test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has Anyone Defeated This Thing ?!?

hornet6hornet6 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
I have been fighting the Voth Holographic Bulwark Battleship in the "Helping Hands" episode in Delta for literally days now. I have gotten it to 25% once or twice in my initial alpha but have not beaten it. I have tried staying behind it, moving behind the shield it throws up but cannot defeat it. My T6 ship has decent weapons (MkI, Mk II mix, yes I know weapons could be better) and an Atbtty build with 3 purple tech doffs etc. This thing seems unkillable. Any suggestions?
ANOTHER NERF !?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hornet6 on

Comments

• Options
    dunmovyndunmovyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I played it on elite, and it was difficult. The last 20% is trouble.

Suggest you get better weapons, and play it on normal mode.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I let him wound me and then called in a Typhoon Class Battleship to assist. Once I repaired myself and returned to fight, the two of us took him down pretty quick.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hornet6 wrote: »
    I have been fighting the Voth Holographic Bulwark Battleship in the "Helping Hands" episode in Delta for literally days now. I have gotten it to 25% once or twice in my initial alpha but have not beaten it. I have tried staying behind it, moving behind the shield it throws up but cannot defeat it. My T6 ship has decent weapons (MkI, Mk II mix, yes I know weapons could be better) and an Atbtty build with 3 purple tech doffs etc. This thing seems unkillable. Any suggestions?

O.o

Please tell me that's a typo and you mean Mk 11 and Mk 12.

If not, then I think I found your problem.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's a pretty tough enemy indeed. Which is quite understandable since it's the only enemy on the map ;)

I had some trouble with it too, while doing the mission on my ground character that has mk xii purple phaser arrays and blue and green mk xii phaser consoles. Eventually I managed to defeat it by using hit-and-run attacks with that special Vaadwaur cluster torpedo and calling in a lot of photonic friends.

If you are destroyed, then leave the mission and restart. The Doctor helps you and deals considerable damage to the ship after 'you've proven your worth'. But the holo ship will quickly heal itself if you're killed.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014

my excelsior typically is no match for the bulwark, however the rmc i got from that livesteam event not long ago has given my ship the needed oomph! it can destroy that thing much easier now. i knew it would happen that a few would be destroyed by the holoship and an occasional question asked as i mentioned on tribble forum not long ago about this very issue.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has Anyone Defeated This Thing ?!?
    That's what SHE said.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol .. I am stuck here. Being science i don't exactly have dps.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I was on my Sci character too, the one that I mainly use for ground missions. I didn't have very good gear, but with certain tactics you can do it. The Vaadwaur torpedo cluster deals a lot of damage through shields so you may want to try using that. Or try using things like gravity wells.

Using photonic fleet as often as possible can also be a great help.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    risian4 wrote: »
    I was on my Sci character too, the one that I mainly use for ground missions. I didn't have very good gear, but with certain tactics you can do it. The Vaadwaur torpedo cluster deals a lot of damage through shields so you may want to try using that. Or try using things like gravity wells.

Using photonic fleet as often as possible can also be a great help.

was gonna suggest control effects and lots of direct hull damage abilities and loadouts. still think the dyson torp spread, gw, viral, sub nuc and tractor beams in conjuction with sensors scan and maybe tt and eptw or epta would be enough. but im sure there are far more efficient and destructive means out there.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Use as many different BOff powers as you have, that's the trick to the mission. It even tells you this.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Again, I say, O.o

Here's a high damage s ience build for you:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=nebulahus_0

Look I to exotic particles. Science does fantastic damage if you want it to.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014

"MkI and MkII mix"?

IMHO, start with Mk X (at minimum) within Delta Quadrant missions, preferably higher.

I'm assuming "Mk I and MkII" are typos; T6 ships come with default Mk X weapons.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm SCI in a Science ship and didn't have much trouble with it /shrug
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again, I say, O.o

Here's a high damage science build for you:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=nebulahus_0

Look I to exotic particles. Science does fantastic damage if you want it to.

gavinruneblade, if this is your Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit, I'm really impressed. Very nice build. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    gavinruneblade, if this is your Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit, I'm really impressed. Very nice build. :D

Not mine, I don't recall the person who pointed me to the link but I bookmarked it immediately. Since I got the nebula free in the last giveaway I have been looking for something to do with it.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not mine, I don't recall the person who pointed me to the link but I bookmarked it immediately. Since I got the nebula free in the last giveaway I have been looking for something to do with it.

