test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My goodness the Queues are empty.

archer01#0741 archer01 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
The last few times that I've logged into the game, so many of the queues that used to be so full are now empty. In the years that I've played STO I have never seen them this consistently empty. It would appear that more than a small minority of players are upset with the changes brought by Delta Rising. This is not good for the game (or perhaps it is). Cryptic had better fin a way to stop the bleeding.
Post edited by archer01#0741 on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic will tell you that private queues are alive and active...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dtrekkie wrote: »
    The last few times that I've logged into the game, so many of the queues that used to be so full are now empty. In the years that I've played STO I have never seen them this consistently empty. It would appear that more than a small minority of players are upset with the changes brought by Delta Rising. This is not good for the game (or perhaps it is). Cryptic had better fin a way to stop the bleeding.

We have a similar thread about this problem, but yea... you are right and you currently see the result of the change of the endgame pve infrastructure.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can get more marks per time spent at Defera now. And being such a pittance it's not worth the aggravation of fighting uber NPC's in STF's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Between the nerfing, the lack of reward:effort, and making optionals mandatory so trolls can easily disrupt the game, pugging is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Which makes me sad, I've made some very good friends and learned a lot about the game pugging. :(
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The private queues maybe fuller, but that's only because Pugging any Advanced is still too open to trolls. Pity really.

Best fun I've had in the game was the Tau Dewa Patrols after DR launch...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PvE queues are 17 times emptier than normal. :D
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey, the queues were empty before DR was launched.
    Mine Trap, one of my favorite ground missions has been dead for almost a year now. You've not been paying attention ?
    Anyway most have no choice but to queue for Bug Hunt and Borg DC. People are trying to get their Delta Rep out of the way.
    Once Delta rep is out of the way, the queues will even out.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A few months ago Geko mentioned removing the old queues. That way they can bring them back for "bonus weekend" type of things.
    Because yes, some will be empty. It is always that way
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dtrekkie wrote: »

Well, given that about 80% of players no longer do enough DPS to do Advanced Queues I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey, the queues were empty before DR was launched.
    Mine Trap, one of my favorite ground missions has been dead for almost a year now. You've not been paying attention ?
    Anyway most have no choice but to queue for Bug Hunt and Borg DC. People are trying to get their Delta Rep out of the way.
    Once Delta rep is out of the way, the queues will even out.

Even ISA is a fraction of what it used to be. Even at 6am est on a weekday it would pop in under 30 seconds pre DR. Last night during peak time their may have been 200 in STFs and the majority are in CCA, BHA, and BDCA. If you didn't have to do them for BNPs or ACAs they would be dead because people would rather farm ground battle zones because the rewards are worthwhile.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Even ISA is a fraction of what it used to be. Even at 6am est on a weekday it would pop in under 30 seconds pre DR. Last night during peak time their may have been 200 in STFs and the majority are in CCA, BHA, and BDCA. If you didn't have to do them for BNPs or ACAs they would be dead because people would rather farm ground battle zones because the rewards are worthwhile.

This sounds about right for European prime times as well. Queues are deserted because players reject the advanced stuff as well as normal. Maybe the currently promoted queues still work bit better for obvious reasons but the rest is basically empty.
    chalpen wrote: »
    A few months ago Geko mentioned removing the old queues. That way they can bring them back for "bonus weekend" type of things.
    Because yes, some will be empty. It is always that way

So as in “Infected Conduit Advanced Bonus Weekend”?

… yea to damage this game even further seems indeed possible.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I dislike ground quite a lot, but I'm doing ground zones rather than the nerfed space stfs.

Bug hunt elite is one of the easier ones, nice rewards, and you get power cells.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The issue with queues is twofold:

A) Advanced and higher are out of reach for the majority of players DPS wise.

B) Rewards for time spent aren't worth it.

The problem is this game has become all about rewards vs time. There's very little ingame that's about being social and enjoying the challenge. Look at WoW or Guild Wars 2, they have their game revolving around the social aspects. The level grind is mostly irrelevant to that and can be completed at leisure at any time, the group and social content is the core, the items and the gear are all part of that, including the unique look of armour and weaponry, as well as the skills and builds. STO was initially designed to imitate that concept, however due to dubious quality and a lack of design direction, the game has lost a lot of the community aspects. They are even encouraged to play the game more as a solo grind than a group challenge. Simple things like Starbases, why gate them behind a year long grind? New Expansion just rendered all gear from there void minus maybe some consoles and a couple of UR hangar pets.

Hell they even call the fighters and frigates pets! Why? It makes zero sense in a game based on Star Trek.

The list of inconsistencies and errors is just massive.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Queues empty piff they are filled up more than ever!!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Look at WoW or Guild Wars 2, they have their game revolving around the social aspects. The level grind is mostly irrelevant to that and can be completed at leisure at any time, the group and social content is the core, the items and the gear are all part of that, including the unique look of armour and weaponry, as well as the skills and builds.

I don't know about GW2 but for WoW there are only two levels: not-max and max-current-raid-tier. If you aren't max level with current raid tier gear you aren't playing with your friends that are unless it's a farm night and then you might as well be door sitting for all you'll contribute and to keep their speedy farming speedy you might just be door sitting so you don't TRIBBLE mechanics up.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.