test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After all this TRIBBLE PW is sending out....

2»

Comments

• kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of all companies to think of...Bioware is the best you come up with?

Anyway, it's highly unlikely even after STO is all but gone another company would try to make another Star Trek MMO. There'll be more Star Trek type games, but I doubt you'll see anymore MMO style.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BioWare is no better than PWE anymore, at least in regards to MMO's.

Actually, IMO they are worse, at least STO allows you to trade in-game items for zen and you do not NEED to buy zen related stuff to participate in endgame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    I am a Bioware fangurl from way back, and while I think they'd do a FANTASTIC job with the ST license, I'd rather them work on their IP and KoTOR III (fingers crossed please please please please please please YOU HAVE THE SW LICENSE BACK GET TO WORK!!!!)

But yeah, it's not the same Bioware as it used to be, hardly any of the old crew that made the company so great are gone, Ray and Greg being the obvious. I only know a couple of OG guys who are still there, unfortunately. :(

BioWare has already messed up one huge SciFi IP. We don't need them messing with this. As bad as things are with PW, BW would be much worse!!!
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    do i detect a tinge of racism here? Surely you're not saying that just because a company is of Chinese origin that it is somehow inferior cheaper worse that a company that is of American origin right?

How is that racism? EA is a worthless american company. If i had used a racist insult to describe Perfect World being a chinese company then it would be racism.

The Star Trek IP should be given to Blizzard.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BioWare is no better than PWE anymore, at least in regards to MMO's.

Actually, IMO they are worse, at least STO allows you to trade in-game items for zen and you do not NEED to buy zen related stuff to participate in endgame.

For F2P bioware is worse but for sub v sub I consider bioware so much better. At least there is no zen/dili involved in highend gear and it is earned not sold. At least for me they got it right by far.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    The Star Trek IP should be given to Blizzard.

Nooooooooooo. Blizzard can make amazing gameplay, but their story department is terrible. We don't need Captain Shon to become Andorian Jesus.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited October 2014
    nevi1 wrote: »
    For F2P bioware is worse but for sub v sub I consider bioware so much better. At least there is no zen/dili involved in highend gear and it is earned not sold. At least for me they got it right by far.

not really, when you are billing yourself as Free 2 Play, that means you should be able to play the game FREE. in SWTOR, you cannot compete in endgame without endgame gear, of which you cannot use without paying money.

In STO, you can use the Free T5 ship you get and do perfectly fine in all aspects of the game. Then there are all the events to give out endgame ships, and teh fact you can earn the zen by simply playing the game.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BioWare is DEAD to me. :mad:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bioware when it went under EA have become a mess, just look at Mass Effect 3 when it was released and there were a huge backlash from their fans which felt the game was rushed by EA... so i don't think that Bioware currently is the best choice unless they breakoff from EA and do things like they used to do.

I don't think the problem is PWE since they are ones that manages Cryptic money and set certain guidelines for Cryptic to follow, for an example put in Lock Boxes... but when it comes to content of all types that part falls to Cryptic... Bugs, Nerf's, Non-faction Alien Ships, Story, Grind, favoring one faction over the others, etc... is what Cryptic Lead Dev's choose to do and/or allowed things to happen or stay as it is, which in their minds this is the best way to run STO.

For me i personally i believe that Blizzard could run STO better than Cryptic... since unlike Cryptic, they don't tend to be bias towards only a single faction while there is other factions out there, nor would they make an excuse like ''The Feds got more players, therefor they get more stuff''... also they can handle bugs better than Cryptic ever can
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014

For me i personally i believe that Blizzard could run STO better than Cryptic... since unlike Cryptic, they don't tend to be bias towards only a single faction

Ah ha...Ahahaha....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*falls off captain's chair, laughing*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually there are plenty of bioware players who would disagree with you right now. There's quite a number of threads on their most recent patch as well where players are not too happy with that company.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At this point, and especially after what I've seen this last year, I wouldn't mind any other combination taking the ST IP from PWE/Cryptic.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TOR 249 mill voice acting 1mill game development... Go Bioware...lol
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As I understand it.. PWE are the ones who kept Cryptic Marketing from doing things like paid 'content packs'. Certainly, I do not like the direction this game is(and has been) going; however, I don't think I'd really trust any other publisher to not make things even worse.

The only other MMOs I really have any 'respect'(if you can call it that) for these days are Guild Wars 2, Rift and EVE Online.
  • chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    CD Projekt.
    ~Megamind@Sobekeus
    edited October 2014
    chainfall wrote: »
    CD Projekt.

is a company that is completely overhyped and wil likely be no different than any other company, no better, and if anything worse than many.

The game is 1000000% overhyped, if you actually belive the dribble they are trying to feed you on how awesome their game is going to be, prepared to be MASSIVELY disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.