test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't sell ZEN on the Dilithium exchange

blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
I can't buy Dilith it says, Due to recent purchase activity your account is temporarily unable to sell zen on the exchange

has anyone seen this before or know what this is about???
Post edited by blitzsth on

Comments

• agrimmarineagrimmarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im getting the same problem. not that it chages anything as i was getting a failed to create offer error anyway
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Typical, I never normally buy Dilithium, but the day I need it is the day it is broken. Hmmm I wonder if my Karma is off.
  • dixierecondixierecon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same problem, due to the patch maybe?
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    are any of you experiencing this, using steam as the go between?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    are any of you doing this, using steam?

If that's the default error message, you'd think they'd have the good sense to change it to something that wouldn't make it sound like you've been TRIBBLE lol
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If that's the default error message, you'd think they'd have the good sense to change it to something that wouldn't make it sound like you've been TRIBBLE lol

No my understanding is that there might be some sort of authentication thing thats been added between PWE and Steam and its bollocking it up, with hope someone (ooohhh smirk) will bump this up the food chain to investigate it.

Also you might need to ask or repost into the cstore section too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    No my understanding is that there might be some sort of authentication thing thats been added between PWE and Steam and its bollocking it up, with hope someone (ooohhh smirk) will bump this up the food chain to investigate it.

Also you might need to ask or repost into the cstore section too.

It is only happening with steam?
    edited October 2014
    Yes well I think I have discovered the problem, normally I buy my ZEN with a creditcard, but this time I used Steam points, but Steam seems to have freaked out and has flagged my accounts as fraudulent and refunded my Steam credit, but strangely they have let me keep the ZEN.

Anyhoo, my steam account is on limited access ATM, and I have contacted Steam support to see why they have flagged it.

Also on a side note, it was not until I restarted steam did it show me the message about Fraud. If any of you guys are having a ZEN issue and have bought ZEN through Steam, you might want to restart steam and see if you have a similar message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoxl8IK7po&list=PLDD5E77A3E7B83AFD&index=5

I think this is what happened over at steam when they saw that I bought ZEN through their system.
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    blitzsth wrote: »
    Yes well I think I have discovered the problem, normally I buy my ZEN with a creditcard, but this time I used Steam points, but Steam seems to have freaked out and has flagged my accounts as fraudulent and refunded my Steam credit, but strangely they have let me keep the ZEN.

Anyhoo, my steam account is on limited access ATM, and I have contacted Steam support to see why they have flagged it.

Also on a side note, it was not until I restarted steam did it show me the message about Fraud. If any of you guys are having a ZEN issue and have bought ZEN through Steam, you might want to restart steam and see if you have a similar message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoxl8IK7po&list=PLDD5E77A3E7B83AFD&index=5

I think this is what happened over at steam when they saw that I bought ZEN through their system.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, but wanted to say I have used Steam through STO on four separate occasions and it all was very seemless and fast, so I would assume this is not a common problem...hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.
  • jtregunnajtregunna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same problem, and haven't used steam at all. I did buy lifetime today though.
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to hear this happened to you, but wanted to say I have used Steam through STO on four separate occasions and it all was very seemless and fast, so I would assume this is not a common problem...hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.

Oh I have no doubt that it is a rare problem, I think either one of Cryptic's or Steam's Authenticating software is out of date and it is flagging authentic payments as fraudulent. I am also believe it is on Cryptic's side as Steam wouldn't be able to lock me out of the Dilithium exchange.

However I am waiting to hear back from Steam first before talking to Cryptic's support, as I am more worried about my Steam account and the 200+ games associated with it :eek:
    jtregunna wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, and haven't used steam at all. I did buy lifetime today though.

LoL, I guess that is part of the new 800 veteran award, lifetimers are banned from the Dilithium exchange. hehehe I joke. Also gratz on Lifetime, I will meet you at the Captain's Table for a drink, on you of course :D
    edited October 2014
    Ok so another update my star trek account has now been banned. Will be contacting support now, I guess anyone else having this issue SHOULD DO SO IMMEDIATELY.

I hope they sort this out soon as I was grinding the mirror universe event
  • kazisakikazisaki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just had this happen to me today, didnt have a problem a couple days ago when i used the option to use my steam wallet to buy my eclipse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xraycallshqxraycallshq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm having the same issue, after using Steam Wallet in order to pay for ZEN. Usually I'm using the "regular way", via Arc HP. I was sending a ticket, yesterday, were I was requesting a fix or a good explanation, why I got banned from the Dilithium-Exchange, for spending money on the game. No response yet, of course.

