Options

Trouble with Tribble

2»

Comments

• Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    So, in order to try and win an argument you have taken my original premise out of context, that being that a vocal minority on a forum, do not represent the silent majority...

You are making a straw man argument by constantly falling back onto this point...

I have not once tried to state otherwise that proper, scientific and organised polling can indeed represent a majority, through the systematic gathering of information from a minority... This harks back to you being purely facetious in this matter...

Now, if you can discount that a vocal minority on a forum, do not represent the silent majority, which was my original assertion, I will concede I was wrong...

So far you have failed to do so - or simply cannot - which means we are of differing opinions, in which case, we will have to agree to disagree...

My assertion has been pretty clear from the beginning, but you're welcome to keep trying to move the goal posts...
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My assertion has been pretty clear from the beginning, but you're welcome to keep trying to move the goal posts...

Oddly enough, my assertions have also been quite clear...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Or, as a business worried about the greater ramifications of potential bad press, even from that vocal minority, they responded with a formal explanation as I would expect of any conscientious enterprise to do when faced with a similar situation...

To not provide any formal redress of this issue, would have only exacerbated the problem and it could very well have gotten completely beyond the hope of any form of damage control...

But surely, if the forum minority were not representative of the player majority, in this situation, he would have felt no need to make a statement, in person, regarding it. While both points of view are valid, this to me is far more supportive of the OP's position on this occasion.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    But surely, if the forum minority were not representative of the player majority, in this situation, he would have felt no need to make a statement, in person, regarding it. While both points of view are valid, this to me is far more supportive of the OP's position on this occasion.

Or, as I suggested to varekraith when they suggested something similar...
    Or, as a business worried about the greater ramifications of potential bad press, even from that vocal minority, they responded with a formal explanation as I would expect of any conscientious enterprise to do when faced with a similar situation...

To not provide any formal redress of this issue, would have only exacerbated the problem and it could very well have gotten completely beyond the hope of any form of damage control...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but this new "difficulty" isn't really difficulty. It's just more grind and lazy. People complained about it on Tribble. The complaints were very legit. But they were ignored and holo deck has to experience the ruined game play that only Tribble had to experience. For those who are not effected by this, let me spell it out, people were leaving CE Advanced 66% completed. PvE mission made unplayable. But there was a thread for feedback on the new "difficulty". They listened. They will make changes now. But what they have done was used Holodeck as a test server when they ran the same test on Tribble and got the same feedback. Yes, I know, MMOGs are normally incomplete and buggy. But this was something that could have been prevented if only they listened to their beta-testers.

Heres a secret Cryptic doesnt want to admit. Tribble is not their test server. Its their 'Try It Out Before It Goes To Holodeck' server.

Whens the last time something showed up on Tribble, was tested by the playerbase, received feedback and was subsequently fixed due to that feedback?
  • Options
    darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have been on and off of tribble for a while now and alot of the bugs on tribble are just copy and past job to holo. Yes alot of us put in reports and we thought yeah they have plenty of time to address this. Naaaaaaaaa.... didn't happen at all. Most everything from tribble with in the last few updates/seasons/whatever you want to call them have pretty much been put on tribble we tested it told them no no no. and with in a few weeks it was on holo just as it was on tribble. with nothing added or taken away from the core of what we first saw. Tribble has become a useless joke. They don't want any one to tell them its a bad idea or it needs to be change. Lord knows I think we would all have waited a few more weeks for Delta Ridiculous if they would have just been like... Hey guys its a little bit of a mess we need to clean it up so yeah wait a few k. I would have understanded that more. Because the reports where their for them to see what was going on they just ignored it. They even have to put a special NPC in the Delta Sphear to give us levels so we could keep moving along with the story because it took so long to gain levels and now the XP is even less then it was in Beta from what I can tell so yeah talking about a up hill fight. Dang ya know. R.I.P Tribble pre LoR you were uselful for a time but no more.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    Heres a secret Cryptic doesnt want to admit. Tribble is not their test server. Its their 'Try It Out Before It Goes To Holodeck' server.

Whens the last time something showed up on Tribble, was tested by the playerbase, received feedback and was subsequently fixed due to that feedback?
    darin010 wrote: »
    I have been on and off of tribble for a while now and alot of the bugs on tribble are just copy and past job to holo. Yes alot of us put in reports and we thought yeah they have plenty of time to address this. Naaaaaaaaa.... didn't happen at all. Most everything from tribble with in the last few updates/seasons/whatever you want to call them have pretty much been put on tribble we tested it told them no no no. and with in a few weeks it was on holo just as it was on tribble. with nothing added or taken away from the core of what we first saw. Tribble has become a useless joke. They don't want any one to tell them its a bad idea or it needs to be change. Lord knows I think we would all have waited a few more weeks for Delta Ridiculous if they would have just been like... Hey guys its a little bit of a mess we need to clean it up so yeah wait a few k. I would have understanded that more. Because the reports where their for them to see what was going on they just ignored it. They even have to put a special NPC in the Delta Sphear to give us levels so we could keep moving along with the story because it took so long to gain levels and now the XP is even less then it was in Beta from what I can tell so yeah talking about a up hill fight. Dang ya know. R.I.P Tribble pre LoR you were uselful for a time but no more.

