test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[BUG] Cannot change BoFF skills

sylarforeversylarforever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I attempted to submit a ticket on this issue, but the representative clearly had no idea what my issue was and gave me a generic response on the matter.

Since character creation, I have not been able to change my Boff skills. I cannot use a trainer, I cannot train them in skills I have earned, and I cannot use other bridge officers to train my current ones. My space skills and ground skills are locked entirely. I have only been playing story missions, so I fail to see how I could have possibly done something out of order.

This is what I see when I try to train my officers:

http://imgur.com/FTfV9wM

As you can see, all greyed out. Sometimes they don't even show up at all. This is extremely annoying considering I prefer to use cannons, and my lieutenant is slotted with Beam Fire at Will and I cannot change it.

Please fix this immediately.

Oddity of oddities. After continuing my story, I reach a point where I am taken to Qo'onos. I decided to speak to the Boff Trainer there. I can change my skills using that trainer, but I am still unable to train them as a captain, or use other officers to train current ones.
Post edited by sylarforever on

Comments

• Options
    grifterrik23grifterrik23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have this issue as well with a KDF aligned Romulan. Can't train BOFFs either through captain interface or through BOFF trainer.

Submitted a ticket and was told "I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue."

Doesn't help though, this character is essentially unplayable until I can train my boffs.
  • Options
    vormagnonvormagnon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is still a problem and haven't seen it in the known issues. Cannot train BOFFs using my KDF aligned Romulan. Cannot train BOFFs at Romulus Command, however, can train BOFFs at Qu'nos (First CIty).
  • Options
    goldnugget1goldnugget1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    +1! cannot train any skills on my kdf aligned romulan
  • Options
    sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have reported through every in game complaint ticket, and since you responded to tell me,

"Please be assured that our developers will investigate the issue, however, it is not possible for us to determine when the issue will be fixed. This is why we recommend posting in our Quality Corner so it can be looked at by our QA and Development teams.

We truly appreciate you playing and supporting our games!"

So, exactly what must I do and how much more money must I spend before I can at bare minimum get the game to work? I cannot find a "quality corner," and your "help" has never helped me, or anyone in my fleet. I'm tempted to contact pay pal and tell them I got ripped off over $3000 from this game!

Look, all I want is for the game to at least work. I cannot train my boffs on my KDF Romulan. It doesn't get any more simple and complete of an explanation than that! I cannot keep a "loadout" on my ship if my life depended on it, again making it impossible to play! Let's see, warp to Infected Space and wait!!! Mr. Borg, I need 5 minutes to re organize my tray!

I and others have begged and pleaded with you. For the love of Star Trek, please, please fix this game before we all leave and boldly go to, I don't know, Star Citizen?
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • Options
    misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Romulan KDF can be trained at Qu'nos . It would be nice to be fixed butbitvis not the end of the world, just have to travel a little bit
  • Options
    sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, you can train your boffs at Quonos and not New Romulous, sometimes...but you haven't been able to use your toons special training abilities, such as DEM III or Engineering Team III since the new Delta season thing.
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • Options
    goldnugget1goldnugget1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gg sto =( :confused::confused:
  • Options
    flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A buddy mentioned having this problem a few days ago and sure enough it was the same on my kdf romulans also.