test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Buy Zen Ingame Anymore, Just A Blank Screen! Will Cryptic Ever Fix This?

maximusdecimus88maximusdecimus88 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
edited November 2014 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I made a similar thread but it was removed before, maybe because it was in the wrong section but I hope they don't remove this.

http://i.imgur.com/fbPii4g.jpg

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I try to purchase zen in game. Nothing comes up like it did before. I think the problem might be the recent Canadian currency update on stream, most games for sale on steam were converted to reflect the Canadian exchange rate, obviously this only effects Canadian users.

Will Cryptic ever fix this? Is anyone else in Canada or elsewhere experiencing this problem?

(if you are wondering why the screen is so dark, the screen always darkens when you buy zen)
Post edited by maximusdecimus88 on

Comments

• Options
    jerszonjerszon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    having the same issue
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm experiencing a similar issue as well as residing in Canada. I'm not sure this is Cryptic's problem to fix and think it's more likely a result of all the "wonderful" changes Steam has been making.

I was disappointed with the scatter-shot of garbage games they have been adding, am very angry they have pushed shoddy recommendations of same, hate the too much useless information UI and now my STO transactions are probably reading as an offer to pay in scooby snacks.

I have quite of few games on Steam and will continue to play them but if they don't sort out what they have been doing in the last few months I'll be cutting out the middle man for all future transactions as many publishers sell digitally themselves.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. it's affect, not effect.

2. yes, been having problems purchasing, so I go to the wallet, a different link. It seems to work. However that was a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    THe "buy zen" button in the game is link to ARC. So, if you are not running ARC in the background you will see the black screen.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    agathorneagathorne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since when? I used to be able to buy Zen with my Steam Wallet with no problem. Now I can't. This thread implies this bug is not new to DR which I thought it was. I didn't experience this issue a week or two ago.

How can I buy Zen now? Is there some other way?
  • Options
    babarbourbabarbour Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am having the exact same issue. I week ago I purchased zen through the steam wallet and have never had to use Arc. Now it asks if I want to use steam wallet to purchase zen but does not work. This needs to be fixed somehow if steam or sto want my money.
  • Options
    joepoonenjoepoonen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im living in Malaysia and im having the same issue I hope ARC Steam or Cryptic Will fux this cause this is getting anyoying
  • Options
    travisphoenixtravisphoenix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In Canada, cant see the zen steam wallet. All my delta rising zen is in my wallet. I cant get more, and cant upgrade my ships. Please fix this.
  • Options
    tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have the same problem I am Canadian and I have my real money in my steam wallet and I issued a ticket to PWE on Oct 17th. Below is the response I received. I would think a issue involving money would have been fixed by now. I am not spending more money through Arc when I already have perfectly good money in my steam wallet. Feeling annoyed as Delta Rising has been a cut to rewards, XP and an epic grind, now I cannot spend my real money it is like they do not want it :mad:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I really appreciate the purchase that you are trying to make and I really feel how excited you are to maximize the game.

We appreciate your report about this case. Rest assured though that the appropriate teams have been informed regarding your inability to purchase using the Steam overlay and are already working on a fix as fast as possible. Should you wish to purchase Zen while waiting for the fix, you may try purchasing using the Arcgames site as an alternative.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."
  • Options
    kershmeykershmey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Precisely the same problem here.

I can find absolutely no option for getting Zen through any other mechanism than downloading the ARC gameplayer, but that's unacceptable to me, as so much as glancing in the direction of the ARC gameplayer causes the game to forget I've ever patched it, and re-download the ENTIRE 10gigs, which takes hours.

I had to re-download that 10 gig patch 3 separate times, first time with Steam, second time with ARC (the website seemed to insist I use ARC when I signed up, so I tried it, only for it to start the download again) and a third time with Steam again (opening the desktop icon defaulted to steam, and that somehow erased the memory of the ARC download, just like the ARC download erased the memory of the STEAM download)

As infuriating as that process was, I put myself through it and find myself mostly enjoying the game... to the point that I'm willing to give it my money. Apparently it doesn't want my money though, as I can't get buying Zen to work in game, and the only out-of-game option seems to be through ARC. I've uninstalled ARC, and will absolutely not be backtracking that decision. Could y'all devise a way to receive my money through steam?

Sooner rather than later would be a good call. Hassle tends to douse the flame of spontaneous purchasing in the heart of man.
  • Options
    intrepidblackintrepidblack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im just having the problem where it says "You must have at least one character to continue"

Im just like. Wat.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have the same problem I am Canadian and I have my real money in my steam wallet and I issued a ticket to PWE on Oct 17th. Below is the response I received. I would think a issue involving money would have been fixed by now. I am not spending more money through Arc when I already have perfectly good money in my steam wallet. Feeling annoyed as Delta Rising has been a cut to rewards, XP and an epic grind, now I cannot spend my real money it is like they do not want it :mad:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I really appreciate the purchase that you are trying to make and I really feel how excited you are to maximize the game.

