test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO] The Wizards of STO Present: The Battle of Korfez "Elite-ish" - [8:50]

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAREkgy4h4&feature=youtu.be

"We did this faster then D'Angelo intended... our marks are going to be rolled back" - Ambush

"Guys this is bugged, it dropped an Elite reward" - Jena

"Somewhere a dev's sleep is being haunted by Wizards" - Peggy-O

"zzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-huh?...zzzzzz..." - Wrench

"This wasn't ISE?" - Nalah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Very nice. Still can't wait to see what this will look like once the Elite version is out. Surprising that they put in a normal difficulty queue that rewards the same as an Elite queue.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lack of "effective" dps

I love it when people make that argument with a straight face. Nice work there.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very nice. I'm going to avoid that till the weekend event is over. I don't want to get mugged out of everything (including my uniform) and have to start back at the academy looking like Khan asking for donations. :)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope ya'll are kidding. That was sarcasm about the being bugged part. They just make it look like normal because they've got a team that actually knows what they're doing.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Excellent, now there's hard evidence that energy weapons are an exploit. The age of the torpedo is nigh.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    onerats wrote: »
    I hope ya'll are kidding. That was sarcasm about the being bugged part. They just make it look like normal because they've got a team that actually knows what they're doing.

Um, if you paid close attention to the difficulty setting in the video, it was on normal difficulty.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um, if you paid close attention to the difficulty setting in the video, it was on normal difficulty.

If you knew anything about this particular STF, you would not say that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Are you sure? It seems too good to be true to get a Salvage Tech for for less than 8 minutes work in an STF... that's like 17x faster than anywhere else in the game.

Are they going to roll back my excessive Salvage Techs now?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Tbh, after what they did to us last week I wouldn't be at all surprised. Never in all my time playing MMO's have I ever seen something like that happen. Roll back the server a couple hours because everyone and their grandma got given free PvP gear? Sure. Roll back half the server seemingly randomly because some people managed to level faster than others? I can't help but shake my head in wonder at how incredibly bad that particular idea was.

Also - I love how they ask for screenshots of the problem when you submit a ticket on the issue. Because you know, screenshots of my specializations totally matter when you've got all those data logs you're looking into on an individual basis on request. Yeah. That's totally gonna happen.
  • Options
    rogerthomsonrogerthomson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014

"We did this faster then D'Angelo intended... our marks are going to be rolled back" - Ambush

No nothing wrong with it, this is playing exactly as intended.
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No nothing wrong with it, this is playing exactly as intended.

No man, if you pay close attention you will notic that many ships actually gave over 100 exp. That alone makes this certainly an exploit! If you add the salvage techs on top of it, well i'd say it warrrants a permanent ban for all participants and 5 other players at random.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    dreadcall wrote: »
    and 5 other players at random.

Lol. Yeah, pretty much.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope you dirty exploiters are punished to the full extent and have your rewards rolled back! Cheaters! All of you! :P
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    while i applaude you on your quick run of Korfez i must call you out on that fact that u are using a 3rd party macro program to achieve your DPS by having it contantly activate a vast majority of your skills. basically cheating as defined by the ToS but im sure nobody cares.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Winning is cheating.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    semalda226 wrote: »
    while i applaude you on your quick run of Korfez i must call you out on that fact that u are using a 3rd party macro program to achieve your DPS by having it contantly activate a vast majority of your skills. basically cheating as defined by the ToS but im sure nobody cares.

Of course they do cheat. To finish thing mess allready, Cryptic should just ban them, limit the dmg ress debuffs stacking and reset and encript the bind files (so they can be altered and saved only in-game, not manually). Alterring a game file, what ever type it may be, even a bind file, is against the ToS and shoud be considered an exploit and closed. In fact I think I will submit a ticket to PWE to ask further clarification and investigation upon this matter and go even further and suggest them to reset and encript the bind files so they cannot be manually edited anymore or used with other 3rd party macro programs.
    Of course its easy when you just press 3-4 buttons and you can be aware around, stear your ship etc... while the majority of players, even using the bind system, but with the in-game UI (wich doenst allow multiple skills to be bind to same key), will strugle to press 9-12 buttons like madmens, and having dificulty to stear and keep their ships alive in the same time...

Mocking the devs, after they slap your wrist, wont get you anywhere...
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You do realize you can bind whatever you want to spacebar, as much as you want, and simply mash it till it breaks? Without using any outside programs/tricks? Ugh.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The Benny Hill music makes this video. Just sayin. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Of course they do cheat. To finish thing mess allready, Cryptic should just ban them, limit the dmg ress debuffs stacking and reset and encript the bind files (so they can be altered and saved only in-game, not manually). Alterring a game file, what ever type it may be, even a bind file, is against the ToS and shoud be considered an exploit and closed. In fact I think I will submit a ticket to PWE to ask further clarification and investigation upon this matter and go even further and suggest them to reset and encript the bind files so they cannot be manually edited anymore or used with other 3rd party macro programs.
    Of course its easy when you just press 3-4 buttons and you can be aware around, stear your ship etc... while the majority of players, even using the bind system, but with the in-game UI (wich doenst allow multiple skills to be bind to same key), will strugle to press 9-12 buttons like madmens, and having dificulty to stear and keep their ships alive in the same time...

keybinds are an exploit? i knew it was too good to be true. that's like 17x faster than anywhere else in the game.
  • Options
    clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014

U Mad Bro????
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Taking the song from Benny Hill Show made this a quick play.. Are you using AP Beams on these ships. Seems like you were. Those Heavy Battleship are easy to take out also. I just stay on top them even though they do cloak and seem to move really fast under cloak two.

Oh-by-the-way nice video!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Taking the song from Benny Hill Show made this a quick play.. Are you using AP Beams on these ships. Seems like you were. Those Heavy Battleship are easy to take out also. I just stay on top them even though they do cloak and seem to move really fast under cloak two.

Oh-by-the-way nice video!

Nahal (who recorded and edited this) didn't touch the playback speed but the Benny Hill theme does make it seem like it's going faster.

It turned out better than what i suggested: Harry Potter theme.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Those aren't 3rd party macro's. They are simply exported, then edited keybinds that are a part of STO. Please check out the advanced options offered by the game before claiming 3rd party software or breach of the TOS :D
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Those aren't 3rd party macro's. They are simply exported, then edited keybinds that are a part of STO. Please check out the advanced options offered by the game before claiming 3rd party software or breach of the TOS :D

Notepad is too good to be true. it's 17x faster than anywhere else in the game.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    snip

The chat can actually used to bind multiple instruction on one key :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That 17x faster thing is gonna become part of STO culture isn't it?
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That 17x faster thing is gonna become part of STO culture isn't it?

Yup, and it'll become an sto meme 17x faster than any other sto meme.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thank you guys for proving the community's point.
    Back when we said that jacking up hitpoints does jack **** but make the game a tedious slog for players with low dps the only answer the devs gave us is that they are literally to inept to just slap some basic buff cycles onto their mobs.

I thank you guys for utterly decimating this "elite" content.

And please post your builds :) ^^
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I want to refine dil 17x faster.

First.

Great run and it gives hope to us lesser folk.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They should at least give a title out to people they took points from. I'm seeing "Over 17!" as a possibility. Though.. that seems like there's some sexual innuendo going on there.