test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could a Dev please advise

tupperswearingtupperswearing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi, could a Dev please advise how fast we can level a toon from 50 to 60 before it is considered exploiting the game?

Thanks in Advance
Post edited by tupperswearing on

Comments

• Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1 level every 3 hours. Go any faster and we'll roll Yo' azz back to level 50... Good day...

(i'm joking, but still. be careful)
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how about as fast as you can without knowingly using an exploit?
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how about as fast as you can without knowingly using an exploit?

How about you try posting on the forum without being an instigating troll?

What are you, a dental? Or just Geko in disguise?
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh for Q's sake are we really going to keep crying about this?

Tau Dewa patrols weren't acting right, now they're fixed. No matter what term you or the devs use, fact is we were taking advantage of content that wasn't working as intended. Call it what you will.

Don't get me wrong, it's still Cryptic's fault - this was a known issue reported on Tribble, and it should have been patched up there. That doesn't absolve us of exploiting it, though.
  • Options
    captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi, could a Dev please advise how fast we can level a toon from 50 to 60 before it is considered exploiting the game?

Why do you need to level? (past 50)

Nothing in this game requires you to level, other than the elite content, do you have all MK XIV gear? Then do not worry about leveling.

A better question is... Why does God need a star ship?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Oh for Q's sake are we really going to keep crying about this?

Are you serious??

This isn't going away.

Cryptic STOLE time and work away from a VAST portion of their playerbase.

They crossed a line, and we're not going to shut up soon.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Everyone needs a starship :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    They crossed a line...

This. This is why I am so angry.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you serious??

This isn't going away.

Yeah I've done a smidge more reading since that post and it seems people who never touched Tau Dewa are getting hit, which is inexcusable.

That still doesn't mean those of us who did do Tau Dewa weren't exploiting a flaw, and it doubly means Cryptic is to blame when all is said and done. They knew about the issue beforehand and they're inadvertently punishing people who had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you serious??

This isn't going away.

Smirk is on vacation, please leave a message at the beep... *beep*

Now go cry in the corner with the Firefall players.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Best way to level without being marked as an exploiter is to avoid getting XP at all. Do. Not. Shoot. A. Thing. Avoid getting XP like the plague. That way you'll be a good, proud and decent player!
  • Options
    eirinsaneirinsan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised they haven't shut all these threads down yet. The only ones they'll keep open will be the ones with the imbeciles fawning over Cryptic's **** on a platter they've given us. Never mind all the liars and cheaters working for the company, only people who play the game are capable of being 'guilty'.

Definitely expect it. "Oh, you don't like what we do? Spam" --delete--.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    right, let me write this down so I don't forget, bunch of players exploit tau dewa...cryptic are the cheaters

there, my book of illogical statements is almost complete
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you're hoping to get something out of being someone's ***** boy, don't count on it.

You can't even count on two hands the amount of 'exploits' that exist in the game, and yet it's this one thing that they go ape **** on and nerf one of the basic concepts of an MMO, grinding, power levelling, whatever you want to call it. And not only that, but steal the effort of players who spent so much time doing it, even people who weren't doing the patrol missions in Tau Dewa.

Who's the real cheat?
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Yeah I've done a smidge more reading since that post and it seems people who never touched Tau Dewa are getting hit, which is inexcusable.

That still doesn't mean those of us who did do Tau Dewa weren't exploiting a flaw, and it doubly means Cryptic is to blame when all is said and done. They knew about the issue beforehand and they're inadvertently punishing people who had nothing to do with it.

The fact they knew about it, had it reported on tribble, did nothing about it, then blamed players for using it is the problem. It they hand't known about it fair enough, that's an exploit, the fact they left it unaddressed highlights it was intentional. Punitive measures shouldn't have been considered as it was their fault. If they were going to be punitive on the Spec trees (they already removed the dil for leveling beyond the spec tree) they should have recompensed the players in another form as it was CRYPTIC's fault.

Oh and if a game makes leveling so unrewarding and boring as they have for DR, I'm not surprised people found a way round it. Oddly it was also some of the most engaging and fun gameplay I've had in the game, pugging with randoms who weren't acting like tossers normally do when doing the old Elite STF's, but were genuinely happy and enjoying the game.

Great ****ing PR.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its hilarious how all the defenders of this "exploiter correction" say they sympathize for the innocent people that had points taken, but it was worth it to catch those dastardly guys who had max yada yada yada.

Guess what. Tons of people STILL have way more points than they should, and if EVEN ONE innocent person got affected, it was the wrong thing to do.

So its a double whammy of fail.

Innocent people got affected, and not all the "exploiters" did.

How many Starship captains from the shows would have a made a decision like that?

