test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elite Fleet Core no longer functioning INVESTIGATING

enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have an Elite Fleet Plasma-Integrated Warp Core Mk XII [AMP] [ECap] [Eff] [SSS] [W->A], and as of today's patch, it is no longer functional. No bonuses get applied whatsoever, and the ECap isn't even showing up in my power list. I've tried slotting and unslotting, discarding and reclaiming, and throwing upgrade packs at it, and nothing has so far fixed the problem. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by enkemen on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,656 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The [Amp] has not been working right for me since shortly after DR came online, deslotting, zoning and upgrade to Mk 13 has not made it come back, though I've seen the icon appear randomly in combat.

The core's capacitor function comes back after de-slotting and zoning to sector space and back to combat space. The [W->A] of my core was briefly not working for me, likely since just last patch, but zoning made it work again.

Have you taken the Maneuvering Thrusters Specialization recently per chance? I seem to recall noticing the icon for [Amp] being missing shortly after taking it, but that was one of the first specs I took after DR hit. Also, have you moved to a T6 ship or upgraded to T5-U?

Edit: Found another thread (besides the one I posted at nearly the same time as you posted this one) dealing with this issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254051&highlight=core&page=3
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm curious if more people are experiencing this, so *bump*.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Elite fleet plasma w/core amp ew eff scap stt use to give me a nice weapons boost, about 50-60 dps but not anymore.

PS this happened to me before DR think it was when pre patching started.
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes! Oh my god thank you! I've been going around in circles trying to report this. Elite Fleet Reinforced [AMP] [Ecap] [EPS] [SST] [W-S].

Here is my post to Cryptic support, Incident 141112-001748

Hello,

I was directed by a GM to file this ticket. It is a follow-up to bug
    reports 2883839 and 2889465 and a series of emails I have exchanged with
    the GM.

My warp core listed above is not giving me the prescribed bonuses. Please
    see screenshots for details, but I am not receiving the Synergy Amp Buff,
    not receiving proper buff to the EPS Skill, not receiving the proper buff
    to Shield power from the W->S Tag, and not receiving the Engines Capacitor
    power.

I have had this warp core since before March, I am unsure when I bought it from my fleet store. It worked up until I the latest expansion.

Side note - it OCCASIONALLY gives me the buffs, very rarely anymore.
    However when it DOES give me the buffs, the Trait EPS Manifold Efficiency
    stops working. Please see attached screenshots for details.

Thank you for your help.
    Chris

I do not know how to upload screenshots to this forum, is it possible? I have three good screenshots documenting the issue, if anyone knows how I can upload them.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The [Amp] has not been working right for me since shortly after DR came online, deslotting, zoning and upgrade to Mk 13 has not made it come back, though I've seen the icon appear randomly in combat.

The core's capacitor function comes back after de-slotting and zoning to sector space and back to combat space. The [W->A] of my core was briefly not working for me, likely since just last patch, but zoning made it work again.

Have you taken the Maneuvering Thrusters Specialization recently per chance? I seem to recall noticing the icon for [Amp] being missing shortly after taking it, but that was one of the first specs I took after DR hit. Also, have you moved to a T6 ship or upgraded to T5-U?

Zoning doesn't seem to fix anything for me. I haven't taken Maneuvering Thrusters, but I have taken Eat My Dust 1 and 2. Not sure if the problem began happening after I took those abilities.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    OK I just got an imigur account.

Here are screenshots documenting that I am not making this up.

3YPlHkf.jpg
    OBXVm8Q.jpg
    9QItLP6.jpg

Last, a functioning Advanced Fleet Warp Core, showing the Shield Power and EPS Skill buff I ought to be getting.
    UsTSu7W.jpg

Thanks!
    Chris
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You... don't need to create an imgur account to upload things there, that's why it's one of the best image hosts around. Especially next to TRIBBLE like PotatoBucket.

Free bump for visibility, anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Really? Well I have one now anyways ;-)

What the hell, it's not gonna hurt anything.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Submitted bug report #2,904,672 with the updates I have discovered -- my earlier bug report only noted the Synergy Amp was broken because that's all I had noticed at the time. The bug report references this forum posts and the screenshots I have taken.

I will continue to bump this post till someone important notices it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    saeyn wrote: »
    Zoning doesn't seem to fix anything for me. I haven't taken Maneuvering Thrusters, but I have taken Eat My Dust 1 and 2. Not sure if the problem began happening after I took those abilities.

Pretty much completely different cores beyond [AMP] and Eat My Dust was taken a fair bit after I noticed buffs disappearing. So much for me hoping a core with different stats would work positively, if a particular [mod] was different.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I only own the one Elite Core (they expensive) but my Advanced Core with almost the same stats is functioning perfectly. I think the problem is associated with Elite Cores. I have seen plenty of people flying around with "Synergy Amp" buffs on, so it's not every Elite Core (though they could be people with upgraded UR rep system cores).

I just hope someone from Cryptic at least sees this and queues it up for someone to work on. I understand it may take a while to fix as it probably isn't the highest priority, but at least acknowledge that the problem is real and that you are aware of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sigh. Bump.

Seriously, not a peep? Come on please notice this. I'm not making it up. I will post the screenshots again.

http://i.imgur.com/3YPlHkf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/OBXVm8Q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9QItLP6.jpg

Last, a functioning Advanced Fleet Warp Core, showing the Shield Power and EPS Skill buff I should be getting.
    http://i.imgur.com/UsTSu7W.jpg

My warp core shown above is not giving me the prescribed bonuses. Please
    see screenshots for details, but I am not receiving the Synergy Amp Buff,
    not receiving proper buff to the EPS Skill, not receiving the proper buff
    to Shield power from the W->S Tag, and not receiving the Engines Capacitor
    power.

