What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - October 21, 2014

Comments

• Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the rewards are increased on completion of optional....does this mean they are truly option all again?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok. Fine with that. But isn't some R&D materials only available through elites?

Wouldn't that make doing elites the only way to get the materials necessary to get the weapons necessary to compete in Elites?

Cue the music from Terry Gilliam's Brazil...

Or, have better R&D drops from Advanced? Just a thought.

R&D drops in all queues. Just different type/kind per difficulty
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    110%= Enemies will have 10% more hp..Not that insane.. The notes also say slightly if you don't believe me..

Considering they said they were dropping hp % by 40% earlier ; I wouldn't call 40% slight.

Secondly, 10% might not sound like much; until you see a 22million hull borg cube. 10% ends up being a lot.
  • Options
    nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how about a Fix or even a Mention about Romulan Captains unable to Train Bridge officers..

Captain training is completely Impossible. ( oh you have 3-6 pts in this skill and unlocked training for skill III - to bad you cant do anything -

And the only working NPCS are the ones that are on ESD / first city
  • Options
    motiakmotiak Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How about T6 Heals? Heals from the Guardian specifically have horrible heals, about the equivalent of a tier 3 ship.
    I changed from a Fleet excelsior to a Guardian and my survivability dropped significantly. Just saying.

Also your Level Scaling sucks. If I'm ever going to do a mission that I know will put me in a level 50 zone, i'll use a tier 5 ship, because it'll have FAR MORE hit points and everything else.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, what about the loading screen crash to desktop issue that's going on since DR went live, that makes it impossible for many players to launch the game?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    satinpondsatinpond Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hopefully the promised and much anticipated long hair style for Romulan / Borg Liberated Romulan females will be in the next patch. :) Can't wait!
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.45.20140928a.17 (...)

[*]The Small XP Boost now grants 1,000 Bonus Skill Points instead of 3,000.
    • The price will remain the same at 200 ZEN.

HOLD ON...
    So, you're telling me my purchase (which was made BEFORE this change) is being reduced?

Imagine you go to the gas station. You put 30 gallons in. The station charges you, then REMOVES 20 gallons from your tank.

WTH?!

Cryptic, you are losing me as a paying customer with shenanigans like this. Real money, not in-game F2P converting things to get Zen, mind you. Unbelievable...
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well, if you use it now, you'll get your 3000 points instead of the 1000 you'll get after tomorrow, so you'd best use what you paid for before it loses its value.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When I heard that a new patch was up, I was hoping to see something, but sadly, didn't...so I gotta ask (again)...

When will "Takedown" be put onto the Delta Quadrant mission list for Tribble users?
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and any news about the joystrick / joypad bug???
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Thoron weapons and proc form the rep store are still broken. Mines do not work and torpedoes are useless. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1258561
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still curious of why they dont fix bugs like KDF romulans can't train their bridge officers using character.. or why not create a level 60 warzone equal or the same as ker'rat for the people that likes to pvp...

Don't get me wrong, i have been milking the exchange marked like mad since the release, but i miss being able to just log in, and enter ker'rat and scratch my pvp itch...

I wish they would do a copypaste thing with the dyson warzone in space, and make it open pvp.. or something simular.. i mean, those warzones are perfectly made for pvp..
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So i pay 3000 zen for a rommy intel ship plus 500 zen for the intel outfit to find that my rom/kdf cant re-train boff skills. Ive not been able to try out any of the new boff intel skills with out loseing ny best and most used boff powers :mad:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When I heard that a new patch was up, I was hoping to see something, but sadly, didn't...so I gotta ask (again)...

When will "Takedown" be put onto the Delta Quadrant mission list for Tribble users?

Your not up to date holodeck is the new live test server :eek:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please could you up the rewards for "The Breach"? It's a much longer mission then the rest, so it's hard to find a reason to do it when it has the same rewards as the rest.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this patch has further broken the crash-to-desktop bug...

but at least my screen isn't stuck on the graphic settings of STO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Your not up to date holodeck is the new live test server :eek:

lol Certainly seems like it. ;):D
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the known bugs section should also contain the issue of the upgrade system ripping of some mods from items (eg [borg] mod from pre-reputation anti borg weps) and/or lovering/enliminating stats (lovering stats at various items eg hydrodinamics console, removing science stats from embassy threat consoles).
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    HOLD ON...
    So, you're telling me my purchase (which was made BEFORE this change) is being reduced?

Imagine you go to the gas station. You put 30 gallons in. The station charges you, then REMOVES 20 gallons from your tank.

WTH?!

Cryptic, you are losing me as a paying customer with shenanigans like this. Real money, not in-game F2P converting things to get Zen, mind you. Unbelievable...
    thats hyperinflation. but instead of getting more exensive you will just get less.
    anyway who would want to spend 200 zen for 3000k exp? they should make time bonuses.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    why is ground being favored?

Because ground missions take longer in general. So better rewards for greater time investment. As it should be.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the known bugs section should also contain the issue of the upgrade system ripping of some mods from items (eg [borg] mod from pre-reputation anti borg weps) and/or lovering/enliminating stats (lovering stats at various items eg hydrodinamics console, removing science stats from embassy threat consoles).

QFT

/10char
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    binebane wrote: »
    anyway who would want to spend 200 zen for 3000k exp? they should make time bonuses.
    this is the most important question.

you can get 3k exp pretty easily (play one story mission, run a patrol, do some doffing, your choice) that wasting 200 zen on it is a huge waste. it'll be even worse once it's nerfed to only 1k experience. that's like an equivalent of a few doff missions. you can keep that zen and spend it on much better things like outfits, ships and such.

if that was 10000 exp for 200 zen and 50000 for 900 zen, that could probably mean something more, but even then, the exp tokens are pretty worthless for the hyper inflated price they go for, since they don't give anything worthwhile in return. they don't even save time, since you pay 200 zen for what? shaving 10 minutes of regular gameplay down to 3?

a timed xp as you mentioned would be probably much better.

200 zen for 2 hours, 900 zen for 12 hours of double/triple experience gains from everything, like a mini double experience weekend.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    why is ground being favored?

because it always have been that way, ground give more rewards because they take longer. Guess you never have played any ground mission at all?
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am happy to see the marks listed for each level along with the optional mark rewards as well. Why is the optional on Advanced worth more than the Optional on Elite? When will we see Dilithium rewards for these events updated in the same fashion that isn't the insult we currently have on Holodeck?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    binebane wrote: »
    they should make time bonuses.

I think they had time bonuses before, but I'm not sure exactly when they switched over to the 20% bonus boost idea. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • 35 Marks for completion.
    • 10 Marks for completing the Optional objective.
    [*]Advanced Mode:
    • 50 Marks for completion.
    • 25 Marks for completing the Optional objective.
    [*]Elite Mode:
    • 80 Marks for completion.
    • 20 Marks for completing the Optional objective.
    [/LIST]
    so advanced gives more makrs for optional than elite? is this right?
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think they had time bonuses before, but I'm not sure exactly when they switched over to the 20% bonus boost idea. :)

I know they had time bonuses before - I managed to get a few 15 minute ones from the anomaly minigame. With the level cap increase I actually thought about revisiting 'em. Not that I'm worried about gaining XP, that's never been a problem before. I haven't touched the new Delta Quadrant stuff yet and I'm level 54 already just doing DOff missions and maintenance while waiting 'til the real release of season 10. But I'm curious if they're still time based boosts or have switched to the bonus pool expiration methodology. That and they're doing nothing but taking up inventory space, but it's only one space since they stack and you can't get 'em anymore and I like collecting things you can't get anymore.