basically get free just for being 'present' in a mission to not be as good as gear you need to 'earn' like Omega gear. Of course I expected 'earn' to mean you had to play difficult missions- NOT throw marks into a grinder and sleep thru normal lvl STF's with mkIV gear.

New an improved STO ?

Getting GOOD gear was supposed to be painful and difficult, but this idea is simply to make difficult mean 'it takes awhile'.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    lilithene666lilithene666 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As to Defera couldn't they just add in something like a sub mission with objectives where if you complete all 4 hards you get a module?
    31zGn5b.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1

Because the battlezones are oh so challenging, right?
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So I am out of luck in getting Omega Gear because I want to have fun playing the game and not receiving insults because I can't do 15 billion DPS or do things somebody else's way that they never said anything about. I have read the "post your worst" thread elsewhere in the forums and while I find some of the stories entertaining I believe that my skills are around the level of some of the noobs mentioned in that thread and not up to par for advanced.

So there should be some way to get BNP's for those people that have a similar belief as me or for those who like to play solo. As someone stated earlier there is a way to get all other similar item why not BMP's?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I will note that with the battlezones, the rewards are semi-time gated. We can only get IIs/VCIs if the zone is cleared, and only from the boss fights. So if they do it for Deferi/Kobali, they'll need some sort of similar event system.
    So I am out of luck in getting Omega Gear because I want to have fun playing the game and not receiving insults because I can't do 15 billion DPS or do things somebody else's way that they never said anything about. I have read the "post your worst" thread elsewhere in the forums and while I find some of the stories entertaining I believe that my skills are around the level of some of the noobs mentioned in that thread and not up to par for advanced.

You only need to do 10k DPS. There's no reason why you can't if you try.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Because the battlezones are oh so challenging, right?

*shrug

I dunno, I never thought of farming battlezones for BNP's- thats what STF's were for. Then again the only battlezone I've ever really played extensively was Defera for the fractal remodulator parts, and accolades. So you want BNP's to drop in Defera as well ? Who would even bother with STF's then ?

I'm missing the old Omega 'lottery' system even more now.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I dunno, I never thought of farming battlezones for BNP's- thats what STF's were for. Then again the only battlezone I've ever really played extensively was Defera for the fractal remodulator parts, and accolades. So you want BNP's to drop in Defera as well ? Who would even bother with STF's then ?

The people who could actually do them. That would also mean that the quality of queues would improve, since the people who suck would no longer fruitlessly drag everybody else down. That would mean that unless they knew what they were doing, they'd stay away from STFs - this is a good thing. It means the guys who can't do an STF if the entire team isn't competent would only find teams that were competent, and the rate of success would increase.

If Defera/Kobali was analogous to Dyson/Voth BZs, then you'd only pick up a BNP/APC when the entire map succeeded at something. Generally that's continuous work/play for at least 15 minutes, which means the STFs would be more efficient.

Those that can't do STFs would switch to Defera/Kobali, because otherwise they would be wasting their time.

Those who can't do STFs when being burdened with the former group would now succeed at STFs. Depending on their performance, one or the other would be more time efficient.

Those who had no problems with doing STFs anyway would continue to have no problems. They would continue to do STFs in 2-3 minutes. With the absence of the former group clogging up the queues with failure, they're more likely to queue instead of wait for premades, which further benefit the latter group.

That would be a good thing for everybody.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Jumping in here a sec. There is a small disconnect about the rewards in these stfs. Specifically the gear is supposed to make you better at fighting that particular enemy. So the error is I have to be good enough to advanced or elite my way through these guys repeatedly in order to get the gear to beat them easier? Does this sound logical to you? It is like saying you need to be able to ride a bicycle at 50mph before you can have a car. It defeats the point.

So having normal Queues give small amounts of the material to get good gear gives multiple players multiple options on how they want to play. Slog through normal fifty times for one piece of armour. Learn to be advanced for 20 times. Or maybe reach elite for ten passes.
    In a way I miss the old scaling rewards. Low cost got you Mk X gear which made you a little better in the matches. Then you could buy Mk XI or XII gear and be really good.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Specifically the gear is supposed to make you better at fighting that particular enemy.

In practice, that's only really true for the Omega ground sets. :P
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Jumping in here a sec. There is a small disconnect about the rewards in these stfs. Specifically the gear is supposed to make you better at fighting that particular enemy. So the error is I have to be good enough to advanced or elite my way through these guys repeatedly in order to get the gear to beat them easier? Does this sound logical to you? It is like saying you need to be able to ride a bicycle at 50mph before you can have a car. It defeats the point.

Omega rep has no space beam weapons, just the KCB and Omega Launcher both of which only require EC, marks and dil to create. So obviously the only space items that you can buy with BNP are the deflectors, engines and shields. A lot of people end up wanting Fleet shields so they only really need 6-10 BNP. And thats where we end up with the chicken and egg thing with advanced queues.

But really now...if you have KCB, Assimilated console, ZPEC, hyperplas launcher, Experimental Rom-plas, Rom-plas, 8472/Nukara/any of the other rep weapons is the Omega deflectors and engines (and shields) really needed to be able to complete that Advanced? if one of your goals is to be able to get Assim/Maco/KHG/Omega shields those dont become available until tier 5 anyways. Want to know what else you get at Omega rep tier 5? a care package that comes with marks, dil and 10 BNP. So even if you have zero BNP by the time you hit Omega tier 5 you've unlocked the ability to make the shields AND the resources to make it. If you want to go with assimilated you can actually make the full set with only 9 BNP, the other omega rep gear require 5 BNP each, total of 15 for the set.

