What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen bought through steam, has lead to me losing my steam account

Comments

• Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd save yourself the hassle and not bother with buying ZEN at all int he future. Hopefully you get your Steam account back and learn that PWE really can't be trusted with your business until they sort their TRIBBLE out.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Read through this whole thread, and holy Shiite. I got better customer service from EA. That's sad.

Congrats on apparently cracking the corporate wall of silence, and kudos to pweadmanteus (or however that's spelled, lol) for taking the time to look into it on PWE's end.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well guys, it's happened, it has finally happened. No Millie Sirus didn't look in a mirror and think "TRIBBLE, do I really dress like this" and no the second coming didn't happen Steve Jobs has not returned :P

Steam have finally unlocked my account. I'm literally sitting here shaking, I know "drama queen" right! I mean it's only an account. Well with a lot of money invested in it as well as time and effort.

Hang on let me get my soap box

So I was raised to have manors, you know "Yes, Sir. No, Sir" to say "Please and thank you"and to apologies to someone if I have done something to offend or wronged someone. Not only in my private life or my professional career.

When I was younger I was a Chef and in the heat of service things are said, but after service I took the time to find the person I had shouted or moaned at and apologized. I have also worked front of house, meaning bar and management. One thing you always do if something happened was to apologize to the customer even if you aren't guilty and it is the customer that is wrong. See the key to success in the restaurant business "is the customer is king" and I would imagine that is true of most industries. It is how you get return custom, also providing good products and service.

So where am I going with this.

12 Message by Support Tech Bret on Tue, 11th Nov 2014 14:39
    Hello John,

We apologize for the confusion.

We have reset your account password and sent the new login information to the e-mail address associated with this support account. If you do not receive the e-mail, please check your spam or trash folder.

Note: The new password consists of all numbers.

As a security precaution, your account will be unable to trade or use the Community Market for a period of time after a Steam Support assisted password reset.

This is Steams last response to me, this to me is neither an explanation or an apology, ok this bit is.

This is a what I call an apology that fell out of your mouth. You know like a kid has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, then knocked the cookie jar over, broke it and then laughs and when you ask him to apologize he walks away and whispers sorry out the corner of has mouth.

Maybe I should just accept it and move on, just a bit of a slap in the face IMO.

What do you guys think and be honest. Do you think I am being over dramatic or do you think they should muster up a better apology than this?
  • Options
    risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a fairly typical response for an impersonal apology, and about the best you're going to get given the medium for the conversation.

If you were able to speak to some one directly or in person, you would be able to tell the difference if they were truly sorry for the TRIBBLE up or not.

In the end, you got what you wanted.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Considering how much you had this escalated and received an adequate response from it, I'd cut your losses at this stage. Use it as a learning experience (eggs, basket etc).

If you keep escalating it, they may construe it as harassment and actually re-ban you for that. So be careful and be happy that you got everything back.

Congrats to you. I'm glad to hear this news.

Cheers!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup, don't push your luck! :) They admitted they were wrong:
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    END of Story - Nuff said

Move on and don't stretch your luck or you'll find yourself back in that corner whimpering like a child. :cool:
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gratz!!! Just move forward, and don't look back. An apology, be it canned or sincere, is good enough for me!!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    blitzsth wrote: »
    This is a what I call an apology that fell out of your mouth. You know like a kid has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, then knocked the cookie jar over, broke it and then laughs and when you ask him to apologize he walks away and whispers sorry out the corner of has mouth.

Maybe I should just accept it and move on, just a bit of a slap in the face IMO.

What do you guys think and be honest. Do you think I am being over dramatic or do you think they should muster up a better apology than this?
    I wouldn't expect a better apology from them, because I suspect that a fully blown apology has legal implications they do not want to risk. By describing the whole situation as "confusing", they probalby leave no good angle for that.

The anology with the cookie jar is not correct, I think, because Steam did not really break anything or took something from you. Yeah, you can claim there was some kind of "idealistic" loss and emotional stress, but... In the end it's not worth it. You got the account back, everything will be good.

If you're really unhappy with the results, you can always find ways to stop using the Steam Account (particularly for purchasing new games).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seemed like you had to move the Earth just to get that out of them....I'd just take the "Win".... So congrats!
    Glad you got an amicable solution!

But things would never be the same (at least for me) - I would be trying to find a way to where if this does happen again(and because it happened once it can happen again) to where I wouldn't be so neutered from it (In fact that's my new project). I'd forgive but never forget.
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, you guys are probably right. I will take it as a win/lose, but I will be looking to move away from steam, I may still use them for games that don't come out any where else, but that will be rare.

Shame I liked using Steam, but with the ability to lose all in one sweep is too much for me to risk.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad you found a resolution to your issue.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well guys, it's happened, it has finally happened. No Millie Sirus didn't look in a mirror and think "TRIBBLE, do I really dress like this" and no the second coming didn't happen Steve Jobs has not returned :P

Steam have finally unlocked my account. I'm literally sitting here shaking, I know "drama queen" right! I mean it's only an account. Well with a lot of money invested in it as well as time and effort.

Hang on let me get my soap box

So I was raised to have manors, you know "Yes, Sir. No, Sir" to say "Please and thank you"and to apologies to someone if I have done something to offend or wronged someone. Not only in my private life or my professional career.

When I was younger I was a Chef and in the heat of service things are said, but after service I took the time to find the person I had shouted or moaned at and apologized. I have also worked front of house, meaning bar and management. One thing you always do if something happened was to apologize to the customer even if you aren't guilty and it is the customer that is wrong. See the key to success in the restaurant business "is the customer is king" and I would imagine that is true of most industries. It is how you get return custom, also providing good products and service.

