test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

billing.arcgames does not seem to be working.

turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
I'm aware that there seems to be a current problem with being unable to buy Zen in-game, but unfortunately, it seems to have expanded to out-of-game as well now. Since roughly 10 PM (Eastern) last night, any attempt I've made to access the website's billing section ("Charge") to transfer Zen earned from surveys taken yesterday from my 'wallet' to STO or to purchase new Zen has had the same result.

The 'Charge' page (otherwise known as billing.arcgames.com/en ) does not load.

Starting from the 'News' page of the STO website, I click the link in the upper right-hand corner where it says 'Charge' and I wait... and I wait... it remains on the News page and shows working icons on my browser... It does this for several minutes.

Then instead of the 'Charge' page opening with its list of different Zen values and links to Earn Zen and Go To Your Wallet, I receive a page that is headed with "HTTP 500 Internal Security Error" that tells me that 'The website cannot display the page.' and lists 'The website is under maintenance' and 'The website has a programming error' as "Most Likely Causes".

Considering that it's done this on two seperate computers I've tried it on, I'm fairly sure it's not my computer. I've erased history, Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and restarted my computer and it still does it.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• selunite1982selunite1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Been having the same issue, and I've tried it on my desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. if I'm not already logged in I get as far as it asking me to log in then It locks up.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm also having this problem. It's currently doing it from ARC's browser, waterfox (firefox fork), palemoon (firefox fork), and internet explorer. I'm trying steam wallet, but it seems I'm having to redownload/repatch the entire game again. *martyred sigh*
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same thing happing to me as well :eek: I NEED ZEN!!:mad:
  • serenmordethserenmordeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am also having the same issue, the page just continues to load although I can access it if I log out of my account but as soon as I log in it just will not do anything
  • verizyneverizyne Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same with me. Its obviously a more widespread issue than what I assumed as a local annoyance. Which gives me a sense of relief, I don't have to be unhappy with my ISP. XD
  • fiachrafiachra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same on freshly updated Chrome. I don't even get an error page, just a blank screen... and that's trying to log in, much less charge something.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, the 'Charge' page and wallet are showing up again... but now it's still not letting Zen be purchased, it seems...

The 'Charge' page will load, but whenever I attempt to select any dollar amount, it simply highlights the amount and does nothing further, not progressing to allowing me to select the payment method.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited November 2014
    Nope - still refuses to allow progression any further than selecting a dollar amount. I click "$10" and it will outline the box as though it has been selected, but it won't allow the selection of Paypal or any other payment method. I even tried selecting different amounts and recieved the same results - not being allowed to select a payment method.
    edited November 2014
    Still unable to progress from 'Choose Amount' to 'Choose Payment Method'.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can, however, confirm that using the Steam Wallet method works fine. (Noting that it requires the steam-downloaded client rather than the ARC-downloaded one, which means a full redownload or other shenanigans.)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
    edited November 2014
    That's good, even if the main billing page remains ineffective... If the 'normal' methods (i.e. Paypal and such) aren't working by the time I leave to run errands today, I'm going to try picking up a PWE pre-paid card since the link for those still seems to be working... see if it will actually complete that transaction or if I'll just be out 20 USD...
    edited November 2014
    It's confirmed, Zen can still be bought with PWE prepaid cards, even if other methods seem to be non-working at the moment.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nope - still refuses to allow progression any further than selecting a dollar amount. I click "$10" and it will outline the box as though it has been selected, but it won't allow the selection of Paypal or any other payment method. I even tried selecting different amounts and recieved the same results - not being allowed to select a payment method.

Exactly the same for me, I'm trying to purchase £20 and it's doing the same. Ah well, their loss.