test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO]The Wizards of STO Present: Why don't you come with me little girl...

2»

Comments

• Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No dissuading me that Ryan's skills and understanding of the game mechanics likely drives the devs nuts periodically.

That aside, how much of that potential to do damage is the result of the entire team?

The recluse alone changes things. Which is why a individuals record means nothing.

If the team wasn't there the outcome wouldn't be 80k, which is something people that don't know need to understand.

And my comment about an engineer. Best DPS I can get out of my Engineers in space are with them in carriers, pets buff up that number, in anything else it's laughable compared to a tac in the same ship and setup. Wish they'd change that. I do love them on ground, but don't care much for ground. lol

APA and GDF are balance killers in this game in space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    porchsong wrote: »
    Make no mistake, the team helps immensely. We have never said anything different. If anything, we want to show people how well team can operate. The game is a team mmo and ISA is a team stf (you have to have 5 go into it).

To be honest, we were simply trying to get Ryan over 70k. The 82k was pure bonus and not expected. Hell, we almost bailed on that run after the first cube as Ryan didn't get a good cube pop and gdf. But doing the run in 1:26 allowed that to happen as there was no falloff to Ryan's dps curve.

Can anyone do this--not likely, but by no mean impossible.

Wow, did you do a soul-swap with sarcasm??

Cause it sure seems that way if you know what I mean...
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »

That would be true except as Wizards we don't have souls.

...and Ryan clearly sold his. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That would be true except as Wizards we don't have souls.

...and Ryan clearly sold his. :D

Well then clearly it was a Mana swap. :cool:
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All hands, brace for impact, as our dps needs increasing! :P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

You know, I used to be skeptical as well of what these guys are capable of doing, or should I say one person teaching them. I am not part of ANY DPS League, but after researching some more of the links that were shared by them. The info has helped dramatically, I'm not saying this to defend them or their posts OR how you percieve them. As an outsider seriously, take a look before posting a comment like this, it would be NO different if Cryptic posted this information firsthand to you.

Grats guys... ignore posts like these, from a non-believer to a believer, knowledge is power. :eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    You know, I used to be skeptical as well of what these guys are capable of doing, or should I say one person teaching them. I am not part of ANY DPS League, but after researching some more of the links that were shared by them. The info has helped dramatically, I'm not saying this to defend them or their posts OR how you percieve them. As an outsider seriously, take a look before posting a comment like this, it would be NO different if Cryptic posted this information firsthand to you.

Grats guys... ignore posts like these, from a non-believer to a believer, knowledge is power. :eek:

Whoa there dude, misinterpreted. I know these folks, it was supposed to be an inside joke.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Whoa there dude, misinterpreted. I know these folks, it was supposed to be an inside joke.

Meh, don't sweat it. We get knee-jerked attacked so quickly by others, that people mis-interpret inside jokes. . . . .

Cheers!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »

It's not a matter of belief of disbelief, but a matter of interpreting the data. When I was in a very good team (which I happened to be, the other day), I suddenly did 36k in CSA. When the team is about average, I do like 15k, maybe; or less if the team, as a whole, kinda sucks. Which, on a whole, means I do between 10-20k.

These guys obviously are extremely good as a team, and understand the game better than anyone else. But the individual DPS scores are kinda meaningless. If any of them would fly in a pug with me, none of them would do near 81k; not even close. They'd top-rank, for sure; but team time is simply a major factor in in how DPS is formulated. And they're not even denying that.

Doesn't make their achievement any less impressive, btw. And I bet they're right that no one else can really pull this off.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    It's not a matter of belief of disbelief, but a matter of interpreting the data. When I was in a very good team (which I happened to be, the other day), I suddenly did 36k in CSA. When the team is about average, I do like 15k, maybe; or less if the team, as a whole, kinda sucks. Which, on a whole, means I do between 10-20k.

These guys obviously are extremely good as a team, and understand the game better than anyone else. But the individual DPS scores are kinda meaningless. If any of them would fly in a pug with me, none of them would do near 81k; not even close. They'd top-rank, for sure; but team time is simply a major factor in in how DPS is formulated. And they're not even denying that.

Doesn't make their achievement any less impressive, btw. And I bet they're right that no one else can really pull this off.

