test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really? Storyline quests in the middle of you crappy new adventure zone?

conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
Yeah, another "TRIBBLE you" to solo/casual players.
Post edited by conundrumnsa on

Comments

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My solo / casual experience is moving along just fine.

Would you like to expand more on your actual problem or are you just venting over something without explaining what it is?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »

Would you like to expand more on your actual problem or are you just venting over something without explaining what it is?

Yeah, I'm kind of confused...cause it seems like the OP is making a complaint about something as being bad for solo/casual players when that same something has received numerous complaints from folks as being bad for those that aren't solo players...ie...it's all overly solo friendly and not friendly to those that play with friends.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »

^^ This. LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Can you elaborate. I've done the entire storyline mission, including the new Kobali missions in the adventure, and I did them all solo/casual and I don't quite get how this screws over people like me.

Respawn rate was a bit high, I'll give it that, but it wasn't all that bad.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uh what now? I ran it solo just fine, the whole thing in one marathon run, and I'm awful at ground and still handled it okay. Plus frankly I think its the only well-paced part of the expansion. It isn't amazing writing or anything, but it moves right along. Besides it gives you a bunch of Mk13 blue kit modules and a purple doff and each little chunk gives you some more skill points, so whats the problem?
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Re-spawn really bad now! None of my favorite weapons are working like prior. Not as effective. Like the AI learning which ones to be aware of.

The Thin Line use to be fun and the enemy would go down fast but they're not... Or there was a issue on the map I was at the meter bar read 0 all the time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Solo was fun, teamed was fun, randoms bumping into each other and working together is fun, larger groups making extra enemies appear was great. Whats' the point of the thread?
  • Options
    josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ermaname wrote: »
    Solo was fun, teamed was fun, randoms bumping into each other and working together is fun, larger groups making extra enemies appear was great. Whats' the point of the thread?

I did solo the entire time except for ONE mission that was Graphic Suicide for my Video Card. Not 100% sure what the OP is having a problem with, but I can say it's not as bad as it could be.

Besides, Kobali Prime is rather fun. If you're an Engineer that is. :D
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    think he is complaining that the storyline forces you into adventure/battle zone, where when he played, was empty of folks (other players)... so he was getting whacked by the mobs since he is solo.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    think he is complaining that the storyline forces you into adventure/battle zone, where when he played, was empty of folks (other players)... so he was getting whacked by the mobs since he is solo.

You know, I'm generally known for abhorring ground (primarily because I suck at it, LOL). I was playing the DR storyline on Elite (evil exploiter and all), so I took the ground missions on Kobali on Elite too. And they were surprisingly easy, really, with many, many places to seek cover behind and regenerate.

Tl;dr: if I can do these ground missions on Elite, then so can the OP (and certainly if he isn't playing on Elite).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uh what now? I ran it solo just fine, the whole thing in one marathon run, and I'm awful at ground and still handled it okay. Plus frankly I think its the only well-paced part of the expansion. It isn't amazing writing or anything, but it moves right along. Besides it gives you a bunch of Mk13 blue kit modules and a purple doff and each little chunk gives you some more skill points, so whats the problem?

I kept dying really really fast.. my buddy said , damn, you have some crappy armor.. I did.. I forgot i had been DIL mining and was still wearing the enviro suit. but yeah, I have no issues with it. my gripe is the uber mines the vaadwaur toss your way. can't shoot em can't evade them
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I kept dying really really fast.. my buddy said , damn, you have some crappy armor.. I did.. I forgot i had been DIL mining and was still wearing the enviro suit. but yeah, I have no issues with it. my gripe is the uber mines the vaadwaur toss your way. can't shoot em can't evade them

You can Point Defense them (hellooo c-store ship!) with nice long cooldowns, or in the Vesta use the big pink "Keep Away!" bubble, that's what I did.

Of course, with only two tac consoles it also took me about an hour (felt like that at least) to kill a single Vaadwaar ship so yeah, fun times :mad:
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I play 95%+ solo... and am enjoying the new zone just fine. AS I have all the previous zones, mostly solo (other than the mandatory 5 team hard misisons)

What's your beef, man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As far as character progression is concerned the entire time spend on Kobali feels like a total waist of time. I bet you could level faster on Risa and have more fun there as well as a better income.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you are saying, that because there are other people on the map, that don't influence your progress at all, your solo-experience is ruined?

That's just silly.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i have no problem doing it solo only problem i have the the with our last breath mission its bugged aprently for me and a few others i know lol

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought Kobali was fun while I was there, though the lack of rewards beyond those tied to the story has kept me from going back. Unlike the Voth zone, they actually scaled all of the open missions on Kobali to be done by a solo player. The toughest enemy on the map is that Vaad Captain in his spider-tank, and he's no V-Rex.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I actually like how the Kobali Adventure Zone is setup. It is much more diverse than the Voth Battlezone, and it gives you a sense of purpose fighting against the Vaadwaur. My only beef with the zone are the nerfs to XP for each NPC kill. Other than that, it's good place to hang around.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The DR story takes us down, but the mission right after actually goes off world again (more patrols :rolleyes:).

The fact that this BZ even has a story is a huge improvement over the previous BZs.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    You know, I'm generally known for abhorring ground (primarily because I suck at it, LOL). I was playing the DR storyline on Elite (evil exploiter and all), so I took the ground missions on Kobali on Elite too. And they were surprisingly easy, really, with many, many places to seek cover behind and regenerate.

Tl;dr: if I can do these ground missions on Elite, then so can the OP (and certainly if he isn't playing on Elite).

I'm pretty sure the Kobali Battlezone forces you to play on normal....
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Kobali Zone is alright I guess, althogh the frequent respawns behind me got a little annoying at some point. Boffs go crazy down there, they pull EVERYTHING ! :D