test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EPS Manifold Efficiency

gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ferengi Male Engineer, EPS Manifold Efficiency not giving +10 power to subsystem on battery use.
Working on all other alts..

EDIT:

I found a workaround, I manually removed all the traits and reslotted them. Still needs to get fixed tho

EDIT 2:

Not working again, workaround failed... =.= sigh....

EDIT 3:

Only seems to be broken when using the Dauntless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    EPS Manifold not working no matter what ship I'm on... I'm not sure what's causing it to work for a moment and then stop... I've tried to trouble shoot to figure it out.. no luck

It only seems to be affect one toon... Ferengi Male.. which just happens to be my main character.. I'm incredibly frustrated right now..
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    EPS Manifold not working no matter what ship I'm on... I'm not sure what's causing it to work for a moment and then stop... I've tried to trouble shoot to figure it out.. no luck

It only seems to be affect one toon... Ferengi Male.. which just happens to be my main character.. I'm incredibly frustrated right now..

It also used to give you +10 power in the relevant system you activated in, but they nerfed that too.
    Save yourself the headache and unslot the power, it is just buggy and they have not fixed it since I created a big thread on it a year ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    It also used to give you +10 power in the relevant system you activated in, but they nerfed that too.
    Save yourself the headache and unslot the power, it is just buggy and they have not fixed it since I created a big thread on it a year ago.

Where the patch notes to this, it was working fine before DR released. I really hate stealth nerfs, all engineers really have in space is power levels. We don't get debuffs or damage bonuses, this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I believe it bugged right now, its working for my alts....
  • Options
    snicketysnicksnicketysnick Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've also got this bug, as above unslotting and re-slotting traits does occasionally fix the problem, but then it reoccurs on map transition.

Bug also seems to affect the crafting trait "beam barrage" so it might be related to the actual trait proc mechanics? (ie the hook that connects traits to power use is flaky?)

First happened to me after the crafting revamp went live, but I noticed it for certain about 2 weeks ago.

Other traits like the reputation ones and procs from captain specializations are working correctly, so it seems to be confined to the personal traits tray.

Ships tested : Assault Cruiser Refit, Guardian, Armitage, Support cruiser retrofit.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    I believe it bugged right now, its working for my alts....

Can I get the name@handle for the affected character?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Innk@Snicketysnick is mine

There might be a bug ticket from me in the system as well, but its not showing on my end so I don't know if it actually filed.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Okay I wasn't aware that it was the map transfer that triggered the bug. So I went back and changed maps on my alt engineers. It is indeed only one character, my main :(

Dura'neh@Gypsy_Blade
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    opo98 wrote: »

Other than that it never game me +10 power in the relevant system (probably because of when I really started playing), I have had 0 issues with it whatsoever, except when it doesn't proc because I have my ground traits slotted (in which case it's clearly a user error).
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Other than that it never game me +10 power in the relevant system (probably because of when I really started playing), I have had 0 issues with it whatsoever, except when it doesn't proc because I have my ground traits slotted (in which case it's clearly a user error).

I don't believe it was intended to give +10 to the power in use, but to the other 3. When I use it with EPtS, I get a +10 bonus in everything else except shields. Same with EPtW, +10 in everything except weapons. I personally believe the extra +10 to the same is too much...

that being said..

Dura'neh@Gypsy_Blade trait still not functioning after today's patch.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Appears to be working on my character after the last patch. I had to reset my skillpoints (as many others had to I believe) which also reset my personal traits, but everything seems to be working after that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Still broken on my main Dura'neh@Gypsy_Blade I have no respecs to burn to "test" this workaround
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Still broken after patch on 10/23/2014

http://tinyurl.com/EPSTrait

Photo in tweet.

This is my main character and I will continue pressing this issue in all media until it is resolved.

Character affected: Dura'neh@Gypsy_Blade
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No mention of a fix for this in the patch notes, no Dev attention other than "Give us the character name." I'd like a follow up please, this is a very annoying bug. I will echo this in the tribble patch notes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Still broken, not listed in 27th patch notes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Still broken, 10/30/2014 Patch

CrypticFrost, you ask for my character name and then nothing for two weeks. I've submitted tickets, I've tweeted, I've kept this thread going. I'm an LTS member and most recently purchased the Operations Pack. I've gone through the proper channels, this bug is affecting my main character. Remaining tactful during this is frustrating.

New Ticket

Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,852,557.

After reloading the game a few times, it seems to be working, will update if it stops.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    To date, attempts to repro this issue have failed.

I'll keep trying as time allows, but until I can get this to reproduce there's nothing that can be done. I'm sorry.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am having the same issue. Selwyn@saeyn. Bajoran Male Engineer.

