Need a auto respawn

2»

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    @peetapipmac

lets see, excuses...

'lots of players do it toooo' oldest excuse in the book for doing bad/stupid ****

'it's so tedious on 7 characters not my fault cryptic made it that way' i have 10 running it, and the previous 14 item missions i also ran on 10 characters, never afked.

'my time is more valuable than anyone else in the team' if you're playing a game your time isn't anymore valuable compared to anyone else playing the game.

you CHOSE to run the event, you don't have to, no ones forcing you too. just your greed, and selfishness when you blow off the rest of the team. blaming cryptic in this case for your laziness is BS as you do have a CHOICE.

10 times a day and i ALWAYS try for a perfect run on all 10 characters i run through it.

cryptic doesn't need to add an auto respawn, they just need to add another afk conditional, if player hasn't respawned in 30 seconds after delay timer expires they are kicked from match and receive the coveted afk penalty.

Good thing I always respawn.

And I would say more ambivalence then laziness.

And anyway, not really looking to excuse what I am doing, just explaining why I do it and why I don't feel any guilt for doing so.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I need only Transponder...
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I HATE this mission and never "want" to do it. But if you AFK... your just a little ****.

1/2 of the runs i do are for the marks... i hate borg disconnected even more so this is how i get my delta marks. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. You want the 50k dill, but found a way you can get it while being a troll.

IMO its not hard to code an AFK penalty in. If no buttons pressed for 2 min... auto boot. The game boots me for AFK after an hour.. Copy paste and done. The team will be 1 person down but at least someone being a **** wont get anything.

The mission is badly coded but if flying around killing things is not why you play this game.. i have no idea why you play it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tgo533 wrote: »
    1/2 of the runs i do are for the marks... i hate borg disconnected even more so this is how i get my delta marks. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. You want the 50k dill, but found a way you can get it while being a troll.

Believe it or not I don't do it to troll. I do it because I know from the last time this event was around that it's the only way I'm gonna get through it without going batty. Am I being inconsiderate to other people? Yeah I guess I am, but I'm playing for my own enjoyment and I am going to play in the way that maximizes my enjoyment, not other people's.

Sorry, but that is how it is. I don't find the need to do this in any other mission, but this is the only I will do this mission in it's current form.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Believe it or not I don't do it to troll. I do it because I know from the last time this event was around that it's the only way I'm gonna get through it without going batty. Am I being inconsiderate to other people? Yeah I guess I am, but I'm playing for my own enjoyment and I am going to play in the way that maximizes my enjoyment, not other people's.

Sorry, but that is how it is. I don't find the need to do this in any other mission, but this is the only I will do this mission in it's current form.

We all play for our own enjoyment, but most do it in a way that does not mess up other peoples enjoyment - it is called respect for others and fair play.

I also have a lot of alts (LTS since Beta, so been busy for 4 years) and feel like doing the mirror event on lots of alts will break what is left of my fragile mentally and place me in a rubber room. To that end, last mirror event and this one, I'm only doing it on 3 of my characters. The only reason you are doing it on more, is due to greed, nothing more.

Credit where credit is due - at least you've owned up to it. Not many greedy trolls would, so +1 for doing that.

Though, no one seems to understand that our forum names and in game names do not have to be the same, so those saying they will /ignore you - last laugh is on them, as you've not said if this is your in game name or not.

For the record, this is not my in game name for STO, that is how I know :P
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ideally what I’d like to see is an auto-loot when there is only 1 marks package offered as a reward. If it is JUST Delta marks, as an example, don’t make me select it and ‘take reward’ and don’t make me then open it from my inventory. Just dump them automatically into my marks bank.

Yes, if the STF, for example, offers a variety of available marks options (fleet, Romulan, omega, etc.) then I’ll choose the one I want. But if it’s only ONE…. Come on…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I report anyone in a match that isn't participating, just right click on their UI Frame and choose the Report to GM feature.

I put Non-participation as the subject, and just a simple, player isn't participating in the event in Mirror Event as the description.

