test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

opening reputation tab causes significant framerate loss.

durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I open the reputation tab, but do nothing else, my framerate drops significantly. This performance drop goes away as soon as I click on a box in a reputation in order to select an active project. It does not appear to matter if there's an active project in the box or not, nor does it matter what reputation i'm in or what box i select.

reproduction steps:

1. Log into my federation character(though as far as I know this applies to romulan and kdf characters too).
2. I am in sector space(though this does not seem to matter)
3. I press u to open my character window and clicked the reputation tab to move to that tab.
4. I observe my framerate go from 37 frames per second to 8 frames per second.

I should also note that a similar issue occurs with the skills tab. Just having the skills tab open(to my captain skills) causes a likewise framerate drop, down to 8 fps. Selecting individual skills has no effect on FPS, it remains low.
Post edited by durenas on

Comments

• aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just replicated this, and I my self have also noticed this issue. Which has been around for a LONG time. Press Alt+F12 to totally disable the HUD and your FPS will skyrocket, this proves, to me anyway that the HUD needs to be optimized.

Or the Rendering engine itself needs a complete overhaul which would be better actually with all the new content they have been throwing down the throat of the old engine. Complete DX11+ support with the ability to have backwards compatibility. Only issue is time, but they have more then enough of that and money isn't an issue, even if they state that it is, it actually isn't :P.

Hopefully the rumors of them overhauling the rendering engine are true cause STO needs one BAD! lolz.