Thanks

Edit: I lied. I logged off to write this post. Logged back in and it was working. Odd, but I'll take it.

Edit #2: And after an area transition it came right back. Is not working. Please help, something is going on.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Can I have a bump?
    Yes, yes I think I can.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bumping on a Sunday is rather futile. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Haha, that's a good point. I'll come back Monday.

It's still happening, by the way.

I think I may be on to something: it might be related to my Dilithium Mine Elite Fleet Reinforced [AMP] [EPS] [ECap] [W->S] Warp Core (just to be very specific).

Last time EPS Manifold Efficiency worked, I had lost my Synergy Amp buff, despite the warp core being equipped. I confirmed when I switched to a Non-AMP warp core, my weapon damage remained unchanged. Without the Synergy Amp buff (I assume this was another bug, since the warp core was equipped) the trait worked fine.

I logged off and back on to find my Synergy Amp buff working correctly with the Elite Fleet Warp Core equipped. I activated EPtAux and I got no EPS Manifold Efficiency bonus.

I swapped in a white warp core that I had in my inventory, used EPtAux and I got a EPS Manifold Efficiency power bonus and buff icon.

I tried it with EPtW and EPtS and got the same results. With Synergy Amp, no EPS Manifold Efficiency. Without Synergy Amp, the trait works as advertized.

I hope we can figure this out, my build is based on having ridiculous power levels at all times. I am constantly rotating EPtW, EPtAux sometimes EPtS. Combining my Leech console bonus with EPS Manifold Efficiency, I always have all power levels +75 to get maximum Synergy AMP damage bonus.

Crypticfrost, I hope that helps. I have submitted an in-game bug report, but the ticket number doesn't appear in my "View My Tickets" queue, so I can't tell you what the number is.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This is a bump. Please see above post for details.

Last night I was playing and, with my fleet warp core equipped, the Synergy Amp buff bugged out and disappeared on its own. As soon as the buff disappeared, EPS Manifold Efficiency began working again.

I logged out and logged back in and Synergy Amp was back. On cue, EPS Manifold Efficiency stopped working.

I am at work now, but when I get home I will continue my investigation. I will drop all items from my ship EXCEPT my Warp Core and test if there is some other item that is interfering with the two powers. However, for Selwyn@saeyn anyhow, it appears that Synergy Amp from Elite Fleet Warp Cores is incompatible with the EPS Manifold Efficiency trait.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Update! (Ever feel like you're having a conversation with yourself?)

So I logged in today intent on further testing if the Synergy Amp on my warp core is causing the problem alone, or in combination with another item I have... but the Synergy Amp buff and Engines Capacitor power are missing. I logged off then back on twice, changed maps, unequipped and reequipped the warp core and it still didn't come back. Yay!

In good news, that means EPS Manifold Efficiency is working again! Tested it in DS9 for about 5 minutes and it works like a charm on all 3 of my EPtX Powers and both my equipped batteries.

In bad news, I now have a hobbled 65K Fleet Credit Elite Warp Core that is missing its capacitor and its Synergy Amp buff.

I filed another bug report, this one about the Warp Core itself: #2,883,839. It also has yet to show up in my "View My Tickets" queue, but maybe that's just how it works until a dev has reviewed my ticket?

There is clearly something wrong. I'd love it if Crypticfrost or some other kind developer could give me a hand please.
    Thank you
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    OK so here I am again, yelling at a wall because nobody seems to want to listen, but I have another update.

The EPS Manifold Efficiency issue seems to have gone away. When I log in, I have my Elite Reinforced AMP Warp Core equipped and I receive the EPS Manifold Efficiency buff when activating an EPtX power.

However, as SOON as I transition to a combat map (jump to an STF or play some other combat mission), I lose the Synergy Amp and Engine Capacitor power from my warp core.

I have swapped one problem for another. I definitely have a bugged warp core.

Can someone from Cryptic please acknowledge? I am not making this up. Ticket number 2,883,839, Selwyn@saeyn, Bajoran Male Engineer. I can provide screenshots if necessary.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    FYI this went away for a couple of weeks, but just came back. I'm unsure of any kind of cause, but I just picked up the Maneuvering Thusters specialization. However it worked for several days after picking up the trait...

It just started happening again Saturday 6 December.

Unrelated to the warp core this time. I swapped out a White Mk XI warp core and EPS Manifold Efficiency did not trigger on a battery or EPtX.

Thanks.

Edit --Props to Frost and the rest of the support team for including this in the "Known Bugs" thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Update --

It went away for a few days but now it's back. What the hell is going on?