test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't Leave (at least, not forever)

2»

Comments

• captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is no longer the Star Trek I loved, if PW wants to turn this into another Korean grind fest, then they can do it without me.

I was having fun when I could get XP, now I am not, simple.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They still are not done making the original layout of all the content i am guessing, more should be on the way, possibly, something not as "mosh-pit" based as some of it.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • gothsnipergothsniper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hope there greed and lame ways for treating this game catch up to them , there are better games out there

Sid Meyers Space game was just released ,

Elite Dangerous

Star Citizen Arena Commander

and Many many more on Steam

STO you brought this on your self
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A very good post. Unfortunately, I think many can only endure so much and with the combination of how many other MMO's are out there to tempt them and secure their attention, I have a feeling if/when people walk from STO, they simply won't be lured back.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    ... there's certainly no need to delete your characters and close down your account.

Strangely, the sorts of things that have the biggest PR backlash to Cryptic are:

1. Loss of accounts
    2. Loss of toons within those accounts
    3. Loss of hours played on those toons

Basically, the sort of stuff they use for their "State of the Game" report.
  • gothsnipergothsniper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sooner you leave people he better , with as many people leaving as it is don't expect any new content soon or improvements other then there repeated approaches to rake your wallet .
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That’s a very constructive thread for a change! Thx. :)
    flash525 wrote: »
    Anyway, to those players that have recently stated their desire to quit, don't. If you're finding the latest expansion a struggle, or are annoyed by it, simply take some leave from the game until the powers that be figure out they've messed up, then when they've fixed it you can come back. Those of you that are around, at least many of you have devoted countless hours to this game, some of you will have even paid toward it (be that a subscription, or small purchases if/when). It seems a shame to throw it all away when you may wish to come back to it all at a later date.

Yea, that is what I’m hoping and keep telling because my fleetmates and in game friends for 2,5 years are the only reason left for me to log. Gaming industry is just a tougher business than I original thought and the general answer to it by anyone who took the game seriously as in continuous time and/or money investments is:

“Sorry mate, I have the habit of letting myself get cheated by same group of people only one time.”

They will wait for Thursday’s patch, perhaps the one the week after it and then Game Over I’m afraid.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also enjoying the thread .

Anyone that does come back, is pretty much telling Cryptic "okay, even though you treated me like dirt, called me names and only loved my checkbook, we forgive you and will give you your 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th chance. Just don't hurt me again, ok?"

This bit had me go into "flashback" mode from my original long leveling period , to the year of hell , through getting fleeced of my Emblems during the F2P conversion , to being told that 1-2 FE's per year was now the new "norm" , through the removal of so many things during the last 2 years ... .

Yeah , good things happened too ... , but as of now I'm "STO Free" for 2 days now (after making a nice bit of Dill this weekend), I am at Lvl 60 and have not finished the DR content , and I'm ok with that too .

My next move is up to Cryptic .
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There comes a point in time, when the abuses become too much, the aggression is too much to swallow and the cost is more than can be reasonably bourne.

I have never seen a company, whose sole income is from the good will of it's clients, treat it's source of revenue with such disrespect, such malice, frankly, it's borderline hatred.

Why would anyone want to come back to that? We've all put up with this nonsense for years. There has been no indication of change coming, that things will get better, or that Cryptic sees us as anything other than moneybags to be squeezed till dry.

Anyone that does come back, is pretty much telling Cryptic "okay, even though you treated me like dirt, called me names and only loved my checkbook, we forgive you and will give you your 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th chance. Just don't hurt me again, ok?"

I won't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do. If you still enjoy the game, more power to ya. But I fully understand and support anyone that is ready to walk away and give Cryptic the finger on their way out the door. With everything Cryptic has done, the people walking have earned the right to say their piece and express themselves accordingly.

this very much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    One fact that remains amongst this, in the context of the thread, is that forum users are in the minority.

Have you been to zone chat lately? So many disgruntled players in there too. Yes forums might be a minority but still a microcosm of what the real player base is. Fact of the matter the XP leveling nerfing affected ALL...minority or majority.
    DUwNP.gif