Zoning does not solve the problem, un-equipping and re-equipping does not solve the problem.

Selwyn@saeyn #2,904,672

Should I start my own thread? Would that catch someone's eye? All I need is a "Grunt, I've seen your bug, looks like a real bug, we'll look into it" Anything's better than complete silence. I ground many a grind to get the fleet cred for that warp core, I think it's only fair I get the proper bonuses from the item.
  • Options
    ksobananaksobanana Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ... I'm not going to say its happening to me to, since it isn't... But the topic has openend my eyes enough to avoid wasting potential specialization points on stuff that could potentially break my core's functionality...

... In any case, my Warp Core is functioning properly and its giving the 'Synergy Amp' bonus as well. However, I hope fellow players will also notify in this same topic if similar problems happen. If my Warp Core stops working properly, now I have a topic to share such experience and state -exactly- what caused it, so that fellow players avoid breaking their Cores in the future...

... and the Devs start fixing stuff instead of nerfing stuff... They can nerf certain Intel abilities to the point where having them is irrelevant though, since Intel Ships and Officers are meant for PvP engagements... Or, make intel officers available for T5 ships that have Universal Stations...

... For you, Devs... U-N-I-V-E-R-S-A-L, I can spell it right AND I know it means that every Officer can be placed there, -which includes Intel officers-. If Intel Officers aren't meant for T5 & T5-U ships, then change T5 & T5-U Universal Stations to Tac/Sci/Eng Hybrids... Enough with the "Get T6 to enjoy Intel Officers" stupidity, its not worth the Zen you've placed them at.

Moving on... Saeyn, I'll keep an eye out to what's causing that problem. If it happens to me, I'll post it here right away.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I've got this on my list for investigation. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you, sir!

It may be related to the thread about fleet items slotted then removed from the upgrade queue glitching and losing their buffs. I think (but cannot confirm because I can't remember specifically) that I slotted the warp core in the upgrade queue to see what a MK XIII would look like.

It might well NOT be related to that, but I think it's an avenue worth exploring, anyhow.

Thank you again for the response,
    Regards,
    Chris
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I pulled a copy of Selwyn and looked at it on our build for Thursday. As far as I can see, your Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core Mk XII [AMP] [ECap] [EPS] [SST] [W->S] is working properly on that build. The numbers buff properly and the Engines Capacitor is in the power tray as it should be.

So, hopefully, everything will look good on your end once the new build goes live. Let me know if you still have problems after tomorrow's update.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    OK awesome. I don't get home till late EST tomorrow, but I'll log in and check it once I'm home and respond here one way or the other.

Thanks, Frost.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey Frost, it's still broken.

Advanced Core: http://i.imgur.com/shbeKc3.jpg

Elite Core: http://i.imgur.com/Coyjawt.jpg

Note EPS Skill, Shield Power and no Synergy Amp. Base power is different than my prior screenshots b/c I have MACO set equipped instead of Borg.

Let me know if you need any more detailed information from me.

Thanks
  • Options
    xzaviusxzavius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm suffering from the same bug. My Elite Warp Core is only offering the bonus to the power levels and max power levels, but none of the others.
    No Synergy AMP, No Battery Skill, No Subsystem Repair Skill Bonus...

Fix this please.
  • Options
    seddheenseddheen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As someone who's also suffering from this problem (reported in one of the Elite Fleet Shields thread a few weeks ago since I'm also having a similar problem with my shields), I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions.

If you switch starships then switch back, does the amp buff, capacitor, and whatever stat boost your core provides reappear?

Also, when you slot items into the upgrade interface, do you tend to unequip them first, or do you just go to the "select item" list in the upgrade interface and select the item from that list while the item's still equipped?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    seddheen wrote: »
    As someone who's also suffering from this problem (reported in one of the Elite Fleet Shields thread a few weeks ago since I'm also having a similar problem with my shields), I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions.

If you switch starships then switch back, does the amp buff, capacitor, and whatever stat boost your core provides reappear?
    Yes.
    seddheen wrote: »
    Also, when you slot items into the upgrade interface, do you tend to unequip them first, or do you just go to the "select item" list in the upgrade interface and select the item from that list while the item's still equipped?

Usually from the list, but I tried both ways and it makes no difference to the working state of the item.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sigh.

Logged in today, and to my amazement it was working when I first jumped into game - in orbit of K-7! I swapped out my Advanced for my Elite more than once and the AMP was back! And the EPS Bonus was back!

I went to sector space and went to the nearest combat map - Traelus Satellite Repair and...
    http://i.imgur.com/6a5nCxj.jpg

Went right back to broken. I left the Traelus system and headed back to K-7 and it was still broken.

Should I just buy another one of these? I mean, the price has dropped significantly since I first bought it in the spring. I'm just worried that I'll buy another and IT will be bugged too.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    As of todays update, the issue still isn't resolved.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xzavius wrote: »
    As of todays update, the issue still isn't resolved.

Confirmed from others in fleet that it isn't working. the Fleet Reinforced cores to be specific.

Cmon, the warp core is one of the most important pieces on any ship build; this isn't a minor issue, it's pretty major.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And as and of today, the Fleet Reinforced Warpcores are still broken.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I was able to reproduce this. Thanks for the reports. I have no idea how long a fix will take.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, it's nice to at least know it's a known issue that might be resolved now :).
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the same problem. Elite Fleet warp core is completely broken for me.
  • Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core Mk XIV is missing the Shield Capacitor, and I believe the other attributes as well (AMP, S->W, etc). It is applying the bonus power to Aux and Shields though, oddly enough.

Any update on when this might be fixed?

Thanks!