So where am I going with this.

12 Message by Support Tech Bret on Tue, 11th Nov 2014 14:39
    Hello John,

We have reset your account password and sent the new login information to the e-mail address associated with this support account. If you do not receive the e-mail, please check your spam or trash folder.

Note: The new password consists of all numbers.

As a security precaution, your account will be unable to trade or use the Community Market for a period of time after a Steam Support assisted password reset.

This is Steams last response to me, this to me is neither an explanation or an apology, ok this bit is.

First off, congrats on getting your account restored.

Second, think of the alternative - trying to force an apology out of an office worker who doesn't care about you or anyone else's situations. It's not gonna work. Sorry to break it to you, because you deserve more than a meaningless apology, but it's unrealistic to expect a heartfelt apology in this case.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, you guys are probably right. I will take it as a win/lose, but I will be looking to move away from steam, I may still use them for games that don't come out any where else, but that will be rare.

Shame I liked using Steam, but with the ability to lose all in one sweep is too much for me to risk.

smart move! take the win and in the future use paypal or something besides steam wallet :)

Im really glad you got this resolved positively tho.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Also, keep in mind companies rarely outspokenly admit their mistakes, for simple legal reasons. Once they say "Oops, through our fault entirely, you were unable to access your account for weeks," they open themselves up to lawsuits. Instead of even saying they were wrong, they just give you a lame 'Sorry for the confusion.' Defuq?! :)

Uh huh, life's like this
    Uh huh, uh huh, that's the way it is
    Cause life's like this
    Uh huh, uh huh that's the way it is
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is why i don't use pre-paid cards, I've heard too many of these horror stories.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just wanna say that I am delighted that this issue has finally been resolved for you dude! I'm really happy to see that you stood your ground and eventually won your war against a big TRIBBLE bully!

What happened to you should never have happened to you in the first place. But these are some big corporate boys... Take your winnings and run!

Congratulations Lad! You're an inspiration! :)
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad this is all sorted, took them long enough.

I agree the apology sucked, least they could have done is give youa £5 voucher to use on your next game buy.

However, that being said. I do agree on the point of "do not push your luck". With everything it took to get this far, chalk up a win.

You never know, sometimes after using support services you get an email with "rate us" (or something along those lines), I'd used that to politely and firmly explain just what you had to go through and no one took the time to give a personal apology. Add on it has put you off spending on any more things from that service - then they will get back to in good time ;)
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad it worked out. I would personally write them one more time. I would ask them what they are going to do to make it up to you?
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd save yourself the hassle and not bother with buying ZEN at all int he future. Hopefully you get your Steam account back and learn that PWE really can't be trusted with your business until they sort their TRIBBLE out.

How is PWE responsible for fixing a Steam support issue?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you want to get anything done in this country you've got to complain till you're blue in the mouth.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Didn't you know? Everything is PWE's fault.

• Steam TRIBBLE-ups, PWE's fault.
    • Twilight, PWE's fault.
    • High gas prices, PWE's fault.
    • Teenage pregnancies, PWE's fault.
    • Global warming, PWE's fault.
    • Justin Bieber, PWE's fault.
    • Solar flares, PWE's fault.
    You forgot Niki Minaj's buttocks, definitely PWE's fault :eek:
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Congratulations on getting it resolved, don't expect them to give anything more than this in the form of an apology. They F-ed up but if they actually admit it they're opening themselves up to legal action.

I would strongly advise against trying this:
    kozar2 wrote: »
    I would personally write them one more time. I would ask them what they are going to do to make it up to you?
    It would be a wasted effort and not worth getting you any more unwanted attention than you already had to contend with, better to just make the best of what you got.

I would avoid making future game related purchases through Steam if those games have more direct methods available, most of them should.
    As you now well know, for all the supposed convenience, It is just not worth the risk putting too many eggs in one basket.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting it resolved, don't expect them to give anything more than this in the form of an apology. They F-ed up but if they actually admit it they're opening themselves up to legal action.

I would strongly advise against trying this:It would be a wasted effort and not worth getting you any more unwanted attention than you already had to contend with, better to just make the best of what you got.

I would avoid making future game related purchases through Steam if those games have more direct methods available, most of them should.
    As you now well know, for all the supposed convenience, It is just not worth the risk putting too many eggs in one basket.

I agree with everything Max said. If you really want to feed money to the beas--er, PWE, you're better off with prepaid PWE cards. I've seen them sold at Walmarts and similar.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    azntrigboi wrote: »
    Wow...that is a severe result of a false positive. In a way, this is even more reason to not use Steam w/ STO which in turn means use Arc for STO...which is...uhh...very sad to say. :(

That could be the plan... ;)

Glad to hear you got your stuff back. . . for now! :eek:
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014

• Twilight, PWE's fault.

Ah, OK. I get it now. So "Thanks PWE" is the new "Thanks Obama"
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yay finally resolution!!! Man O Man.. the stuff we have to go through sometimes for false flags :)

I think something weird is going on with steam, I don't even use steam but 1-2 times a year when I get the urge to play 1 game I purchased over a year ago that required me to install steam... but the last 3 days I've received 6 emails for forgotten password and it wasn't me requesting it.
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sounds to me like you need a lawer
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad you got a resolution to this but it sounds like you'll never be able to use steam for zen purchases again (I sure as hell wouldn't trust it).

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014

• Twilight, PWE's fault.

They are also the root cause of global mass extinctions going back millions of years.