test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locked out of Delta Quadrant episodes

t9andromat9androma Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a level 54 captain but I am unable to start or replay the following episodes
"Escalation", "Friends in unlikely places", "Enemies in all the usual places", "Kobali Front", "With Friends like these.."

The replay or hail button is greyed out and will not activate.

I have currently been able to complete "Escalation", "Mindscape", "Reunion", "Revelations", "All that glitters"

I would really like to experience all of the new episodes:(
Post edited by t9androma on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Try levelling to lvl 55
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're not missing anything except tedious boredom.

But yeah, try to get to 55.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    t9androma wrote: »
    I have a level 54 captain but I am unable to start or replay the following episodes
    "Escalation", "Friends in unlikely places", "Enemies in all the usual places", "Kobali Front", "With Friends like these.."

I have currently been able to complete "Escalation", "Mindscape", "Reunion", "Revelations", "All that glitters"

You had to have played the final Dyson Sphere mission for the DQ series to unlock for you. If that character hasn't done that he'll need to.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • t9andromat9androma Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The afore mentioned episode missions are all level 54 or lower. My captain is level 54. Do you mean it is necessary to complete final Dyson episode "Surface Tension" or something else? I have completed the former with this captain.
    edited October 2014
    Level 55 now still locked out of lower missions and level 55 missions
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The afore mentioned episode missions are all level 54 or lower. My captain is level 54. Do you mean it is necessary to complete final Dyson episode "Surface Tension" or something else? I have completed the former with this captain.

YES !
    You must complete surface tension just to get into the DQ.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2014
    Surface Tension is complete. I can get into the DQ just I am locked out of the missions mentioned in first post. Now level 55 and also locked out of level 55 missions.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Surface Tension is complete. I can get into the DQ just I am locked out of the missions mentioned in first post. Now level 55 and also locked out of level 55 missions.

Did you beam onto the Jenolan sphere and talk to the NPC there (that mission is given to you automatically if you were level 50 and completed 'Surface Tension') try that and see if it unlocks the DQ mission series for you.

If you did do that, it sounds like your character may be bugged - and you'll have to file a support ticket with Cryptic (good luck).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited October 2014
    No luck with any of the above. However, when I logged in today I am now able to access level 55 DQ missions still not the ones I mentioned in the first post. Have logged tickets but no acknowledgement shows up under "My Tickets".
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    No luck with any of the above. However, when I logged in today I am now able to access level 55 DQ missions still not the ones I mentioned in the first post. Have logged tickets but no acknowledgement shows up under "My Tickets".

Can you give me the name@handle of the character, or the ticket number(s)?
    STO QA Team
    edited October 2014
    Hello

The character is T'androma@t9androma. I did submit a ticket but it is not showing up in "my tickets".
    edited November 2014
    Level 56 now and still locked out of afore mentioned episodes and also 'KNow your enemies'. have reinstalled and repatched the game several times to see if a refresh solves the issue. It does not.

t'9androma@t9androma
  • hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2014

These look like patrol or one-time missions. I also am unable to replay these (at level 60), although I could play them the first time through. Did you by chance skip them the first time through?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My toon is over half way through Level 59 and many of the lower D.R. missions are blocked for me also.

I just assumed that they were "One Time Only" and didn't think to instigate a Ticket.

Hmmmmnn....
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Try levelling to lvl 55

OP is right: I'm at lv 60, and locked out from replaying those same missions.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    I think some (if not all) of the missions being discussed are one-time-only. I'm not clear on if the original poster was able to play them the first time or not, but not all missions can be replayed. (Even some of the old ones cannot be replayed, like Circles within Circles or Fluidic Destruction. Though generally these are the ones that simply lead you to a new sector and that's it.)

^^ That has the ring of truth to it.

/300
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    I was able to play the first mission 'Escalation' but am not able to replay. Perhaps as AP said some are 'one time' but the other missions I am locked out of I have not been able to play at all.

t'androma@t9androma
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Escalation" is the one-shot "let me into the Delta Quadrant please" mission, I think it's intentionally not replayable. (A character can only enter the Delta Quadrant for the very first time once, after all).

