test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cutting the cord bug

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In the episode Cutting the Cord, at the top of the stairs there is a group of romulans and you need to get an access chip from one of them. When you reach the top of the stairs there is an option to Call Support but no ally NPCs beam in to help. A few seconds after activating the Call Support, the NPCs suddenly aggroed and came after me as if the ally NPCs had beamed in. This made it a bit difficult to defeat this group alone since they can quickly take your health down. I had to keep going down the stairs to block their line of sight until I healed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That particular group of support NPCs beam down right in the center of the Tal Shiar fire team, guaranteeing them flanking damage from all directions.

Your whole team gets cut down in literally seconds.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That particular group of support NPCs beam down right in the center of the Tal Shiar fire team, guaranteeing them flanking damage from all directions.

Your whole team gets cut down in literally seconds.

I was at the top of the stairs and staring right at the group of romulans when I clicked the button to call support. Nothing beamed in at all. The romulans stood there for a few seconds doing nothing then suddenly they noticed me, and I didn't even move before that. The romulan group didn't attack anything. They just suddenly came after me.

I just stood still the whole time because I remembered it being bugged at least during the last time they reran the featured series event and the same thing happened back then (except back then I didn't know it was bugged and ran head first into the romulans only to get killed because the NPC allies didn't spawn).
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm.

I think they don't beam in once you pass a certain point. Try it from further back down the stairs next time. Moving forward too fast tends to bug the Call Support button on the other fights.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm.

I think they don't beam in once you pass a certain point. Try it from further back down the stairs next time. Moving forward too fast tends to bug the Call Support button on the other fights.

You can only call for support at the top of the stairs for that part.

I forgot to mention when I did it, I was on my KDF orion character when that call support there didn't work. Also when on my orion in the same run of the episode, I was able to call for support twice while fighting Hakeev. Once in the beginning and a second time after the first cutscene. So maybe that's where my support NPCs went lol.

I did it the next day on my KDF allied romulan and the NPC allies did spawn to help out for the part where you have to get an access code from 1 of the romulans laying on the ground after you defeat the group. While fighting Hakeev on this character I was only able to call for support once, which I think is how it is suppose to work.

Could be a bug that just randomly happens.
  • sumilidonnissumilidonnis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Add to this that Hakeem cannot be killed. I have done that mission 5 times now and every time, I kill him, he freezes and nothing.

Added to the other mission bugs - this is very disappointing considering the amount of time this game has been out.

I was considering going suscription, but the sheer volume of bugs makes me thankful it was free to play and glad that I haven;t lost anything by never returning to the ga,e