Thankfully selfish jerks seem to be pretty rare, I have been doing 7 toons a day and have only reported 4 people.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I understand. I just refuse to take part in a section I neither enjoy or see a need to complete.
    Obviously not much of a team player. Huh?
    I noticed that very few people left but a fair few I had to report for profanity, so I just don't bother anymore.
    You had to report? Hah! That's the joke. They should have been reporting you for being an inconsiderate individual.
    Seriously though, the more you guys are getting all "holier then thou" about this, the less sorry I am.
    This says a lot about your character. Hardly surprising though.

I can only hope that next year, Cryptic modify the session so that if your ship doesn't move a certain distance, and you don't close a certain number of rifts, or engage a certain number of terran ships, then you're not rewarded with anything. And that's all in the first bit. That'll put you to practice. You'll have little option then but be required TO participate, throughout the whole thing.

Hopefully there will be a bug once you hit 14 Transponders, by-where they'll all vanish from your inventory (on all of your characters) and your GM ticket gets lost somewhere in cyberspace. Poetic Karma!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I understand. I just refuse to take part in a section I neither enjoy or see a need to complete.
    I'm sorry if someone feels screwed over because of it, though I doubt most people I've been teamed with have even noticed since I stopped bothering to let them know my plans at the start of the mission. I used to let them know so they could leave and reque if they had a problem with it. I noticed that very few people left but a fair few I had to report for profanity, so I just don't bother anymore.

Then join in existing queues and leave the game for people that actually want to achieve the goals, like myself. BTW: there is a good chance that I reported you as well. I had a d*ck doing the same thing and he was reported by all team members for this.

This does not make any friends. How hard is it to fly and press space bar once every while?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    I can only hope that next year, Cryptic modify the session so that if your ship doesn't move a certain distance, and you don't close a certain number of rifts, or engage a certain number of terran ships, then you're not rewarded with anything. And that's all in the first bit. That'll put you to practice. You'll have little option then but be required TO participate, throughout the whole thing.

Hopefully there will be a bug once you hit 14 Transponders, by-where they'll all vanish from your inventory (on all of your characters) and your GM ticket gets lost somewhere in cyberspace. Poetic Karma!

I think they really need to go about using WoWs afk report system in BGs. There is no vote kick in them due to obvious abuse reasons, the whole afk report is an automatic system.

You report a player afk, that person then gets flagged with a debuff that they can see. They are then given a set amount of time to get involved if they do not then they are kicked from the BG with another debuff that precents them from entering another one for a set time.

If they took this then the time periods for both the debuff->kick and then the prevention of doing it again would be set by Cryptic. The only power given to the players is the report which sets it off and the person who is reported then has a grace period to get involved so can clear it if it is a malicious report.

Whatwould be good is if they checked the records just asd he was getting to the 14th one and then removed all the transporters, or canceled the project if being filled along the way for the afkers. Though given the recent mess up with skill points I think this would hve to be done manually so unlikely but it would be good if it did.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just curious, if you claimed to have said something at the beginning of the mission so others can leave if they had a problem with it, why? It obviously was not out of respect for others. If so, you wouldn't expect them to have to leave, but would leave yourself if it upset them. You were simply using the others that queued for the mission to start it for you, and proved you didn't care about anyone else.

You said you don't go AFK in other missions, but report others that do. That makes no sense. You are only after the devices needed to run the rep project, and so you do only what is needed to get it. That means only helping at the end.

But what if someone is doing a STF, and all they need is the BNP. If they have done it on more than just a couple of characters, they may be bored with it too. But by your thinking, they should be allowed to sit and do nothing till the very last bit, because all they want are the BNP. Or, maybe all they want are the crafting mats.

See, you will report others for doing the same thing you are doing, just because it is a mission you don't go AFK in, but they do. That is being selfish.

Why not ask if anyone has a problem with you going AFK, and not doing the mission. If they do, then why don't you leave, and queue up again? That would be more respectful than using others just to get you into the queue, then TRIBBLE them over.

