test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

18 Months later, still not finished Mol'Rihan

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Well after a year and a half, New Romulus still looks the same, same buildings, staging area, unaccessible Reman area/lower levels, cataloging the same animals, killing the occasional hirogen/tholian/Tal shiar, etc etc etc.....

Is there any news on any further development of New Romulus, or has everything gone silent?
Post edited by ironmako on

Comments

• Options
    caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, you could see as as some sort of turn to the better that at least the distress-calls on the planet had vanished (which mean, Tholians, Hirogen and NASTY insects are no longer striking in great numbers). But beside that, well, no, I do not have heard anything.

Some of us surely put the blame on the lame and foolish nature of the Republican Leadership or the fact that the Republic seems much more interested in getting involved in any stupid war far abroad (more than clearing the mess at the own door and using their ressources in that way) :D

But while I in-game fully support ans share this point of view, I guess the sad truth is, that the "movers and shakers" of the game see other things as more important (like Delta Rising, the Sphere, Risa ;) ).
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The state of ch'Mol'Rihan is static due to the temporal disconnect among players. For those who have made it to 2410, things should be different, but in order to maintain a single environment for all players who are eligible to go to the Staging Area, things cannot change without adding a separate zone.

However, this does not excuse the lack of access to the interior of the Capitol City (including the Reman area of the Capitol), in which should be (at least) an Academy, a Club, and a Senate building (there is no need for players to have access to the interior of such a structure, the Deihu'Rhe or "Senate Chambers," at this time, but putting a structure in the Capitol which is clearly labelled as "Deihu'Khri" or "Senate Building" is an important step in the right direction). It also does not excuse the lingering Tal'Shiar costumes on some Republic personnel. These things could be fixed without causing inconsistency for players of differing levels.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of course its finished.

Haven't you realized that so many fleets asked for embassy's that the city is just embassy after embassy building. :D

but seriously i would like to see the finished New Romulus but i do think it should be given to romulans only and then they could remove access to ESd and qunos for rommies.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, as long as Emperor D'Tan has his Gleaming White Palace and the remnants of the Romulan and Reman peoples live in shacks (unlikely) or tents (if even that), all is good in the Republic :cool:

But hey! As long as Emperor D'Tan has fine, secure, sturdy warehouses to store all his loot, it's all good too.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ironmako wrote: »
    Well after a year and a half, New Romulus still looks the same, same buildings, staging area, unaccessible Reman area/lower levels, cataloging the same animals, killing the occasional hirogen/tholian/Tal shiar, etc etc etc.....

Is there any news on any further development of New Romulus, or has everything gone silent?

They always promised access to the Reman section of the city and they never delivered on it.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014

what did you really expect? Cryptic always rushes off to the next big bad thing... they dont wrap up anything or even really build upon existing content to continue it.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Taco and I have discussed this.

Maybe for next years Romulan Aniv?

I feel like Mol'Rihan needs a hot springs for relaxation...
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My Japanese bridge crew would greatly appreciate this. Mol'Rihan Onsen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Don't ask us, we are asking you. :D

So, what came of that discussion with Taco?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be awesome to have New Romulus expanded, an Academy for Romulan Characters would be cool... also to justify adding more content to New Romulus you could expand the Romulan Reputation and add a version of Borg Neural Processors for their Rep (Call them, Encrypted Data Rods, or something similar) that can only be earned doing content in the new areas (Maybe a queue or open area that Tholians are trying to invade, or Elachi even)... maybe add a ground set to the rep store or maybe some Romulan themed outfits :)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I, for one, would love to see the Reman area. I actually dreamed once of what it would look like and at least in the dream, it was really awesome. Could be a very atmospheric map.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yea.. is fun like adding stuff like that have more priority that adding new PVP maps or hell, even fixing some of the PVP maps that needs fixing (especialy on ground).

Nothing new for PVP in 4 years, but yea.. New Romulus needs a relaxation spot.

You ppl just hate PVP or is that dont care?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm more concerned about the inflexibility of romulan officer training programs and their inability to learn skills appropriate to their new postings.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you could just put a security officer to turn in contraband in new rom command i would be happy with that.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you could just put a security officer to turn in contraband in new rom command i would be happy with that.

That one thing would make New Romulus Command so much more used...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yea.. is fun like adding stuff like that have more priority that adding new PVP maps or hell, even fixing some of the PVP maps that needs fixing (especialy on ground).

Nothing new for PVP in 4 years, but yea.. New Romulus needs a relaxation spot.

You ppl just hate PVP or is that dont care?

