test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO]The Wizards of STO Present: Why don't you come with me little girl...

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
Some of you might know my buddy RyanSTO and I, we like to take ships that everyone thinks are crappy and do amazing, impossible things with them.

Recently Ryan and I where discussing the Gal-X; he said he wanted to try breaking 50k DPS with it. I said it could do 60k easily. We where both wrong...

The Magic Carpet Ride

In case you where wondering: that is the new ISA speed record and the new Fed DPS record.

What was that about the Gal-X? yeah i agree it's TRIBBLE. :D

Edit: Some people can't view the first video. Here's another link: http://youtu.be/Vb4ZlkJKuiE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now all you little noobs out there don't go watching this and think the galaxy x is a good ship, its still a piece of flaming **** if you are not ryan.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Clearly that was a hax and you were faw padding. . . . wait, I was on the run. Gratz Ryan! I am still having trouble wrapping my head around that one. . . .

But I still like that 37 second HSN run (the filler material).
  • Options
    ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    inb4 hax cries by the general community
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Very nice, Congrats Ryan and great work to the whole team!

Expect much rage over having a Gal-X that does 17x what the avg Scimitar does.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They should make a separate subforum for these videos.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Again - nice job!

ps: How the band plays in the second part of the movie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    W.t.a.f.?

Wtf...
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." :eek: No need for Galaxy Class improvement threads any more, Ryan has done Cryptics job for them! :cool:

Following the recent NX video it would be interesting to see what Ryan could do with a T2 Cruiser Refit! :D
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    17 times awesome.
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic Announces a new Universal RyanSTO Console

Tired of playing like 95% of the community where you struggle just to gain XP? Looking for some simple relaxation reminiscent of before DR where you could glide through Elite STF's without difficulty?

Do you want to be Elite again?

Introducing the Universal RyanSTO Console

Activation of the console overrides your piloting and skill-usage, replacing it with a top-of-the-line AI replicating the abilities of RyanSTO. Additionally your gear receives a temporary rarity and ability boost for the duration.

The console's effect lasts 6.2 minutes, just long enough to solo NWS. It includes a optional Video recording and upload to Youtube feature.

Each use requires the expenditure of 100 Zen, and the console has a 30 second cool down.

----

But in all seriousness. Wow again.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hm, go under the cube and to the other side of the transformer? I'll have to try that.

I've learned something new!
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This all seems fairly reasonable with the "splitting up" strategy.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow...:rolleyes:

That you keep doing these things is great for you; that you keep posting about them in order to have everyone swoon and fawn over your exploits strikes me as, well...

..kinda needy.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

That you keep doing these things is great for you; that you keep posting about them in order to have everyone swoon and fawn over your exploits strikes me as, well...

..kinda needy.

Just sayin'.

You just don't like that we are better than you, its ok, we understand.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

..kinda needy.

Just sayin'.

Thousands of views say you are just a little bit bitter.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some of you might know my buddy RyanSTO and I, we like to take ships that everyone thinks are crappy and do amazing, impossible things with them.

Recently Ryan and I where discussing the Gal-X; he said he wanted to try breaking 50k DPS with it. I said it could do 60k easily. We where both wrong...

The Magic Carpet Ride

In case you where wondering: that is the new ISA speed record and the new Fed DPS record.

What was that about the Gal-X? yeah i agree it's TRIBBLE. :D

I'm curious, is there an STOAcademy Skill Planner build for the Gal and Gal-X in the two videos?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Tired of playing like 95% of the community where you struggle just to gain XP? Looking for some simple relaxation reminiscent of before DR where you could glide through Elite STF's without difficulty?

Activation of the console overrides your piloting and skill-usage, replacing it with a top-of-the-line AI replicating the abilities of RyanSTO. Additionally your gear receives a temporary rarity and ability boost for the duration.

The console's effect lasts 6.2 minutes, just long enough to solo NWS. It includes a optional Video recording and upload to Youtube feature.

Each use requires the expenditure of 100 Zen, and the console has a 30 second cool down.

----

^^ RyanSTO ship consumable for 100 zen plz Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

----

Ryan actually uses Emergency Power to Jena 3. It's a 17x boost and replaces the Phased Biomatter Triangle builds.
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Great video.
    Casuals don't think you can do this without the support.