Sounds worse than I thought.
    Oddly enough, my assertions have also been quite clear...

As I said before, I am seeing people on the forums that I have never seen before. And more to the point, most people on the forums are not of the same group. They are samplings of many groups ingame. Many of the people on the forums have had their feathers ruffled because the had their SPs removed as punishment for what about "300" players did. Many other people sympathize.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tribble is there for one reason and one reason only in this case... to make sure that the game works.... it doesn't need to be bug free... just needs to work.

Any suggestions to actually improve the content or ships or weapons is discounted out of hand... that's what their personally chosen fan club... I mean "small focus group" is supposedly for.. which from what I can tell either didn't do a damn thing or was pretty much ignored as well. Generally the response is... when you get a response at all... "It's too hard."

So tribble isn't for making improvement. Bugs as well tend to be ignored unless they are super game breaking. The bugs will get fixed.. what is it now... two weeks after it goes live... if at all... ever... until the bugs become "working as intended"... or they're suddenly declared exploitive a year and a half later from when they were released.

Can't really say this time tribble was for previewing content either, because all silvers were totally exluded from the content, the queues were mostly broken, and the new ships were restricted from everyone but their hand chosen fan club... I mean "small focus group".

Honestly I'm not exactly sure what Tribble was used for prior to Delta Rising this time around. Wasn't for bug testing, wasn't for previewing, and wasn't for suggestions.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Tribble is there for one reason and one reason only in this case... to make sure that the game works.... it doesn't need to be bug free... just needs to work.

Any suggestions to actually improve the content or ships or weapons is discounted out of hand... that's what their personally chosen fan club... I mean "small focus group" is supposedly for.. which from what I can tell either didn't do a damn thing or was pretty much ignored as well. Generally the response is... when you get a response at all... "It's too hard."

So tribble isn't for making improvement. Bugs as well tend to be ignored unless they are super game breaking. The bugs will get fixed.. what is it now... two weeks after it goes live... if at all... ever... until the bugs become "working as intended"... or they're suddenly declared exploitive a year and a half later from when they were released.

Can't really say this time tribble was for previewing content either, because all silvers were totally exluded from the content, the queues were mostly broken, and the new ships were restricted from everyone but their hand chosen fan club... I mean "small focus group".

Honestly I'm not exactly sure what Tribble was used for prior to Delta Rising this time around. Wasn't for bug testing, wasn't for previewing, and wasn't for suggestions.
    That incident involving the power leveling is as bad to cryptic as the game not functioning properly. Plus, Tribble is a test server, as in beta-test. The beta stage is when you use tester feedback to fine tune your product.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sorry, but this new "difficulty" isn't really difficulty. It's just more grind and lazy. People complained about it on Tribble. The complaints were very legit. But they were ignored and holo deck has to experience the ruined game play that only Tribble had to experience. For those who are not effected by this, let me spell it out, people were leaving CE Advanced 66% completed. PvE mission made unplayable. But there was a thread for feedback on the new "difficulty". They listened. They will make changes now. But what they have done was used Holodeck as a test server when they ran the same test on Tribble and got the same feedback. Yes, I know, MMOGs are normally incomplete and buggy. But this was something that could have been prevented if only they listened to their beta-testers.

The current conditions in pve endgame are so messed up that STO can hardly be enjoyed by veterans, casuals or new players.

My advice is instead of running lobi giveaways and event weekends simply restore endgame the way it was 2 weeks ago. Should not be hard to be implemented and I bet loyal customers would even “live” with the dil reward nerf. Cryptic’s boring ideas for enhanced difficulties should be restricted to some future elite mode and should not be forced upon everybody like it was done.

I think if they would only do this, many other problems would solve themselves over time.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That incident involving the power leveling is as bad to cryptic as the game not functioning properly. Plus, Tribble is a test server, as in beta-test. The beta stage is when you use tester feedback to fine tune your product.

Not in their eyes. People not being able to play the game means people not buying stuff from the C-Store, which means they don't make money. Bad.

Calling people a cheater doesn't really effect them because of all the apologetics and fan boys will still buy stuff, and in fact just to be the proper little fan boy more because they think they'll helping out a friend in need.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Not in their eyes. People not being able to play the game means people not buying stuff from the C-Store, which means they don't make money. Bad.

Calling people a cheater doesn't really effect them because of all the apologetics and fan boys will still buy stuff, and in fact just to be the proper little fan boy more because they think they'll helping out a friend in need.

Many parts of the game don't work properly. Lets take the Mac client for example. Sure they acknowledge the existence of the issue, but they haven't even bothered to note about it in the patch notes.