test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STOked is quiet

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
For past two weaks now STOked Radio is very quiet..... Even FB is quiet ????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's called pretending everything is all right, but in reality they're scared as hell.... That explains the silence. Just my theory.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STOked is just a mouthpiece for the dev announcements IMO. Devs are denying anything is wrong, proclaiming that DR is the most successful release they've ever had, etc....

So they have nothing to announce. STOked remains silent.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    It's called pretending everything is all right, but in reality they're scared as hell.... That explains the silence. Just my theory.

I would be scared as well. Think of all of the innocent game masters and developers who have no choice but to follow orders to ruin the game - even more than usual - or risk losing their job.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ashlotte wrote: »
    I would be scared as well. Think of all of the innocent game masters and developers who have no choice but to follow orders to ruin the game - even more than usual - or risk losing their job.

Oh, puh-LEEZE. This is all Gecko's direction. Not PWE. PWE may put emphasis on making profits, but Gecko's the one who intentionally put the game where it is right now.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was wondering about this too. Yeah they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the devs. They should just go away.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh, puh-LEEZE. This is all Gecko's direction. Not PWE. PWE may put emphasis on making profits, but Gecko's the one who intentionally put the game where it is right now.

I did not know this. Nevertheless, wouldn't it still be the same situation that some people working on the game - who actually care for it - are having to follow orders regardless of their convictions against it?

Just trying to throw a fish bone in here as all. Benefit of the doubt. Don't worry, it won't be long until I'm cursing the very breath that they all breathe again.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I believe it may be something less evil.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? Let the dust settle.

No point in poking the bear, especially if they want to continue. And the want to continue...?
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    During one of Cryptic's podcast interviews, PriorityOne, STOked, or TrekRadio had voiced a series of concerns. At several points, during the conversation, the interviewer and Cryptic had been butting heads. I don't remember which broadcast was involved. I know that there was tension in the air. I just cannot remember who was doing the interview. Sometimes I cannot tell the difference between PriorityOne, STOked, and TrekRadio.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »

What can they say? I'm sure they've asked the usual crowd for an interview, but give the state of things I doubt the STO PR department is willing to give Gekko another chance to put his foot squarely in his mouth (which he always seems to find a way to do in 99% of the public interviews he gives about STO) -- thus, with no one from the STO able to say anything publicly - they probably don't want to do what would be seen as a negative PR show (given the recent actions taken by Cryptic against the STO playerbase; and the late and self serving statement by Stephen D'Angelo to the playerbase that fails to address the fact that the so called 'exploit' had been reported on Tribble PRIOR to DR launch (with no repose or fix from Cryptic - and in fact those patrol missions had been that way for a while even before DR was conceived - yet Mr. D'Angelo is still of the opinion that the players in general 'should have known it was an exploit' WITHOUT any prior official word from Cryptic or anyone involved with STO...)

In the end, I'm sure they hope it'll all blow over and somehow feel that they'll continue to get new players to replace those that permanently leave; and those players will have no knowledge of what the game was like prior to Delta Eising.

As long as they see zero advantage to speaking publicly, of course they won't.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On Twitter a few weeks ago they said talked about repackaging/refurbishing.

But it is funner to say that they are embarrassed about DR and are packing up and moving to Finland,
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »

As i know he had to work last 2 weekends so there was no show because of that.
    Also he is restructuring the podcast which is now called Stoked Show.
    Stoked Show (Radio) is no longer afflieted with Jupiter Force.
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    During one of Cryptic's podcast interviews, PriorityOne, STOked, or TrekRadio had voiced a series of concerns. At several points, during the conversation, the interviewer and Cryptic had been butting heads. I don't remember which broadcast was involved. I know that there was tension in the air. I just cannot remember who was doing the interview. Sometimes I cannot tell the difference between PriorityOne, STOked, and TrekRadio.

If someone could share more details on this, that would be fantastic. It's something I want to see.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    Stoked Show (Radio) is no longer afflicted with Jupiter Force.

Afflicted ? :eek:

Or affiliated ? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    inkrunner wrote: »
    If someone could share more details on this, that would be fantastic. It's something I want to see.

Hah. I'd be shocked if it was anything more than softballs phrased in such a leading way to allow Cryptic to give out their party line in response.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stoked Show (Radio) is no longer afflicted with Jupiter Force.

Is that something you could elaborate on? I'm sure on one hand that fleet matters are fleet matters but given how synonymous the two have been for the game's entire history, it feels like an unusual move.