It would be great if you guys would post it, if you get any answer to our issue.
    edited November 2014
    So I contacted Star trek support and now am even more annoyed. I explained that my account had been banned, that I was very worried about this matter and if I could help to remedy this ASAP I would do what I could.

The response I got, has left me feeling so angry and flabbergasted. I am willing to believe that support representative who replied has some kind of thought process problem.

My first message to support

"Ok so I noticed that I was unable to use the Dilitium exchange.

Due to recent purchase activity your account is temporarily unable to sell zen on the exchange.

As this happened to a few other people (After checking the forum) and it happened after the update 30/10/2014, I thought it was just an error, so didn't think much about it.

Upon further inspection, I also noticed my Steam account was warning me about account fraud, as I had bought ZEN through my Steam account, I again thought maybe this is connected, but in a fairly optimistic way, thought it was an error and I thought I had better contact Steam support first. To find out what this was about before contacting Star treks support, at least I would have some idea what was going on.

However I tired to log into my star trek game account, but it told my my account was banned. So now I am in full panic. I don't know what is going on, but I would like this matter resolved ASAP, so if you could contact me quickly to see if we could fix this error."

This is a direct quote from their reply.

"Due to your recent Zen purchase from Steam, your account has been placed on a temporary probation period, and you will be unable to use the Dilithium exchange, or purchase unbound Zen Market items until the probation ends. We apologize for the inconvenience, but Customer Service cannot remove or alter the duration of this probation.

Thank you for your understanding. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know."

In fact that was their entire reply.

I feel like the support person didn't even read my message fully and just replied to the first line in my message.

So I know some of you might be thinking LoL another user over reacting, but let me explain.

Not only has this put my star trek account in jeopardy it has also ruined my steam account good standing. This is the current state of my Steam account Purchasing, gifting, trading, buying and selling items on the Community Market, and cd-key activation have been disabled.

So yeah I am annoyed and I think most people in this situation would be.

Also why does purchasing ZEN through Steam automatically put your account under a temporary probation period, I mean it's not like Steam is some kind of unofficial untrusted 3rd party. They sell DLC through Steam, they advertise their game through steam.

Anyway I am waiting for a responce again to my second reply to support lets hope they read this fully this time.
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like Cryptic flagged your account because Steam warned them of a possible fraudulent transaction.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Steam got the impression from the financial institution you use. I.E. the bank/cc company flagged the transaction until they can verify its authenticity.

Well I understand the flagging issue and was not bothered by that, as I don't use illegal or fraudulent means to pay for my goods, but they then banned my account without letting me know why, no Email warning, no message to my account in-game or on my login account.

In fact I still have no idea why, only speculation on why.

"Due to your recent Zen purchase from Steam, your account has been placed on a temporary probation period"

This is not a reasonable or very well explained reason. They could let me know what was wrong with the transaction, why it is being investigated and how long this will likely to take.

Nope they went from flagged to banned, without letting me know or giving me time to find out or explain why.

Plus when I asked them about my ban, they didn't even acknowledge it. They gave me a generic response only partly to do with my issue.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    See I got this same restriction too, and my responses with CS confirmed it was simply because I used Steam Wallet. Not due to suspicious activity. Not due to potential fraudulent purchases
    this is due to your recent Zen purchase from Steam

That's it. And while I was able to get this block removed, (at the moment anyway I'm not going to buy more Zen just yet to test it) it's clear it was a punishment for not using PWE's billing portal. Because why else do it? I mean my account's been around since 2010, i'm a 1000 day vet through monthly subscriptions, and my recent purchases have all been Key's R&D packs, and the Phantom. Nothing suspicious at all.

It's simply a strong arm tactic that they'll throw some veil of security over to try and get people to use PWE's billing portal over Steam Wallet.

As for the banning, I don't know, I do hope you can get that straightened out.
    2qTOAB3.gif
    edited November 2014
    See I got this same restriction too, and my responses with CS confirmed it was simply because I used Steam Wallet. Not due to suspicious activity. Not due to potential fraudulent purchases
    this is due to your recent Zen purchase from Steam

That's it. And while I was able to get this block removed, (at the moment anyway I'm not going to buy more Zen just yet to test it) it's clear it was a punishment for not using PWE's billing portal. Because why else do it? I mean my account's been around since 2010, i'm a 1000 day vet through monthly subscriptions, and my recent purchases have all been Key's R&D packs, and the Phantom. Nothing suspicious at all.

It's simply a strong arm tactic that they'll throw some veil of security over to try and get people to use PWE's billing portal over Steam Wallet.

As for the banning, I don't know, I do hope you can get that straightened out.