The "Friends" and "Enemies" missions are essentially introductions to a set of Delta Quadrant patrol missions... is it possible that you've already done some of the patrols, and are therefore unable to do those again for the first time, either?

(I have one level 60 character who's completed the storyline missions. I had no problem doing any of the "Friends" and "Enemies" missions along the way, but they are now greyed out and not replayable for me. I certainly assumed that was by design, but hey, I could be wrong.)

ETA - same goes for Kobali; the "Kobali Front" mission opens up the zone and is not replayable. It's a bit unusual in that the individual ground missions in the Kobali storyline are, but you have to go to a special console on the planet to start them off.
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited November 2014
    So maybe because I was not able to do the first of the 'friends and enemies' at the start this is the reason the others are also locked to me.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014

OK, "Escalation" is the handoff to the Delta Quadrant mission and is not replayable by design, just like all the other handoff missions.

"Friends in Unlikely Places", "Enemies in All the Usual Places", "With Friends Like These", "Know Your Enemies", and "Better with Friends" introduce all of the patrol systems, and are also nor replayable by design. You can still replay the individual patrols by just going to the appropriate system door.

"The Kobali Front" is a handoff to the Kobali Adventure Zone and so is not repeatable by design. The other Kobali Zone missions are repeatable via the console to the left as one faces the door of General Q'Nel's building.

All of the mission in the Delta Quadrant list are set up so that they have to be played or skipped to unlock the next in the list. Our records for your character also show that "Escalation", "Friends in unlikely places", "Enemies in all the usual places", "Kobali Front", and "With Friends like these.." have been completed.

If you want to make sure you've played the patrol content, look up the missions at the STO Wiki and then just go to the individual system doors to play the missions.
    STO QA Team
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OK, "Escalation" is the handoff to the Delta Quadrant mission and is not replayable by design, just like all the other handoff missions.

"Friends in Unlikely Places", "Enemies in All the Usual Places", "With Friends Like These", "Know Your Enemies", and "Better with Friends" introduce all of the patrol systems, and are also nor replayable by design. You can still replay the individual patrols by just going to the appropriate system door.

"The Kobali Front" is a handoff to the Kobali Adventure Zone and so is not repeatable by design. The other Kobali Zone missions are repeatable via the console to the left as one faces the door of General Q'Nel's building.

All of the mission in the Delta Quadrant list are set up so that they have to be played or skipped to unlock the next in the list. Our records for your character also show that "Escalation", "Friends in unlikely places", "Enemies in all the usual places", "Kobali Front", and "With Friends like these.." have been completed.

If you want to make sure you've played the patrol content, look up the missions at the STO Wiki and then just go to the individual system doors to play the missions.

May be my memory is isn't good. Wasn't there an update for the rewards for some of the missions. When I did the run I got about 8 MK XII phaser arrays. Weren't some of these part of the patrol missions?? So we can't redo for the corrected rewards??
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually, replaying the Kobali missions offer the same rewards as the patrol introduction missions did when you played them. The only difference is, since a patch or two ago, they swapped out the [Acc]x3 phaser array for a random weapon.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    May be my memory is isn't good. Wasn't there an update for the rewards for some of the missions. When I did the run I got about 8 MK XII phaser arrays. Weren't some of these part of the patrol missions?? So we can't redo for the corrected rewards??
    The 'corrected' rewards are worse. See here:
    Actually, replaying the Kobali missions offer the same rewards as the patrol introduction missions did when you played them. The only difference is, since a patch or two ago, they swapped out the [Acc]x3 phaser array for a random weapon.

I'll note the random weapon is no longer purple, as the Beam Array was.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014

That used to be an awesome reward and let casual players get nice gear without spending EC. Now it's just bad junk. DR is filled with bad nerfs left and right.
    edited November 2014

I still find it very odd that these missions did not open for me once I reached the appropriate level. I get what you are saying about patrol missions but I worked methodically through each episode that unlocked in order and did not do any activities in Delta Quadrant which were not listed in the episodes.