test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: The Dragons Deceit - Shoot Weak Point INVESTIGATING

bkell1977abkell1977a Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi all,

I have been playing the new Delta quadrant missions and have gotten as far as The Dragons deceit.

I go through the mission and get to the Shoot Weak Point part, where you have to shoot rocks to cause a diversion.

The issue is that whenever I shoot at the rocks, nothing happens.

I have watched a video on YouTube of the mission to make sure I am doing everything right, and I am.

I suspect that the issue is that I am playing as a Reman and the game mechanic isn't set for this. A similar thing has happened before on one of the Bajor missions, where I couldn't activate a console.

If this has already been reported, my apologies.

Thanks.

Bkel1977.
Post edited by bkell1977a on

Comments

• Options
    jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Try clicking around to see if you can select the rock, then fire your weapons. I find doing this eventually works around that problem. It forces the game to register it as an enemy, thus allowing you to destroy it.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You may also want to use a pulsewave, its AoE should hit anyway. Continuous beam rifles (both high density and split) work almost each time, and Lunge just kills the poor rock.

Its a really old issue, happens also with doors on Drozana in "Night of the Comet" and with rocks covering cave entrance in that one particular Breen episode mission where you finally get the complete star chart.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The first time I played the mission this is exactly what I got as well.

The rocks became untargetable so the objective could not be completed.

I could not reproduce the bug.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    bkell1977abkell1977a Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi all,

So, I punched, kicked, stabbed, shot and burned the rocks as well as throwing a few grenades at them but nothing happened.

So I restarted the mission and tried clicking around, after a minute or so, I could suddenly lock on to the weak spot and destroy the rocks.

I can't explain it, first time I ran the mission nothing worked, but I'm not going to complain, just glad to have it finished.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Bkel1977.