Hmm interesting. I might try it out but it will take some time to get some of the items. At the moment I am pouring all marks/dilithium into the dauntless.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just in general, he's slow as hell and has no friends to get you off his back, so pick a side or aft arc and just pound through him. You're bound to be faster than he is and able to control the location of the fight, and most of his genuinely-dangerous stuff is front arc, so use your advantage.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I completed it but in an Aehlal with full purple Rom Plasma Beams and everything Mk 12 purple it too two hours to kill.

Had to dance around it's aft and sides the whole time, and use the Rom Fleet Support ability to draw agro away 3 times in the final continuous 50 minute battle. I do a respectable 15-16K DPS on multiple targets, but on a single target I'm pulling about 9-10K by the looks of things.

It's not that hard, just long and tedious without Mk 14 Epics.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I defeated that thing. Finished the all current story missions with my Fed-aligned Rom.
  • Options
    iueras1iueras1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Was this thing hard for some? Took it down without any more difficulty than anything else in DR (high hull HP) with my sci captain in a t5 retrofit intrepid (not t5u or fleet) torp boat using transphasics. Didn't take much longer than the average DR battleship it seemed. This was on advanced, not elite, though. Dunno what difficulty the OP was playing at.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I played the mission on normal mode and ripped it in two easily. Tactical Odyssey (5-U) with MK12 rep and fleet gear.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know how people are beating easily on elite. I couldn't beat it on normal in my Faeht without calling in fleet support. I was mostly in mark 11s with few of mark 12s. Anyways point being calling in the Cruiser when you are at 50% health helps a lot. I just let the Hapaax do most of the work and then finished the voth ship.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    grravergrraver Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People could also try a transphasic torpedo setup to kill enemies that have heavy shields. It will take a while, but if you keep firing those transphasics (like the breen 8 sec torpedoes) you will eventually kill anything.

I myself have a sci boat with gravwell 3 and transphasic torpedoes all round. It has aux cannons and a 360 array for disabling subsystems. All power goes in aux and shields, for healing, defence and gravwells.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scitransphasic_0
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A crappily built Voth Palisade (almost all the weapons came with the ship itself, just swapped out the fore DBB and replaced one of the aft beams with the Vaadwaur torpedo) managed to blast the thing to bits.

Mind you, it is absolutely vital that you call in a Typhoon (or your faction's equivalent) as soon as you can and stay well away from the ship's fore arc to avoid getting caught in a gravity well. If you do not do either of those, your sanity may suffer. Greatly.

Edit: I do, however, play on Normal, so...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tend to circle strafe them. Voth have issues firing on enemies that don't hold still.

Oh and gravwelling them is good. Voth battleships don't even TRY to move out of GW.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People had trouble with this thing, eh? LOL!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are ya'll for real? I think I played this one on Advanced, was playing Elite but I got sick of the stupid high health bars so I dropped it down to just finish the darn things. No danger even on Elite really, just incredibly long, boring fights. This thing wasn't even close to a challenge, doubt it took more than a minute or so.
  • Options
    cliftona91cliftona91 Member Posts: 254
    edited October 2014
    I just used Gravity Well and Eject Warp Plasma and anything else I had and it went down quickly. Temporal Science Vessel, Mk 12 Romulan Plasma Beams, Omega/Romulan Plasma Torpedoes, etc.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought it was pretty easy, did it in Advanced though and not elite. on my T5-u Scimitar at the time had 3 fleet plasma DBB's forward, 2 MK XIV"s and a MkXIII, the rom exp Plasma BA MK XIII, the rom hyper plasma torp mk XIII........ fleet plasma turret MK XIII, Kinetic cutting beam mk XIII and Omega torp mk XII aft. in my 4 tac consoels I had 3 MK XIV fleet vulnerability locators [plasma], 1 fleet vulnerability exploiter Mk XIV [plasma], and the.... in engineering thee armor consoles, one monatanium fleet Mk XIV, and two neutronium one mk XIV one Mk XIII, the XIV boosting hull HP and teh XIII hull regen (in total I have about 50% kinetic resist, and then about 34% energy resist on all energy types). my other 4 slots are occupies by the Omega rep module, the Zero point module from the Rom rep, and 2 of the 3 scimitar consoles (only one I don't use is the cloaked barrage; but I have the maneuvering boost, the secondary shield, and the shields while cloaked), hangar are advanced rom drones. I use them to draw aggro. Running two pieces of the borg assimilated space set (deflector and engine), mk XIII on the deflector,Mk XII on the engine, and the MACO set shield (MK XIV). with a rating of 30% acc, 26.4% crith and 101.6% critd, and had about 3 points to pilor specialization at the time.

Decloaking Alpha strikes and griefing it with my drones and GW.