We appreciate your report about this case. Rest assured though that the appropriate teams have been informed regarding your inability to purchase using the Steam overlay and are already working on a fix as fast as possible. Should you wish to purchase Zen while waiting for the fix, you may try purchasing using the Arcgames site as an alternative.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Two days later and it still does not work. :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    yar, getting paid is apparently not a high priority compared to coercing the download of ARC
  • Options
    madragemadrage Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    am starting to not want to play this game forcing me to use arc or not able to buy what i want am sorry but that turning me off from this game slowly am a steam user and i will not play a game that not steam compatible anymore am to the point if there planing to force player to use arc they going to kill there profits and player base am sure of it coz most people i know use steam in this game
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    first, it's PWE and not Cryptic. PWE is responsible for account and money management.

If they are not provided or informed about link changes done by Steam, it's not their fault.

There are problems from time to time with the Steam wallet and it ended up to be a Steam problem, not the Game's one.

It was weekend, so either Smirk or Trendy will read this today, or you can send them a message over here or you send a message to Steam so that they provide PWE with the new Link infos to include into the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess it just blows me away that this isn't a higher priority issue. I can't see a single official message/response saying 'yep, steam users can't buy zen right now, we're working on it, sorry/be patient'. You'd think losing access to a portion of their revenue-stream would illicit more of a response. The dudes taking the time to complain in this post alone likely represent hundreds of dollars the game isn't making, and doubtless represent a fraction of the players effected.
  • Options
    raymskuritaraymskurita Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is there still no fix on this bug????
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Newp, buying zen is still down for steam users, and its too late for them to get my monies. What I'd been saving in my steam-wallet for this game I decided to spend last night on something new when I realized they'd patched the game without fixing/acknowledging this issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It has been almost three weeks since I have had this issue. I will not be spending another dime until this issue is fixed and have reduced my game play. I really do not see how this has not been addressed some people cannot spend money. And to note I will not use Arc software as I have perfectly good money in my steam wallet.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am having the same issue as you.

I have contacted Steam and STO and both said there looking into this problem and no fix at all yet.

Here is a screenshot just to let you know that its happening to others and like me http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/Eric_Rouleau/Steamwallet_zps13c29979.png

Please FIX this ASAP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the screenshot!

That is most helpful.

I will see if I can get some headway on this issue, or at least provide some fresh news.

Thanks for your patience!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A fix is in the works. We have identified the issue a few days ago and just working on getting the fix applied.
  • Options
    matok1971matok1971 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello All.

I want to chime in with my 'two-cents worth" on this. I went to Lifetime membership on 16 Oct after paying for regular Monthly Gold membership for 15 months. I had the same problem for about a week. I even sent in a ticket to Customer Support and I have to say I STUMPED them. However, after about 10 days, the problem fixed itself. I really think that main problem is that Cryptic and PWE have a hold time on the Dilithium Exchange to make sure that your accounts are SAFE and SECURE.

THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!!!!!

I may make a lot of people mad at me for my next comment, but I do not care what anyone but the Moderators, the Devs, and myself think about my comments.

QUIT YOUR FRIGGING COMPLAINING, MOANING, AND GROANING OVER SOMETHING THAT MEANT TO BE A BENEFIT TO US THE PLAYERS, AND PLAY YOUR GAME SMARTER. GET OVER IT AND LET THE DEVS DO THEIR JOBS WITHOUT GRIPING OVER ALL THE LITTLE THINGS!!!!!!!!!

oOK, that said, "Thank you Cryptic and PWE for all of your hard work. Keep it up!" <3
    Membership Details

Free to play - March 2013
    Monthly Subscription - July 2013
    Lifetime Member - Oct 2014
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You're only saying that because your problem was resolved. If it was still a chronic ongoing issue for you then you'd be singing a different tune.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Think you kindof missed the point there Matok... your generic 'stiff upper-lip' message doesn't really make any sense in this context. For one, how is a broken Zen store a 'benefit' to anyone? It's an annoyance for the players, and certainly doesn't help the game's bottom line at all. Second, how does 'playing the game better' have any influence on the broken zen store? Skill at/command of the game really has nothing to do with it, one way or the other. Third, in a game whose revenue depends largely on people purchasing zen, a large percentage of your player-base being unable to purchase zen should hardly be a 'little thing' where the devs are concerned. They, too, enjoy paycheques.

In summation, this bug had -nothing to do- with the dilithium exchange, or anything else you're on about. We get it, you're a raging fanboy of this game. But if you're going to bash on people making complaints, at least have a basic grasp on what that complaint is.

Oh, and as a side note,
    this bug is now FIXED.
    At least it is on my end, now that the urge to buy Zen has been completely purged from my system. Poor timing, but at least they got it done!