I hope they lift this rediculas ban soon as well, I just hope they lift it before the point of no return on the mirror event, I would like the special item yoou get, but I am more interested in the other rewards, but if I can't get them, because of this stupid issue. I will be demanding compensation off PWE.
  • misyyenmisyyen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i am having the same message and had the same responce from support about this , was using steam as well never had a problem in the past spent about £500 so far and the last 2 transactions for zen have said that if i buy anything from the c-store it will be account bound and also put on this "Due to your recent Zen purchase from Steam, your account has been placed on a temporary probation period"

so whats going on cryptic ur software is screwed again ,

and i dont use CC or anything but cash paid steam wallet codes. ie: going to game store paying cash, yes cash for wallet code then putting code in staem account then usiing steam wallet to pay for zen ,mmmmm deffo something is wrong here

ign missyyen
  • briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've now come across the same issue, with trying to convert ZEN into Dilithium.
    I'm using Zen brought via the STEAM Wallet which I'm paying for using Paypal, yet STO's flagged it as "Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the exchange".

What I'm wondering is, as this seems to be happening with a lot of people. whether it's due to one of these reasons:
    A: Cryptic/STEAM haven't yet sorted out their payment system whereby once you pay with STEAM wallet for things you get items ingame, which is a problem that happens everytime STO is updated...
    B: It's a problem at Cryptic's end...
    edited November 2014
    This is a ******n mess, well as a lifetimer I get Priority customer support, yeah right. I think it has been over 24 hrs since my last response from them. Normally they respond within 3-4 hours, but not on this inquiry.

Thank you PWE, Cryptic.
  • neokineoki Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also having same issue, contacted support 3 days ago and got the same run around story about using my Steam wallet. Just recently bought the delta expac AND lifetime sub from the sale, feels like a giant slap in the face, pretty ticked off.
  • shineshadowshineshadow Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same deal here, steam wallet, etc.

Master Keys purchased with zen right now are account-bound, and so is anything that comes out of a lockbox opened with them. Whatever bizarre billing issue is causing these transactions to be flagged, I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    edited November 2014
    Sorry to hear it is happening to you guys as well, but can I ask how many of you have an account ban?

I have still had no reply from customer support and I know they have been active this weekend. A friend of mine sent in a meaningless Support ticket and he got a response within 3 hours. Plus the support opening hours are 10:00AM pst - 7:00PM pst (Monday - Sunday)

So they are A, ignoring my ticket
    or B, ignoring my ticket

Also my friend sent in the Ticket about 6 hours after my last reply, so in theory my Ticket should have been answered before his.

I could understand if the people who work at the weekend at support couldn't fix my problem or they don't have the authority to unban my account, but they could at least let me know, they could let me know that they are investigating it. They could let me know anything. The lack of communication on their part, is an unprofessional and very badly organized way of doing things.

I have had nothing but a bad feeling all weekend and have become pretty stressed out over this whole matter. An account that was opened in early 2012. Which has had a lot of money, time and effort put into it, as well as making it a lifetime account. So yeah, you can imagine I am feeling pretty sick.
  • shineshadowshineshadow Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I woke up today to find that my account is no longer in this condition. Whatever's going on, it was lifted in my case.

Hope it works out well for the rest of you.
    edited November 2014
    I woke up today to find that my account is no longer in this condition. Whatever's going on, it was lifted in my case.

Hope it works out well for the rest of you.

Every time I read a response like yours I get a little relaxed and excited and try and log in. Nope still banned :(
  • terrilllterrilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jtregunna wrote: »

Exactly the same problem.. don't even have steam installed on my Mac, always directly buy through STO. I purchased lifetime membership on Friday, but I've had the issue 'due to recent purchase history, unable to sell zen on the exchange' error since Thursday... 3 support tickets and I still haven't been responded to.

Must have spent near to £500 on STO over the past 3 months, this is infuriating... :mad:
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I bought through steam and got the same error. Wait 5 to 10 minutes and it will clear itself up
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • terrilllterrilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I bought through steam and got the same error. Wait 5 to 10 minutes and it will clear itself up

5-10mins hasn't cut it for most of us... the error has been with me since Thursday.
    edited November 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »

You are lucky then, but for most this has gone on all weekend since Thursday and it banned my account on Friday. To which I still haven't had a reason why.

I mean I am open to the fact that the ban has nothing to do with this ZEN thing, but I haven't done anything that would warrant a ban. I have played the game normally, played a few queued events, put a few things up on the exchange, completed a few DOFFs missions and reputation missions.

I am leaning towards this ZEN thing, because of the message I got on Steam and the message I got in game, but I really don't know as Steam or PWE/Cryptic has yet to give me a reason!