PvP needs a lot more than environment artists to not suck. I doubt putting somebody on fleshing out New Romulus would mean much, if anything, to any PvP fixes or additions.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If you wanna go big, here's what I'll throw out there:

Scrap New Romulus Command and give Romulans a city ala First City on Qo'noS, perhaps about 3/4 the size of that. Give it some faux vertical tiering. On top, two districts, and "beneath", the Reman Quarter.
    • Upper District 1 would be military.
      • You would find all BOff and DOff functions here, as well as quest functions like Kererek and maybe even D'tan.
      • There would be a turbolift thay would link to the existing shuttlebay (bonus points if you scrap the shuttlebay too and make a real Romulan shipyard, but I'm trying not to lump too much onto this)
    • Upper District 2 would be civilian in design and have more flavor stuff
      • A Romulan bath house for your hot spring
      • Perhaps a bar and some consumable and food vendors.
      • A building with governmental people out front - at best a potential hook for future Romulan Republic government stuff, at worst, a nifty flavor fluff bit like the judge loitering on Qo'noS
    • Reman Quarter would feature a lot of Reman refugee-looking types and be where most of your commodities would be traded.

I've put a bit of thought into how I'd want Mol'Rihan to look and work. <_<
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think those are some neat ideas. I do love the more fluid / active feeling of places like the First City and Bajor. The new ESD design is great, but I'd love if the Devs took inspiration from their existing city designs to build up New Romulus. There's a lot of opportunity to make something very dynamic and engaging.

Protogoth:
    Just thinking about the 'temporal disconnect.' You're entirely right. Maybe this is an opportunity for additional rewards for players reaching lvl60? Have the old Staging Area for those lvl50-59, then once you hit lvl60 you get a quick cutscene mission to introduce you to the new city. Maybe Commander Jarok calls you back to New Romulus, thanks you for your help in the Delta Quadrant, and gives you a quick tour of "this is what our people accomplished at home, while the Alliance was securing the Delta Quadrant."
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Small change I would love for New Romulus.

Add doff assignments to the planet's space like Earth, Qo'noS, Andoria, Bajor, Vulcan, DS9, etc... have. It's annoying having to park out in sector space to kick off mats scanning assignments.

And now, wait for 5 min to post anything else.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My Japanese bridge crew would greatly appreciate this. Mol'Rihan Onsen!

That would be awesome and funny. Too bad the FX for steam clouds to block any unmentionables would be prohibitively video card consuming. ^_^

Fleshing out the Reman area and being able to see it would be very nice, maybe have more stuff in the rest of the city, below the waterfall? Or was that just a ruin of a Dewan city?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Wow, I'm glad to see that there are many who also feel the same!

I can completely understand that the reputation area can't be removed for upcoming players, and it really doesnt need to be as most of it, is to do with the exploration of New Romulus, so those areas can still reamin. Epohh Tagging can exist in the Empire! :) As it has been mentioned, having more interior, like the aforementioned Reman quarter would be nice.

Also, I like the idea of the academy and of course, the hot springs ;)

I suppose though, If they do change New Romulus, the Flotilla might become obselete. I like the Flotilla, but if its an area which needs to be sacrificed to make way to completeing the construction of New Romulus, then I can accept that.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They wont touch it at least not in the way you are hoping for. There is no going back with cryptic. Maybe 4 years down the road a small revamp but thats max whats gonna happen. Cryptic is all about new stuff cause they dont have the ppl/money/TRIBBLE to do it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

If you can do something for the event anniversary, then I would be very happy with that.

I think this more effects Reman Players more than Romulan, as we literally have nowhere.

As Slamek says; "It's too bright in here..." :cool:
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With the danger of repetition lurking...

Starfleet Academy rejects should not be mixed with Romulan crew recruitment in the Command Center. Because you insert Dilithium for one thing, and get something else out instead. That's a Dilithium roulette at best, and a black hole eating up your reserves for no good reason at worst. Thanks.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure but it might just be because you can't get Rom doffs with Resolve.

Yeah, I don't get why they don't exist either, but apparently they don't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As far as I know there are some Rom doffs with Resolve (all very rare, and several of them former Borgified Roms), but I do not know if you ever have a chance to get one of them through "normal" process (for example critical hit by recruiting or turning in five rare officers - and have luck). I have all the few I own found on exchange - does anyone here know on which others ways they could rallied?
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would love to see a Romulan remake or dare I say expansion. :cool:
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I suppose though, If they do change New Romulus, the Flotilla might become obselete. I like the Flotilla, but if its an area which needs to be sacrificed to make way to completeing the construction of New Romulus, then I can accept that.

Maybe a Republic starbase can be set up in that area? That'd give some of the military people like Kererek, Mivek, and Nadel a place to sit and operate the fleet and operations in Tau Dewa.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, we can't ditch the flotilla, since newbie Roms need to go there for story reasons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, we can't ditch the flotilla, since newbie Roms need to go there for story reasons.
    I agree. I'm a firm beliver in adding to the experience not taking away content. Adding a starbase would be best. It could be inaccessible or even invisible until someone finishes the storyline.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè