test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People are missing Spec points. XP rewards crippled. Why is the server still up?

dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Where is the emergency matinenance that clearly needs to happen?

Also what was the thought process behind "people are complaining that they have to grind stuff between story missions, so we reduce xp for everything even more?"
STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
S08: coming soon
Post edited by dichtbringer on

Comments

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well if u play the story on ELITE you dont need to^^

but I see that not every1 can or is willed to do that

so YEAh why r the servers still up? I want my 8 points back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They probably haven't isolated the code bits and/or figured out how to fix it, so the servers stay up until they get the data they need.

Of course, it's not like we have any kind of an update to know what they are actually aware of.
  • Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »

but I see that not every1 can or is willed to do that

When DR hit the first thing I did was play the story through on Elite. It took quite a while, and even on Elite the mission xp was not enough to get me through every level, even though the amount of remaining xp required was quite low, easily doable with doffing and the occassional queue.

With the xp as they are now I fully expect to be short to next level even on elite mode by approx 60% of xp needed.

Normal will be even worse (you will probably need to grind 80% of a level), and grinding itself is also much much slower now. I don't know what they were possibly thinking. Everyone was outraged at this already and they made it SEVERELY WORSE while lying in their patch notes saying that XP rewards would be increased. I don't have the words for the level of incompetence and stupidity Cryptic has summoned here.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still got all mine. R&D timers are still ticking away, bank and inventory are still busting at the seams, heck- even my rep timers are still counting down to T5 pop 4 hours from now.
    :confused:

Somethings wrong- everything is working as intended.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When DR hit the first thing I did was play the story through on Elite. It took quite a while, and even on Elite the mission xp was not enough to get me through every level, even though the amount of remaining xp required was quite low, easily doable with doffing and the occassional queue.

With the xp as they are now I fully expect to be short to next level even on elite mode by approx 60% of xp needed.

Normal will be even worse (you will probably need to grind 80% of a level), and grinding itself is also much much slower now. I don't know what they were possibly thinking. Everyone was outraged at this already and they made it SEVERELY WORSE while lying in their patch notes saying that XP rewards would be increased. I don't have the words for the level of incompetence and stupidity Cryptic has summoned here.

Couldn't agree more, I did a KSA earlier with fleet mates and although we didn't get the optional, cause everything still has too many hp's. The only way to beat it and get the optional is if your entire team can do 15k dps or higher, but back to my point after completing checked my lvl progress and only gained 1,500 skill points for KSA. That is just completely and utterly ridiculous. At the rate that the skill points are awarded now it will be sometime after Christmas before I reach level 60. FIX IT!!!!
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    but back to my point after completing checked my lvl progress and only gained 1,500 skill points for KSA. That is just completely and utterly ridiculous. At the rate that the skill points are awarded now it will be sometime after Christmas before I reach level 60. FIX IT!!!!

I believe that's working as intended. How is Cryptic going to sell skill point boosts if its easy to gain levels? The small boost got nerfed as well...smh

Players need to stop pouring money into this game.
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Also what was the thought process behind "people are complaining that they have to grind stuff between story missions, so we reduce xp for everything even more?"

this ^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »

Yes, you really do.

Battleships in Elite DR patrols are worth around 500xp - half what they were worth pre-patch. Which basically means that the Patrol X Systems missions in the DR story are even worse than they were pre-patch because you can't level up by doing them.

But yeah. Emergency Maintainence please - one that un-applies all XP nerfs.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Based on the patch notes versus what people are describing of the reality, it almost looks like one of the coders flipped a value on the XP, or put in a divide operator instead of a multiply. See, the patch notes suggest that there is a relationship between skill points and experience points. This value was previously set at XP being 1.75 x that of skill points and was supposed to increase to XP being 2 x the constant. To NOT get that result means one of the three components of the equation has gone wrong: the constant (skill points), the operator (add, subtract, multiply, divide), or the XP multiplier.

Now, I have seen posts suggesting an XP loss of 70% as opposed to the expected boost.

Which does raise an intriguing mathematical possibility.

Old equation: 1 Skill * 1.75 = 1.75 XP
    Expected equation: 1 Skill * 2 = 2 XP

What I suspect: 1 Skill / 2 = .5 XP

Now let's check out how the old XP compares to what this type of mistake would cause the game to do.

Take .5 and divide it by 1.75. This shows us that .5 is 28.57% of the previous XP value--which translates into a 71.42% loss of XP!!!

Granted there ARE other ways for this error to have occurred. And I have not done a rigorous test on the XP before and after to be able to say for myself that the reported loss figure is correct. But this result is so strikingly close to the report of a 70% loss that I think it merits investigating. Just switch that divide back into a multiply and you'll be back in business.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Reduced to 26/60 points when logging in, never went to japori once...and the real kicker, my doffing alt that was sitting in patrols mooching exp is still at 51/60 spec points, no reset at all.

What the hell is going on?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    The hand of Q ensuring that you work much, much harder for anything in the future.

How I'm feeling.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this has killed my alts. my main made 60..... i.... i just can't do that a gain with these XP levels

can we jsut get rid of level 60 and revert back to 50 being end game this is not fun having to painfully grind mobs just to play the new content then get punished when we do this is just... no
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2014

+1,000,000 (Or would that be using an exploit?)
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fuglass wrote: »
    +1,000,000 (Or would that be using an exploit?)

Lol.

Very telling that no one has made any type of response to this. Just an edited version of Trendy's original post. I think they know they royally messed up.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    Lol.

Very telling that no one has made any type of response to this. Just an edited version of Trendy's original post. I think they know they royally messed up.

I did not see where even that edited repost you refer to occurred. Where did that happen?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    I did not see where even that edited repost you refer to occurred. Where did that happen?

They edited the OP here ~6 hours later in basically the shadiest ****ing method you could use to add information

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20137901&postcount=1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Again poorly-handled PR. But I am finding it unfortunate that people are not even considering the other possibility that it wasn't malice and that some things could well be mistakes. Bad mistakes pointing to major problems in the QA process that we have known about for quite some time...but not some sort of hateful moustache-twirling "We hate the players--TRIBBLE all y'all!" thing.

• Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree it looks like a mere mistake as supported by the numbers. I agree with your assesment. Looks like someone made a bobo when re-inputting the modifications to the xp modifier. Now how long before they read this or randomly discover their mistake is the real question?!
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eardianm wrote: »
    They edited the OP here ~6 hours later in basically the shadiest ****ing method you could use to add information

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20137901&postcount=1

I Was not even in the "buged/closed maps" and missing an additional 17 spec points since the "Patch/Nerf"...they was like here have 10 not the 27 I grinded all in the new delta maps.

Thanks DEVs and I bet this will never get fixed for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]