Ask yourself this if you are an innocent person affected by this, which guy with max specialization got to keep it cause I was affected instead.

Then ask yourself why are you even still here.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    solspot wrote: »
    Guess what. Tons of people STILL have way more points than they should, and if EVEN ONE innocent person got affected, it was the wrong thing to do.

Nice to see a refreshing attitude, in the midsts of a world that is becoming more coldly consequentialist every day.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The fact they knew about it, had it reported on tribble, did nothing about it, then blamed players for using it is the problem. It they hand't known about it fair enough, that's an exploit, the fact they left it unaddressed highlights it was intentional. Punitive measures shouldn't have been considered as it was their fault. If they were going to be punitive on the Spec trees (they already removed the dil for leveling beyond the spec tree) they should have recompensed the players in another form as it was CRYPTIC's fault.

Oh and if a game makes leveling so unrewarding and boring as they have for DR, I'm not surprised people found a way round it. Oddly it was also some of the most engaging and fun gameplay I've had in the game, pugging with randoms who weren't acting like tossers normally do when doing the old Elite STF's, but were genuinely happy and enjoying the game.

Great ****ing PR.

and that's pretty much the main line i'm seeing a lot of

"it was ok to use the exploit because to new stuff is boring"

"it was ok to use the exploit because they knew and didn't fix it"

granted they should have fixed it but I still don't see how that excuses those that used it. if anything it further shows their guilty minds as it was already reported
  • Options
    edited October 2014

granted they should have fixed it but I still don't see how that excuses those that used it. if anything it further shows their guilty minds as it was already reported

Its funny how you conveniently ignore the innocent people affected by this, you dont even care in your war against the exploiters and complainers about those who did NOTHING wrong yet had their TIME STOLEN unfairly, while still many a max spec captain still flies around.

It must be nice living in the world with your blinders.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm fairly certain he's a mole or a sycophant hoping for some kind of quid pro quo from the developers for his 'loyalty'. lol

Blinders, indeed.
  • Options
    zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And your comment further shows the total ignorance of some people regarding current messed-up situation. Many people (like myself) have lost lots of specialization points despite having not done any TD grinding, while others who leveled their characters and their specializations to maximum didn't lose a thing.
    The real irony is that I didn't do any such "power-leveling" before, however unless this bug is fixed or at very least acknowledged, I will likely find myself doing power-leveling just to get back all the specialization points I lost to that bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    as I see it....knowingly or not ppl were awarded more points than they were supposed to, that has been corrected (supposedly) maybe you should stop seeing it as points "taken away" as apposed to "never had" :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    eirinsan wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain he's a mole or a sycophant hoping for some kind of quid pro quo from the developers for his 'loyalty'. lol

Blinders, indeed.

shhhh, you'll break my cover
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    as I see it....knowingly or not ppl were awarded more points than they were supposed to, that has been corrected (supposedly) maybe you should stop seeing it as points "taken away" as apposed to "never had" :cool:

So you're saying they never ran those missions? They never invested their time into grinding? They never paid an opportunity cost by running those missions instead of something else? They never bought XP tokens and ran a strategy to make the most of it?

Basically... the work they did do... just never happened?

It's not their fault Cryptic screwed up. Cryptic has no moral authority to invalidate their work and their investment.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited October 2014

To carry his luggage. Do you have any idea how many knickknacks and figurines one amasses over an eternity?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So you're saying they never ran those missions? They never invested their time into grinding? They never paid an opportunity cost by running those missions instead of something else? They never bought XP tokens and ran a strategy to make the most of it?

Basically... the work they did do... just never happened?

It's not their fault Cryptic screwed up. Cryptic has no moral authority to invalidate their work and their investment.

i'm saying if the bank makes a mistake and credits your account more than they should you cant just say " well too bad, my money now" , they correct the mistake and reduce the amount

they ran the missions and got the (now) correct amount of exp, they are just not happy because for a second there they thought they won the lottery
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i'm saying if the bank makes a mistake and credits your account more than they should you cant just say " well too bad, my money now" , they correct the mistake and reduce the amount

they ran the missions and got the (now) correct amount of exp, they are just not happy because for a second there they thought they won the lottery

Would it be alright if you while you were at the bank one day to do whatever, it was robbed, and to compensate, the bank emptied everyones accounts who was in there, because they might have been accomplices.

Would you keep banking there?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

If the bank makes a mistake, and that mistake directly misleads me into making a malinvestment, I certainly think I'm entitled to have those damages covered.

You can't go around costing people time, money and effort; without accepting accountability.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If the bank makes a mistake, and that mistake directly misleads me into making a malinvestment, I certainly think I'm entitled to have those damages covered.

You can't go around costing people time, money and effort; without accepting accountability.

you invested time, you got back a return, just not as much as you wanted