test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug report system bugged.

sthom1968sthom1968 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I try to beam down to Nukara Prime I get an instant CTD as the map finishes loading. Game verification followed by a log in starts with me on the surface; any attempt to move then results in a CTD. Log in again; try and beam out: CTD. 4th log in (with game file verification after each CTD) and I start in space and can continue. Having exactly the same problem with the New Romulus Tier 5 rep mission in the underground ruins. You can look at any of my 4 characters on @sthom1968 for Nukara Prime, it happens to all of them. The New Romulus problem is happening on Siriol@sthom1968.

I have, of course, reported this via Cryptic's little pop-up that appears after a CTD. However, not only is nothing apparently being done about this, but the error reporter ALWAYS gives me the Error Ticket ID of 3520106. This makes me think that either the reports aren't getting through or it's a con-job from Cryptic/PWE to make us think they're addressing bugs rather than creating new ones.

So, is this a known issue? Is it going to be fixed?

The game is running on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with 12GB of RAM and a GTX750 Ti card using the latest drivers. The game has been verified MULTIPLE times, including force verification just in case.
Post edited by sthom1968 on

Comments

• Options
    eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've filled an issue about mail system failure on my acc (I cant send nor receive message) and i've already lost 5 zen bought master keys on the process. On the end of the submission of the isssue and ID was generated, but if i try to find it, the issue doesn't exist... so i guess it's the same problem :/
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Anyone from Cryptic reading these? Do I leave it here and hope for the best, submit multiple (ignored) tickets (through a seemingly broken system) in game, or just cut my losses and cancel my subscription? I pay for games to entertain me, not irritate me, and at the moment the problems are just irritating me.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    sthom1968 wrote: »
    When I try to beam down to Nukara Prime I get an instant CTD as the map finishes loading. Game verification followed by a log in starts with me on the surface; any attempt to move then results in a CTD. Log in again; try and beam out: CTD. 4th log in (with game file verification after each CTD) and I start in space and can continue. Having exactly the same problem with the New Romulus Tier 5 rep mission in the underground ruins. You can look at any of my 4 characters on @sthom1968 for Nukara Prime, it happens to all of them. The New Romulus problem is happening on Siriol@sthom1968.

I have, of course, reported this via Cryptic's little pop-up that appears after a CTD. However, not only is nothing apparently being done about this, but the error reporter ALWAYS gives me the Error Ticket ID of 3520106. This makes me think that either the reports aren't getting through or it's a con-job from Cryptic/PWE to make us think they're addressing bugs rather than creating new ones.

So, is this a known issue? Is it going to be fixed?

The game is running on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with 12GB of RAM and a GTX750 Ti card using the latest drivers. The game has been verified MULTIPLE times, including force verification just in case.

The Cryptic Error Tracker number is linked to a specific Crash event rather than providing a new number for each incident. That's why you get the same number each time.

I'll pass this information on. Thanks for the report and for including the Error Tracker number.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Cryptic Error Tracker number is linked to a specific Crash event rather than providing a new number for each incident. That's why you get the same number each time.

I'll pass this information on. Thanks for the report and for including the Error Tracker number.

Lovely. Thanks for clarifying that, I'll keep an eye out, but it's definitely the same error tracker number whether it's Nukara Prime or either of the New Romulus missions, do there must be some sort of link.