test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space background is shaking

apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
What the topic says, Been playing on a new FED and most space maps has the background shaking.
Not the stars themselves but nebula backgrounds and space dust and so forth.

I have Geforce GTX 670
21ajpqt.png
Post edited by apulse on

Comments

• Options
    fanrisulfirfanrisulfir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had this happen too, mostly on the "Hide and seek" missions, where I also notice slowdown that gets slightly better if I turn down my graphics settings.

Card is Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, I have this too.

I have a Radeon HD5700 and the drivers are updated. I played around with the dx and graphic settings too but nothing.

I have noticed this in Hide and seek, cure space and in some delta quadrant missions. It only seems to be when the ship is moving. if its stationary then its fine.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I have this occurring too... Don't Laugh at my Stats...

Dual Booted Mac Book Pro running Windows 7,
    (I have not tested if it occurs on the Mac Side)

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    DirectX 11

DX Diag File... https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5ty3cd7bb9tabc/DxDiag.txt?dl=0
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    This likely isn't your graphics card. It's something on the map that we will fix. Let us know if you see any other twitchy skies.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    This likely isn't your graphics card. It's something on the map that we will fix. Let us know if you see any other twitchy skies.

Ocampan Freighter had this issue.

It Occurs in either Hide and Seek or Stop the Signal, but I can't remember which off the top of my Head.

EDIT: Its the First Map of Hide and Seek, "Lacky System"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014

I had it happen in a lot of DQ maps and it's a pain.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I had it happen in a lot of DQ maps and it's a pain.

I find that setting resolution scale to 0.5 kills the horrendous lag, though.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Same on multiple maps throughout the game.

Not GPU related I'm sure, this only occurred after DR was released.

Quite - I can run decent graphics (not the super-quality stuff that seems to be the standard in the 'EPIC Screenshot Thread', but a far cry from the bare minimum) on most maps, but:

1. Some of the Dyson maps require some graphical scaling down, particularly the ground battlezone. I can live with that, I guess - besides, most of the maps are pretty simple in their scaling requirements - a switch here, a notch there...

2. At least 50% of DR space maps, however, does not respond to anything that isn't the fix I posted above. I can go way below my usual minimum graphics and receive no observable change in FPS, but dropping the resolution scale will make it run as smoothly as the tutorials.

For reference, most of the maps I've observed doing this are patrols. The Turei and Talaxian (planet less than asteroid, though) systems, as far as I can remember, are all stable. Argala is stable. Hugh's system (sorry, I don't remember most of the systems by name, only the content) is stable. Vaadwaur Prime (and all Vaadwaur bases, if memory serves) is stable. Well, a bit on the laggy side once you go to the surface, but this is probably another instance of the less-fixable issue 1.

The Ocampa freighter was the first instance I came across, and the number grows considerably the deeper I go into the Delta Quadrant. Sadly, I don't remember any details at this point other than the fact that one of the affected systems is the nebula the APUs fight in.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Having this happen on my end as well. It appears to be a camera glitch as opposed to anything specific to the map, because the shaking occurs regardless of player ship movement if the camera is set to "follow target" and it locks onto the rear of the player ship. It's also not tied to antialiasing, so it's not a TXAA-specific bug as I initially thought it might be.

I've uploaded a quick and dirty vid of what it looks like:
    http://youtu.be/UPlrmk21ZsA
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Ocampan Freighter had this issue.

It Occurs in either Hide and Seek or Stop the Signal, but I can't remember which off the top of my Head.

EDIT: Its the First Map of Hide and Seek, "Lacky System"

Same here, though not same mission(s). Just started dabbling in DR missions recently and hadn't had any graphics issues until I hit the Ocampan Freighter portion ("Homeward Bound: Energy Crisis") of "Friends in Unlikely Places". I saved it for last (basically 'cause I couldn't find the damned thing) and did not have issues with any of the other space missions whether part of that overall mission or prior to.

The smoothness of the gameplay suddenly got VERY jerky as the skybox got really jam-packed full of stars when I warped in. And it seemed the whiter stars on the skybox seemed to be shaking while the rest stayed put, best description I can give. Ships and all other elements worked fine, but responsiveness sucked and movement was jerky. All's well once I left.

Reducing my Render Detail and Graphics Quality sliders did not help at all.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ovrkyl, set your Resolution Scale (under Display, I think) to 0.5. That seems to work for some reason, whereas reducing graphics quality to the barest minimum possible doesn't do a thing.

• Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same thing happening to me, i don't know if anyone else having this issue. This only happens when i am playing crystalline catastrophe event
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    valdisarvaldisar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue on Hide and Seek. It's causing a lot of eye strain.
  • Options
    rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same happens in Crystal Cataclysm.
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • Options
    excusatioexcusatio Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same issue. Although I am sure that my hardware isn't the best to play the game, I've never had graphical issues until I've started to play mission in the delta quadrant, and it seems to me that the colorful space backgrounds do slow down enormously game performance. Is there a way to deactivate those backgrounds, and to be able to play those missions with a black/normal space background?

Thanks

My setup:
    Mac OSX 10.10.2
    Macbook pro 9.2
    Intel Core i5 @ 2,50 Ghz
    4 gb RAM
    Video card. Intel HD graphics 4000 1024 mb