It would be like Caspian disavowing Starbase UGC.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is that something you could elaborate on? I'm sure on one hand that fleet matters are fleet matters but given how synonymous the two have been for the game's entire history, it feels like an unusual move.

From the gist of it I gathered, Mav is just about burned out/fed up with STO. He's rebranding so he can cover other games and put some distance from this one, and since JF has a copyright to the name STOked.
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    STOked is just a mouthpiece for the dev announcements IMO.

HAHAHAHAHA OH GOD THATS FUNNY

Wait, you're serious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And how exactly is Caspian related to Starbase UGC ?
    In any way , other than some players choose to be members of both fleets in game.

Caspian has nothing to do with the podcasts produced by and affiliated with StarbaseUGC.
    Where are you getting your information ?

In any case. Please stop considering Caspian as the driving force of StarbaseUGC. It does a disservice to the people at StarbaseUGC actually producing the podcasts there.

G&T Show Hosts are all Caspian Members, and talk about their fleet on air, but they are not affiliated with StarbaseUGC, except that many of us think they are pretty snappy dressers. They are also produced by a totally different bu
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to take time and thank all the fans, supporters, followers and community of STOked Radio who have endured the growing pains that we have had along the way doing the show.

I promise to continue to strive to bring you all great content and entertaining segments as the show continues to grow and evolve.

Thank You
    Tom "Maverick" Cruz

Via Facebook

give it time.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hippiejon wrote: »
    And how exactly is Caspian related to Starbase UGC ?
    In any way , other than some players choose to be members of both fleets in game.

Caspian has nothing to do with the podcasts produced by and affiliated with StarbaseUGC.
    Where are you getting your information ?

In any case. Please stop considering Caspian as the driving force of StarbaseUGC. It does a disservice to the people at StarbaseUGC actually producing the podcasts there.

G&T Show Hosts are all Caspian Members, and talk about their fleet on air, but they are not affiliated with StarbaseUGC, except that many of us think they are pretty snappy dressers. They are also produced by a totally different bu

I didn't think Caspian drove StarbaseUGC but it did become a vehicle of convenience for folks affiliated with Starbase UGC to gather there. Same as with STOked and JupiterForce.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Afflicted ? :eek:

Or affiliated ? :D

Ups my bad! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    From the gist of it I gathered, Mav is just about burned out/fed up with STO. He's rebranding so he can cover other games and put some distance from this one, and since JF has a copyright to the name STOked.

Jupiter Force does not have copyright on Stoked, Jupiter Broadcasting has.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If this is true then I don't see why he is so adamant about holding onto the 'STOked' name. At this point he should just come up with an original name and let STOked die a natural death. For me STOked will always be Jupiter Broadcasting/Jupiter Force/Chris&Jeremy. It's kind of sad to hear that this is what it's been reduced too. I applaud Mav for trying to keep it going but the podcast, much like the game itself, has lost a lot of momentum. Jeremy used to be a 'one of us' MMO gamer who was off to live the dream of working for the developer of his favorite game but now comes across as bitter and harsh in the posts we get from him (also sad to see). Chris was right to get out when he did.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ok strange that there was no one or any announcement about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Think my grandma once told me “sometimes… If you do not have anything positive to say it could be best to say nothing at all”.

Personally I doubt they are sitting in their studio giving each other a high fife over DR but instead try to fix what they can as soon as they can. We have only a game but they have a job to loose if things dont turn out.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    atlantra wrote: »

...i am the terror by night! :3
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Think my grandma once told me “sometimes… If you do not have anything positive to say it could be best to say nothing at all”.

Personally I doubt they are sitting in their studio giving each other a high fife over DR but instead try to fix what they can as soon as they can. We have only a game but they have a job to loose if things dont turn out.

as much as id like to think they are pulled aside and thinking, "ok they have a point, lets go ahead and give em more exploration and trek related puzzles and mysteries to solve, and tackle some of these bug reports..." i imagine they are instead just ignoring us and hoping we will run outta steam (no pun intended) and everyone will forget about it.

it shouldnt of had to come to this, i miss being able to tell em how awesome the game is, that it was my virtual home. id like to see a time where the game is working perfectly, we all have the content that pleases us and the devs are interacting on the forums and maybe even gaming with us...its still possible!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maverick (the host) has been busy at work, which is the reason why there has been no STOked for a few weeks.

That and the revamp on Trek Radio.

As for him being a mouthpiece for the devs, lol, you really don't follow him that well...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif