test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing specialization points

captmasoncaptmason Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Upon logging in after the 10/23/14 update I went from 22 specialization points that took me 60 some hours to get to the 10 for achieving level 60.
Executive Officer of the 1279th Imperial Assault Command
Fleet Admiral Mason
Post edited by captmason on

Comments

• Options
    echel0nechel0n Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here. I had 20 Points now only 11.
  • Options
    markb1975markb1975 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I lost 4 spec points and all of mine are unallocated now. (Relk@Relk)
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    8 points are missing for my main.. havnt chekced my others yet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same here lost at least 6 skill points
  • Options
    specialk174specialk174 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I went from 22 down to 12!!!

Thanks for this cryptic
  • Options
    oldlordskull73oldlordskull73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Indeed. Missing 8 of them myself. I ran so many STFs to get those points!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    westergardwestergard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same goes for me, I'd finished the space specialization for intel and was down to 12 pts after update, and was also required to respec my captain as my skills were "invalid". Did anyone else have this issue as well?
  • Options
    amuroray82amuroray82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    not a bug,

the answer i got from ticket submission, its a general points removal for "exploits"

Thanks for contacting us!

I understand that you're inquiring about Specialization Points. We apologize for any confusion. Points were removed as part of a fix for exploits on some maps. The points were then recalculated and adjusted accordingly.

Kindly refer to the Release Notes below:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9001443-release-notes%3A-october-23rd%2C-2014
    We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,
    Raigin-Lv
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    captmasoncaptmason Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    amuroray82 wrote: »
    not a bug,

the answer i got from ticket submission, its a general points removal for "exploits"

Thanks for contacting us!

I understand that you're inquiring about Specialization Points. We apologize for any confusion. Points were removed as part of a fix for exploits on some maps. The points were then recalculated and adjusted accordingly.

Kindly refer to the Release Notes below:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9001443-release-notes%3A-october-23rd%2C-2014
    We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,
    Raigin-Lv
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

That would be fine with me if it were not for the fact that I obtained mine from DQ Patrols and Kobali Prime. As far as I could tell according to those patch notes it was in response to the bug in Tau Dewa.
    Executive Officer of the 1279th Imperial Assault Command
    Fleet Admiral Mason
  • Options
    amuroray82amuroray82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dude,

they dont care,

it's not possible to know each individual effort to gain skill points, the best way is general cut on all players who are far and above the average levels and kick them back to the "average level"

so from my case, they think 60 + 9 levels for 8 days of grinding since delta rising is acceptable

exploits ? Tau Dewa has always been repeatable. what's the best way to gain daily romulan marks ? 5x Carraya for me, and with 4 other people, at elite, it yielded the maximum skill points reward

This would start the trend to punish players for finding out the best way to gain rewards, and everything which doesnt suit their view of acceptable results will be considered "exploits"

kinda reminds me of an article on American education system some time ago

a game company, which for their own "mistake", punishes their own customers (players)

How long do you want STO to survive in MMO market ? is a question i'd like to ask to Cryptic/PWE
  • Options
    mrwiggles26mrwiggles26 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I dont buy the "exploit" being the reason for all of the spec loss. I just got to the last tier yesterday and all of my soec points are gone. Whats more is I havent done a single romulan sector mission. That being said this BETTER be a bug that they plann to correct, I didnt grind my TRIBBLE off just so they could take it all away on a whim because of some lazy exploiters.