test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1000 dilithium per day refine bonus

evierinforumevierinforum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey all, after playing for free for a few months I have deiced to support the game and subscribe.
But, on the website it clearly states that as a subscriber you get an extra 1000 dilithium to refine per day with a Doff mission. I can do the Fleet mine mission which gives me an extra 500 per day but the only other doff mission I can find is the veteran 800 day guy outside Starfleet Academy and the mission is greyed out not allowing me to do it. ARC support have pretty much said 'come here' so I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction.
I am level 60 by the way. A big thanks in advance for any help regardless of whether it solves my problem or not ;)
Post edited by evierinforum on

Comments

• Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been with STO since long before F2P so the last time I looked at a 'subscription benefits' page was a long time ago.

In fact the last time was when F2P was introduced and I looked to see what my life time sub would turn into.

This was the page; The free to play matrix. Now if you go there now it puts a 'Go to the new STO Website' Message in the way of the matrix, and moves you to the new site after a few seconds. However if your quick and if you scroll down a little you can still see where it says 8k refinement cap for both silver and gold members.

Until now I had no reason to look at this new 'subscription benefits page' But you are 100% correct. It clearly states;

'Access to an additional 1000 Dilithium Refinement each day (Doff Mission)'

However there is no such doff mission save for the veteran refinement reward. So I am guessing this is another example of our new community management team making a mistake. The delta rising blogs were filled with technical errors and typos as well.

I am guessing the powers that be are putting too much pressure on the community managers to get things done in a minimum time frame, so they cant research or proof read properly.
  • Options
    evierinforumevierinforum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for your response. I have contacted ARC support in the mean time and their response was pretty much

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

We appreciate the feedback, we will be escalating this concern for consideration.

We appreciate your continued understanding regarding this matter.

So I guess case closed needless to say I cancelled my subscription. If only just for that feature I would most certainly re subscribe, but hey lets shoot borg in the mean time :)
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It should be 1000 dil per 48 hours. 1000 per day seems like an error.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Afaik with the Mine we can refine a max of 9k dil all in all, if you're a lifer as well, each day. But they will soon have to increase that cap or else the dil-exchange will not be used much by those who buy Zen to trade for dil.

There are so many dil sinks now, and with the new R&D and Upgrade system everyone are pouring their dil in to that. We just had a dil-weekend and the dil->Zen price didn't even rise, it actually fell 1 point. If people can't get their Zens worth in dil they'll stop buy much of it, and perhaps PWE/Cryptic will realize it is time to set a new refine rate at 16k.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello Thread,

Yes indeed the mission described in the LifeTimer Benefits is the 800 Day Veteran mission that you can access at the Fed & KDF Academies.

While you should have access to this after purchasing the Lifetime Sub (also, make sure you went into the CStore and access the 'Claim LifeTime Benefits' item) I will jump in-game right now to confirm that this is still active for my personal account.

be back in a few with an update!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is just me but the 1k refine bonus needs to be easier to use since there is an issue about not being able to park characters on a map to be able to do the turning in of contraband and refining this easily with lots of alts especially since you can't park characters on a starbase to load in where the npc contact for it is. Right now you have to go through 4 loading screens(one logging in, going from sector space to instance Starbase space, then to starbase ops, and then loading between ops and tactical) as well these are the longest loading times in the game as well. Either designing all this was really awful or someone really hates the players.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Hello Thread,

Yes indeed the mission described in the LifeTimer Benefits is the 800 Day Veteran mission that you can access at the Fed & KDF Academies.

While you should have access to this after purchasing the Lifetime Sub (also, make sure you went into the CStore and access the 'Claim LifeTime Benefits' item) I will jump in-game right now to confirm that this is still active for my personal account.

be back in a few with an update!

~CaptainSmirk

I think the problem he's talking about is that it has the mission listed under the 'monthly sub' benefits, not the lifetime benefits. So the website is falsely advertising it as available to anybody with a monthly sub.

See for yourself;
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153

But also, the 1000 a day is rubbish as the mission takes 48 hours to complete.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup checked it and it is still available. My guess for the grey out is that it is either in progress, or you have to claim your lifetimer access codes from the CStore to get it.

If you are a monthly subscriber you get access to it after 800 days subscribed, and with the Lifetime sub, you get instant access to it as a perk for the Lifers.

I have checked that page and it is indeed not written correctly so I have sent this on to Treny and Adamanteus for corrections.

Hopefully they can get to it soon!

Sorry for the confusion.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Although the issue has been resolved I might as well take this opportunity to add that if someone with an LTS is starting a fresh character they would have to level up to unlock the doff system before being able to use the vet refiner. (Also a number of the lifer perks don't unlock by design until you level up at least once on a fresh character; then you'll get spammed with unlock notifications for a few seconds. :P )

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup checked it and it is still available. My guess for the grey out is that it is either in progress, or you have to claim your lifetimer access codes from the CStore to get it.

If you are a monthly subscriber you get access to it after 800 days subscribed, and with the Lifetime sub, you get instant access to it as a perk for the Lifers.

I have checked that page and it is indeed not written correctly so I have sent this on to Treny and Adamanteus for corrections.

Hopefully they can get to it soon!

Sorry for the confusion.

~CaptainSmirk

Yes the mission is available but it is not refine and extra 1,000 dilithium per day. The job has a 48hr timer and I believe a 24hr cooldown so the statement is still incorrect.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes the mission is available but it is not refine and extra 1,000 dilithium per day. The job has a 48hr timer and I believe a 24hr cooldown so the statement is still incorrect.
    But also, the 1000 a day is rubbish as the mission takes 48 hours to complete.
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    It should be 1000 dil per 48 hours. 1000 per day seems like an error.

Yes to all of the above. The assignment desperately needs to be changed to a 5-second assignment with a 20 hour cooldown.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    remember, we can't have anything that would allow us to increase dil gains to a more humane level. that would slow down their milking of our wallets.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    zealot425zealot425 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What's the name of the Duty office mission? I can't seem to find any Doff mission that provides 1,000 dilithium every 48hrs
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,487 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    zealot425, are you a lifetime or a monthly? Only they get that special DOFF mission that provides 1,000 dilithium every 48 hrs. Also, please do not necro old threads. Instead just ask the question again in a new thread or check stowiki to see if it has the answer to your question. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    zealot425zealot425 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Lifetime. okay will do.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Go back, thread! Go back to the thread grave from whence you came!
    qygl6.jpg
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.