test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

got my points back

lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
I just want to say thank you. I complained in the exploit thread, because I lost 3 specialization points while I had made less than 10 levels in tau dewa. I was a bit angry, but not enough to contact support about this. Still I got my 3 points back half an hour ago.

So either they reworked their script or somebody has looked into each complain of that old (now closed) thread. Whatever they did, I am really thankful. Not just because I got my points back, but because I feel they care for what we write.
Post edited by lebtron on

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting...did this occur while you were playing or you just logged in the first time after the patch?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to protest being wrongfully accused and punished for the exploit situation. My ticket/report got forwarded to developer dep according to the GM. So I'm waiting now.

Edit; I just checked, I got mine back as well. Thank you Cryptic team for admitting errors were made, and thank you support department for listening and forwarding information.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad to hear that. :D

I hope this serves as an example amidst all the negativity that accompanies every launch of a new season or expansion around here that things are not as bad or malicious as people tend to make them sound.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was just staying around, doing some crafting. Got the promotion sound and voila, 3 points to spend. And I am sure, I did not have points left.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    I just want to say thank you. I complained in the exploit thread, because I lost 3 specialization points while I had made less than 10 levels in tau dewa. I was a bit angry, but not enough to contact support about this. Still I got my 3 points back half an hour ago.

So either they reworked their script or somebody has looked into each complain of that old (now closed) thread. Whatever they did, I am really thankful. Not just because I got my points back, but because I feel they care for what we write.

What wonderful news! Congratulations!
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From what my friends are telling me this is happening all across the game at the mo right now.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also discovered I had my points returned to me.

...Or I just neglected to spend them. :P
  • Options
    tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congrats for everyone getting their points back. Hopefully cryptic also listens to us in regards to the queues.
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got 3 of 6 Points back. This drastically reduces my hate, so its still not perfect, but they showed now they care about what we say... so theres still hope for cryptic. I will not forget this, but I can forgive now and we can start having peace.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    pennylong wrote: »
    From what my friends are telling me this is happening all across the game at the mo right now.

Well, I haven't been hit by the rollback as my main was only level 55 when it hit, but I'm very very happy for all the people that were unjustifiably rolled back and for the game overall.

This is indeed some great news. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will the EP make a post apologizing?

The last one was pretty self-righteous and offensive
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ive got my points back. Good to see that at least they relize how wrong they were by taking them out.

I hope they open their eyes and also realize that we dont want to grind like crazy and increse the XP ratio, beacose with out it, DR is still really bad.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow, this honestly surprises me a lot. Not just that an MMO company is actually correcting a wrong but that they took the time to refund players.

I didn't think Cryptic had it in them.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I went through support about my points. Haven't got a reply yet but got 6 out of 9 points back.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After reading this thread, I checked my main and also got my points back. I guess thank you cryptic for actually taking the time revisiting this.
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic,

Thank you, you did the right thing. It took you long enough but thank you for being the bigger man, woman, company, whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great news. I haven't been affected by that whole incident, but it's sure nice to hear that things are being corrected. Should bring some calm, happy for you guys and girls (both players and PWE, for doing the right thing).
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We've still got a long way to go to make things right--a sustained pattern of better two-way communication, and better QA and business decisions. One act will not be enough to change my mind on bowing out of the Zen economy but I am willing to watch and see how things go.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that. :D

I hope this serves as an example amidst all the negativity that accompanies every launch of a new season or expansion around here that things are not as bad or malicious as people tend to make them sound.

If negativity didn't work, then we would still be stuck with 2 day reputation projects and 1 day reputation equipment projects instead of it being changed a couple of weeks after Season 7 went live.

This is standard operating procedure for STO. New expansion or season causes a lot of people to rage over some change and Cryptic changes it to be more tolerable in a few weeks.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WAIT! If we took the definition of exploit by cryptic ("this is too good to be something the dev team intended to happen") then this is too good to be something the dev team intended to happen.. so, are we exploiting again? LOL

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol

This sums it up for me at the mo. :D

The Spec Points Return
  • Options
    oldlordskull73oldlordskull73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just got back 5 of the 8 they took.

Never went to Tau Dewa, but they must have felt that I leveled too fast on Kobali Prime and in STFs.

Regardless, 5 is better than NONE. I'll take it and be satisfied. I had just worked to get those 8 levels back plus 1 more....getting these additional 5 to stack on top of it was good to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WAIT! If we took the definition of exploit by cryptic ("this is too good to be something the dev team intended to happen") then this is too good to be something the dev team intended to happen.. so, are we exploiting again? LOL

The Exploit was not running Elite on teams. The Exploit was running Elite on teams while having the levels adjusted to getter a higher XP return.. So even though Elite was giving out 2.5 times more than it should, players should have not been punished for that and Cryptic is finally rectifying that mistake.
  • Options
    clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Glad to see this is happening.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I got all my points back on my main (technically, i re-ground 17 points myself, got 33 back for a total of 50).

back to max spec on my main, now just have to check my alt :D

Thanks to whomever at cryptic reviewed my CS ticket.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad to hear there's been some good news for once, been long enough. I wasn't affected by this thankfully but I'm pleased for all the people who got them back even if only partially (regardless of whether we usually get along or not).
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oh nice my points r back too

ok we can return to normal mode

right choice took u long enoughf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes the system does work. People just need to let it work. Grats to anyone that got their points back.

Games are seriously complicated people just need to remain calm really they are not out to get anyone its counter productive to do so. They just wanted to make the game fair. Those who truly did cheat get punished and those who didnt just needed to wait and give them examples so they could fix it.

They just added a huge chunk of new game and territory and did a bunch of revamps and changes.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    If negativity didn't work, then we would still be stuck with 2 day reputation projects and 1 day reputation equipment projects instead of it being changed a couple of weeks after Season 7 went live.

This is standard operating procedure for STO. New expansion or season causes a lot of people to rage over some change and Cryptic changes it to be more tolerable in a few weeks.

Oh, I'm fully aware of how things go around here. What I was talking about was not negative feedback and justified complaints by the playerbase which are relevant and have to be considered, but the general rage, hate and 'this game sucks ballz' statements we have at every single launch of anything.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice to see some intelligent damage control for a change.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.