So given that shields for Omega rep arent even unlocked until tier 5 that means you only really need deflectors and engines to be able to farm advanced. If people knew how to read stats they could find comparable exchange gear with close to similar stats. Set bonuses is another thing though...they may be nice but are they absolutely required to be able to do advanced instances? Assimilated 2pc is definately nice to have and so is KHG if you want that 25% torp damage. But Maco 2pc bonus and Omega force 2pc bonus both appear to suck.

At first i thought that locking BNP behind advanced sucked too. But after some thought i came to the conclusions above and realized that it wasnt so bad. I was doing old elite modes in a ship that was geared up with XI vr AP gear from episode repeats and the Solanae set and i was doing pretty well. If i were to start doing advanced in that same ship i'd imagine i would do fine with the same def/eng/shield setup as long as i upgraded my weapons and console gear to XIII or XIV (if thats even needed for doing advanced).

I mean...do we need to convince sarcasmdetector to start doing advanced runs in an unstacked group with stock XII or XII/XIV rep weapons and consoles and white quality IX shields, deflectors and engines just to prove it can be done?
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think aside from using BNPs for rep gear, it was for a lot of players a source of dilithium income as you can turn in 3 for 1000 dilithium.
    Now it's not so easy to farm them for dilithium so it's probably stopped a lot of players who already had the omega gear playing the Borg STFs. I know I don't play them now because i'll get more dilithium from the Voth & Undine battle-zones rather than insta-failing STF pugs

So the end result is that older players just abandon the queues and go elsewhere for their currency.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jon1764 wrote: »
    How about a random chance to get a BNP in Normal?

In the old days we were always guaranteed 1 BNP in Elite. You could have also gotten a chance to get 3, 5, or 9 extra randomly. (i think it is 3, 5, 9, but I am not sure)

How about for Normal there is a 20% chance to get 1 BNP
    Advanced you always get 1 BNP, with a 20% chance to get another
    Elite you always get 1 BNP with a 30%, 20%, 10% chance to get 1, 3, 5 extra BNP respectively.

There is a very slight chance for a BNP to drop in normal. I was doing normal for 6 months straight to learn the STFs and I had one drop. 4 runs per day, ~180 days means about 1 in 500 chance. I had 1 drop. :D Though granted don't know what the current drop rates are now...

I like the look of the auto-carbine so I'm working towards that.
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And sometimes a pug does work out. About a 25% success rate. But I did 8 tonight and got 2 BNP out of it....so it is doable. :D
  • Options
    vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rerednaw wrote: »
    And sometimes a pug does work out. About a 25% success rate. But I did 8 tonight and got 2 BNP out of it....so it is doable. :D

No, that's not doable. Not for a casual player. I'm lucky if I get to play an hour a day. with a .25% success rate, no matter how good a player I am, and a half hour cool down I could at best get one a week practically. That's just to get the ship geared up to where it's supposed to be do the elite missions. The old version of the Borg STF's were the best missions in all of morpgs. Please go back to them.
  • Options
    vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I see to lines of thinking here. One is we want a reward for doing really had missions, a challenge. Two is good players want access to the Omega gear with effort comparable to similar gear. The answer here is a third level. Rather than destroy the old lvl 50 Borg STF's you ought to leave those alone except that you are adjusted to fight at lvl 50. This level should reward the BNP's. You should also have a lvl 60 STF THAT DOES NOT REWARD GEAR NEEDED TO PLAY IN THE MISSION!!!!! This is where you go to USE the gear you have acquired. Come up with some other reward. Extra Di, cosmetic armor, something, but not functional gear. Make this as hard as you like. The 25% success rate would work here.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    paulda73 wrote: »
    Could it please be made so that Borg STFs (Normal) can earn at least 1 Borg Neural Processor?

Put the Advanced to 2 Neural Processors and Normal to one, this would give us PvE players something to go for in Normal mode on Borg PvE queued missions.

Currently the Normal Borg PvE queued type missions are not really worth doing as you cannot get Borg Neural Processors.

Normal Mode should have available as a Reward: 1 Borg Neural Processor and the Borg Marks, basic R&D Box and EXP

Advanced Mode make it more worthwhile: 2 Neural processors and the more advanced stuff that would come with Advanced mode.

I mean you can get standard R&D boxes from most if not all PvE queued type missions.

Please bring the Neural Processors back for Normal Mode and give players below Level 60 a chance to get Omega Reputation Equipment, which they currently cannot get unless they do Advanced Mode for those Processors.

Where is the incentive for you to become a better player? This is the worst idea ever.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Where is the incentive for you to become a better player? This is the worst idea ever.

Don't think that matters anymore since Borg Neural Processors are now available from all of the "hard" daily missions on Defera. So Cryptic doesn't seem to care either way how good a player you are or not.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Don't think that matters anymore since Borg Neural Processors are now available from all of the "hard" daily missions on Defera. So Cryptic doesn't seem to care either way how good a player you are or not.

Same could be said of their new idea, to change the mandatory fail criteria for advanced as well.

"Here you go kiddo's, since you weren't happy with the pop-up picture books, now we bring you coloring books, don't go drawing outside the lines!"
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!