Also, what you are doing is an exploit. You are not only exploiting the game mechanics, but other players as well. I have 11 characters I am running it on, and one time I had to go AFK. I wrote a quick message to apologize, and then left the queue.

I had to redo the mission, but it is not that hard to do. It is an easy mission, just like last time they ran it.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Just curious, if you claimed to have said something at the beginning of the mission so others can leave if they had a problem with it, why? It obviously was not out of respect for others. If so, you wouldn't expect them to have to leave, but would leave yourself if it upset them. You were simply using the others that queued for the mission to start it for you, and proved you didn't care about anyone else.

You said you don't go AFK in other missions, but report others that do. That makes no sense. You are only after the devices needed to run the rep project, and so you do only what is needed to get it. That means only helping at the end.

But what if someone is doing a STF, and all they need is the BNP. If they have done it on more than just a couple of characters, they may be bored with it too. But by your thinking, they should be allowed to sit and do nothing till the very last bit, because all they want are the BNP. Or, maybe all they want are the crafting mats.

See, you will report others for doing the same thing you are doing, just because it is a mission you don't go AFK in, but they do. That is being selfish.

Why not ask if anyone has a problem with you going AFK, and not doing the mission. If they do, then why don't you leave, and queue up again? That would be more respectful than using others just to get you into the queue, then TRIBBLE them over.

Also, what you are doing is an exploit. You are not only exploiting the game mechanics, but other players as well. I have 11 characters I am running it on, and one time I had to go AFK. I wrote a quick message to apologize, and then left the queue.

I had to redo the mission, but it is not that hard to do. It is an easy mission, just like last time they ran it.

Honestly to much effort to leave myself. Selfish I know, but I'm not sorry.

Btw I am actually afk'ing right now to give this reply.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    auto respawn is not going to help.

Not that I care, but it just makes one faction suffer more (feds) since the other two can cloak and go afk without being blown up.

But say they added an auto respawn.. they guy is still afk, so what did you accomplish? Nothing.

There IS NO ANSWER.
    if they put in vote-kick, it will be abused to grief players by kicking for no reason for fun.
    if they put in a "is he moving" afk detector, ppl will jam a pen into their keyboard and fly in a circle or something.
    if they put in an "is he shooting" detector, the science guy closing portals will be kicked off your team.

A combination detector might work but again just flying in a circle or something will probably defeat it. The logic to get this to actually work with zero false positives (never kick an actual active player) is beyond what this dev team, who struggles to get the gender on a new race correct, can do. It would involve advanced AI techniques that err on the side of caution, and that is tricky (I work with AI and neural nets and fuzzy systems, and I am telling you, they are a pain to tune).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    auto respawn is not going to help.

Not that I care, but it just makes one faction suffer more (feds) since the other two can cloak and go afk without being blown up.

But say they added an auto respawn.. they guy is still afk, so what did you accomplish? Nothing.

There IS NO ANSWER.
    if they put in vote-kick, it will be abused to grief players by kicking for no reason for fun.
    if they put in a "is he moving" afk detector, ppl will jam a pen into their keyboard and fly in a circle or something.
    if they put in an "is he shooting" detector, the science guy closing portals will be kicked off your team.

A combination detector might work but again just flying in a circle or something will probably defeat it. The logic to get this to actually work with zero false positives (never kick an actual active player) is beyond what this dev team, who struggles to get the gender on a new race correct, can do. It would involve advanced AI techniques that err on the side of caution, and that is tricky (I work with AI and neural nets and fuzzy systems, and I am telling you, they are a pain to tune).

Which was the point of my first post in this thread.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I park my ship above the station, and goes afk.
    Gaming keyboard macro using boff skills, and my ship attack everything that approach station. Nerd don't rages, everybody happy :cool:
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Honestly to much effort to leave myself. Selfish I know, but I'm not sorry.

Btw I am actually afk'ing right now to give this reply.

Just sad. I do feel sorry for you, but your victims more.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!