Wizards. how about some Engineer toons sometime?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Great video.

Erm, the point really is what they can do together. Not how great they are individually.

Really, it all depends but Ryan alone would only probably doing 1/3-1/2 that 70k DPS figure without team support. It was a team effort.

And cmon, Engineer? These guys are not in it to survive. They actively hurt themselves to get GDF to do more damage. If you are parsing for a minute and a half, a good GDF can mean the difference between 30k and 60k DPS.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    And cmon, Engineer? These guys are not in it to survive. They actively hurt themselves to get GDF to do more damage. If you are parsing for a minute and a half, a good GDF can mean the difference between 30k and 60k DPS.

But what kind of psychopath of a captain deliberately damages their ship and injures their own crew for a stat buff? I mean even Kirk himself wouldn't do that (though Janeway might). Taking care of your ship and its crew is one of your top responsibilities as a commanding officer, right?

And as for teamwork, how often did we see any of the Enterprises with four wingmen? Even the Defiant flew solo most of the time. If a ship can't operate alone against any possible enemy with zero advanced warning, what good is it when the random alien of the week shows up? Boldly Going has almost always been a solo thing, not a team activity. TRIBBLE teamwork, stand on your own two nacelles!

(Eh kinda RPing, but kinda not too. But what good is a ship that can't function without minmaxing and lowering oneself to teamwork? Its a themepark game after all.)
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Engineers belong on the ground, that's where we keep them. In space PvE I see no reason to ever use an engineer.
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    some Of You Might Know My Buddy Ryansto And I, We Like To Take Ships That Everyone Thinks Are Crappy And Do Amazing, Impossible Things With Them.

Recently Ryan And I Where Discussing The Gal-x; He Said He Wanted To Try Breaking 50k Dps With It. I Said It Could Do 60k Easily. we Where Both Wrong...

the Magic Carpet Ride

In Case You Where Wondering: That Is The New Isa Speed Record And The New Fed Dps Record.

What Was That About The Gal-x? Yeah I Agree It's TRIBBLE. :d

Pure Awesomeness!!! Rock On!
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What I wouldn't give to get a good look at that build
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2014
    But what kind of psychopath of a captain deliberately damages their ship and injures their own crew for a stat buff? I mean even Kirk himself wouldn't do that (though Janeway might). Taking care of your ship and its crew is one of your top responsibilities as a commanding officer, right?

And as for teamwork, how often did we see any of the Enterprises with four wingmen? Even the Defiant flew solo most of the time. If a ship can't operate alone against any possible enemy with zero advanced warning, what good is it when the random alien of the week shows up? Boldly Going has almost always been a solo thing, not a team activity. TRIBBLE teamwork, stand on your own two nacelles!

(Eh kinda RPing, but kinda not too. But what good is a ship that can't function without minmaxing and lowering oneself to teamwork? Its a themepark game after all.)

*In raspy Janeway voice*

J: CHAKOTAY, activate the human weapon reactor!

C: But Captain, that takes the blood of the innocent to work!

J: How do you expect us to kill the BORG if we have MERCY?!! KILL THEM ALL!

C: O_O ...Okay Captain...
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Great video.

No dissuading me that Ryan's skills and understanding of the game mechanics likely drives the devs nuts periodically.

That aside, how much of that potential to do damage is the result of the entire team?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Now all you little noobs out there don't go watching this and think the galaxy x is a good ship, its still a piece of flaming **** if you are not ryan.

Lol, whatever buddy.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No dissuading me that Ryan's skills and understanding of the game mechanics likely drives the devs nuts periodically.

That aside, how much of that potential to do damage is the result of the entire team?

Make no mistake, the team helps immensely. We have never said anything different. If anything, we want to show people how well a team can operate. The game is a team mmo and ISA is a team stf (you have to have 5 go into it).

To be honest, we were simply trying to get Ryan over 70k. The 82k was pure bonus and not expected. Hell, we almost bailed on that run after the first cube as Ryan didn't get a good cube pop and gdf. But doing the run in 1:26 allowed that to happen as there was no falloff to Ryan's dps curve.

Can anyone do this--not likely, but by no means impossible.