This. Also, it would be nice for a lot of people and perhaps the DPS league if the devs added an invincible punching bag NPC as a "training object" in the holodecks in Starfleet academy.

An invincible punching bag NPC would be able to give us good baselines on abilities and our own "Single Unit" DPS.

But for people interested in being "self-contained" fighting units, they are probably by definition not wanting to be top on the DPS charts.

It takes a great deal of personal skill and team coordination, plus team members who are also highly skilled in order to achieve numbers like those.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This. Also, it would be nice for a lot of people and perhaps the DPS league if the devs added an invincible punching bag NPC as a "training object" in the holodecks in Starfleet academy.

An invincible punching bag NPC would be able to give us good baselines on abilities and our own "Single Unit" DPS.

I'd love to see that implemented! :)
    It takes a great deal of personal skill and team coordination, plus team members who are also highly skilled in order to achieve numbers like those.

Yup. As an individual, those numbers simply can't be reached (unless you're playing with other highly skilled individuals, as a team, is the point). These folks also have extremely good hand-eye coordination and reaction-speed. My brain literally can't even handle that. The rare occassion I had the privilege of flying with people in their league, most of everything around me had already died before I was even able to get a single shot off. :)

These folks are simpy excellent pilots, in every sense of the word.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mother of god.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    You just don't like that we are better than you, its ok, we understand.

Better at STO?

Sure. You win.

Anything else?

Not. :P
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What Kit, Loadout, ect?

How much did it cost to get to this level of dps output?
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Honest question.

Am I the only one bothered slightly by the title? Is this some sort of pop culture (or sci-fi) reference that I'm missing?
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Honest question.

Am I the only one bothered slightly by the title? Is this some sort of pop culture (or sci-fi) reference that I'm missing?

SarcasmDetector has a unique sense of humor.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    SarcasmDetector has a unique sense of humor.

It's a line from the song "Magic Carpet Ride" by Stepphenwolf (the second song on the video).

"Well, you don't know what, we can find. . . . Why don't you come with me little girl. . . .on a magic carpet ride. . . ."
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

They are very good in a team. The problem comes when either of them pug on their own.

The NX video reveals that the team of 3 Scimitar's and the Recluse could cope perfectly fine without the fifth ship, so does it really matter what else is brought?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited November 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    They are very good in a team. The problem comes when either of them pug on their own.

The NX video reveals that the team of 3 Scimitar's and the Recluse could cope perfectly fine without the fifth ship, so does it really matter what else is brought?

We Pug quite well on our own--just have to make slight survivability changes. But if you look again at the video or view the parse, Ryan did 6.6M of damage or roughly 25% of the table--not so much a useless 5th ;)

Again, we obviously know and admit that doing this as a solo run would not produce these extreme dps numbers--but that is not what we are trying. Furthermore, EVERY STF in this game is based on team play. You ask us to do these numbers with pugs--well the pug team would cause the dps curve to decline due to time of run, but it is still due to the TEAM. So wouldn't you want to be on a team that causes your dps curve to increase? So whole pug vs. specialized team argument is rather mute as we all agree your team matters. But the fact is: Ryan still ganked 82k on a Galaxy X. No matter how you cut it, that is simply amazing.

What is a little scary is, had he got a proper gdf on first cube pop, it would have been quite a bit more. As I said, we almost bailed on that run due to the 48% gdf he got (what that is only a 28% damage increase vs a 12% gdf that is around 90% damage increase). Remember gdf's last for 60 seconds. While waiting for him to decide to continue caused us to delay a little bit.

****OH TRIBBLE, I just reread your post and realized you were referencing the "NX" video--to which I totally agree. Sorry****
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a line from the song "Magic Carpet Ride" by Stepphenwolf (the second song on the video).
    Ah good. I was hoping it was a reference to something.

Cheers!
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Added the following to the OP:

Some people can't view the first video. Here's another link: http://youtu.be/Vb4ZlkJKuiE
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, nice work. Can I haz your stuffs? :D
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    mementoedenmementoeden Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulation on this great achievement its very impressive on the other hand this just proves how the game is in a pathetic state where only dps matters healers, tanks and support players are left in the dust.