test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you guys fix something and not tell us?

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I just played for about four hours with no lag and no drops to desktop - the FIRST time since the release of DR.

Did you guys sneak a fix in or did I miss a post? Either way, if it's fixed, kudos!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They managed to resolve some issues with crashes with October 30th patch:
    General:

• Resolved a number of issues that occasionally would cause a costume change related crash.
    • Resolved a crash that would occasionally occur when pressing Accept after completing a Skill
    • Respec through the Skill Respec trainer contacts.
    • Resolved a graphics related crash that would occur on video cards with Shader Model 2.
    • Resolved a crash that could occur on startup with Direct X9 settings.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your ISP probably got their act together
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I just played for about four hours with no lag and no drops to desktop - the FIRST time since the release of DR.

Did you guys sneak a fix in or did I miss a post? Either way, if it's fixed, kudos!

Not enough people playing for the server to go wibble ?? :P
  • Options
    culmenationculmenation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You are clearly running at 17x the stability of other players.
    This must be an exploit, expect to get your progress revoked.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless you got a 4 hour video as proof that never happened. Without proof you're just another white knight cryptic employee fanboi trying to cover up THE TRUTH with your cryptic luvin propaganda. And don't think you can slip a tampered video past us. The more legit it looks the more it's obvious it's a fake!

Can you please remove your tinfoil hat? the Glare is restricting my vision :D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hardly ever experience lag, like ever. *knock on wood*

Most lag, IMHO, is caused by people's own connection / video card / machine. Likely your own ISP gave you a break or something. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, this is your machine and/or ISP. I haven't had any problems at all.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No lag and not crashing are expectations gamers have. Thank your ISP too :)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless you got a 4 hour video as proof that never happened. Without proof you're just another white knight cryptic employee fanboi trying to cover up THE TRUTH with your cryptic luvin propaganda. And don't think you can slip a tampered video past us. The more legit it looks the more it's obvious it's a fake!

;);):P:rolleyes:

now there is wishful thinking if ever there was such thoughts.

my connection in the morning was dodgy at best but i know that was my end, apart from when something isnt sucking the connection somewhere outside the switch boxes, network and the modem to where its outside of control, can only do so much otherwise the connection has always been grand on sto. its better then it is on swtor for sure.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well, my game is more stable too, BUT i experincing more bugs - hotel california on sf academy is one exapmle, and generaly game is MUCH MORE lagging than before.
    So it is not ideal solution. Since cryptic told that dr was thier most succesfull relase in history, so i hope they got enough money to improve insfrastucture and especialy to hire more stuff - programers to hun bugs , omprove stability and reduce lags.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2014
    The more legit it looks the more it's obvious it's a faaaake!

There. Fixed that for ya.

"And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator ... one criminal ... and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you ... but I call that a bargain."
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The massive rubber banding has slowed down, but I suspect mass exodus more than anything else. There is a noticable INPUT lag, where I execute a command and it ignores it, or it decides to activate 5 seconds after the fact.

What they did add to teh patch on the 30th, WITHOUT telling people, was an attack on anybody that uses Steam. They are pretending it's a "fraud prevention" feature, as outlined here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1286371

What it is? It's an attack on anybody that does NOT want to use their ARC interface. IMO. You can use Steam, but nothing you buy will be usable for anything else. You can buy zen, but it's bound on pickup (I sh** you not) so you cannot exchange it for dil. Anything in the store you use it on gets infected by this "bound on pickup" and cannot be sold or traded in any way, shape, or form. The word they used is "contagious" but it's more like "bullsh**."

So you spend some money, get some zen, buy some keys, unlock a lockbox, get that nice new 100 Million EC ship? You're STUCK with it. You cannot trade it.

Why? Because they are trying to force people to use their crappy ARC client. Literally, they are doing this just for steam users, and pretending there's a long-term pattern where it will eventually stop doing that. Yeah... right.. What it is, is really a ploy. This is something they did in Neverwinter as well. All lockbox keys in NW were ninja account bound with no advance notice.

If this happens to you, you're SOL. Customer service (what little there is) says they can't do anything, that no such tools exist to un-bind anything, and that it's outside of their policies because ... reasons. Blah, blah, blah. If this silent "feature" affects you, you will not notice and will not be able to benefit from that which you paid real world money to attain.

Here's a real example of what is going on, and in it they explicitly say "because you bought zen through Steam"

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1282281&page=3

And see here where the CS were insulting and basically admitted it was because they bought it using Steam wallet:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20481131&postcount=38

P.S. They also made the notification AFTER THE FACT. The patch was on the 30th, and people are reporting it affecting purchase BEFORE that, but the official announcement was yesterday.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heh – if I didn’t experience it firsthand I’d probably agree with you. :D
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I hardly ever experience lag, like ever. *knock on wood*

Most lag, IMHO, is caused by people's own connection / video card / machine. Likely your own ISP gave you a break or something. :)

You’re right – this is the FIRST thing I checked out. Unfortunately, each and every ping test, etc confirmed that it wasn’t on my end…. Something about data packet loss on the other end. Not 100% sure what that is but every non-Cryptic site I go to is perfect.

Although I’ll admit, I DO have to upgrade my vid card. My gaming card friend and I had to swap it with a less than perfect one… all in good time.

On a side note, I tried to log in this morning to see if the pixel compilation error was resolved as well… and encountered an ancient enemy. After the initial ‘Delta Rising’ screen it went BLACK. I could hear the music, my cursor changed, but the game drew the line here! This far, no farther!

One another side note, although this *shouldn’t* have really changed anything in-game, I was looking at the STO link and discovered it was set for WIN XP compatibility. I run WIN 7, so changed it to be compatible with my OS. I didn’t experience a change at first and think this new resolution may either be temporary or just have nothing to do with my changing that setting. Time will tell, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.