test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Cryptic, I want to buy a lifetime subscription...

thisisthedoctorthisisthedoctor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
...but if I do, I would like to change my @handle name in the game. I picked it years ago and am no longer happy with it. Times change and I would like to change with them. So if you are willing to let me change my @name in the game, I would be happy to purchase a lifetime sub. :) I don't want to pay $199 USD and not be able to pick an @handle that suits me in the here and now vs a name I picked way back, years ago.

I put in a ticket to the billing department inquiring about this, but am not sure if they are the best department to put in the ticket with or if it should go through customer service? In the past I've often received impersonal form replies from most tickets, so I am hopeful that I'll get a more personalized, player-friendly, customer-friendly response. :)

Incident# 141101-001563

If a kind and friendly PWE/Cryptic person would consider putting in a good word with customer service and/or the billing team, this is some easy cash the company could make. A simple handle change would make me happy enough to buy a LTS!

Thank you for considering!
Post edited by thisisthedoctor on

Comments

• Options
    stommy1stommy1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Let me guess...@stupid. right???
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stommy1 wrote: »
    Let me guess...@stupid. right???

-10/10 Troll....you shouldn't skip second grade to game...
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    edited November 2014
    And the ticket request was denied. They would apparently rather not make an immediate and easy $200 than change an @handle. Unbelievable and unfortunate. Quite sad, as I would really have liked to support the game with a large dollar purchase like this, but I will not do so if I am not allowed a simple @handle name change after having my old one for years which no longer suits me.
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been told the only way they'll change an @handle is if you can prove it's offensive to someone.
    Offensive enough that they'll report you for it.
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the info. This just goes to show what is wrong with their policies. A customer is willing to drop hundreds of dollars on their game and only asks for a humble name change in order to commit to a large ticket purchase, and they refuse. They apparently do not value making a profit much. Interesting business model.
  • Options
    auto1412auto1412 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What kind of ****** are you:rolleyes:
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lol yes, had this issue as well. Customer Support is pathetic garbage in PWE. Back in Atari days Cryptic Support were changing handles by the request.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PWE, like Cryptic and Atari, will change your handle in specific situations.

Just because you want to change it isn't enough and never has been.

/Closed as bashing the team isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.