test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After all this TRIBBLE PW is sending out....

dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
Wouldn't there be a better solution, like, I don't know.....Bioware taking Cryptic and STO away from PW? At least with Bioware, you know what your getting during patches and the reason why.

With Bioware, at least you get customer service that gives a damn about the players. You also don't have to worry about a nerf nuke on a large chunk of the game because the devs don't like you playing the their way. They, Bioware, wants you to enjoy their game the way YOU want to enjoy it.

If you agree that Bioware should take Cryptic and STO away from PW, please sign.

If you disagree, please say why.

No need to be hateful to one another. Everyone has asses....I mean Opinions..
latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do you work for Bioware or something ?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No way, EA gutted Bioware. The Bioware I used to know and love is long gone.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Better Bioware than a wothless chinese company.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »

I was just signing in to say the exact same thing.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • hakanodatehakanodate Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry...what company? I missed that part.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am a Bioware fangurl from way back, and while I think they'd do a FANTASTIC job with the ST license, I'd rather them work on their IP and KoTOR III (fingers crossed please please please please please please YOU HAVE THE SW LICENSE BACK GET TO WORK!!!!)

But yeah, it's not the same Bioware as it used to be, hardly any of the old crew that made the company so great are gone, Ray and Greg being the obvious. I only know a couple of OG guys who are still there, unfortunately. :(
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you talking about the Bioware that had the majority of it's SWTOR playerbase have to re-download the entire client?

This has happened more than once with no explanation either time. They are no shining example of feedback.

Are you talking about Bioware's SWTOR which is the most insulting example of pay to win in all gaming?

No thanks I'll stick with Cryptic's nerf bat.
  • zydias1zydias1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about all that.

I will say, though, that this rollout has been rather horrific. Hype and fees.... hype and fees..... for new content that doesnt even level you through the 10 new levels? Not cool.

Ive been with the game on and off since launch and I gotta say that this is the first time that I'm really disappointed.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nah, Bioware would just use the Star Trek IP and turn it into some sci-fi RPG dating sim. We don't need that...

...Unless you're into that sort of thing. :P
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bioware doesn't really exist anymore, it's EA.

I wouldn't want EA taking Cryptic, though I'd prefer almost anybody over PerfectWorld.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you think an EA company taking over would be good, go take a good hard look at what they did to need for speed world. Then you will see it is a very bad idea.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Tha's the EA way..... Pretty much sums up any company they have acquired for its relevant IP. Westwood, Sierra, Bioware, Origin, Maxis, Virgin Interactive..... Buy a company to suck its IP potential dry and then move on to the next victim. They are like Gaming Developer vampires.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    a nerf nuke on a large chunk of the game because the devs don't like you playing the their way.

Depending, sometimes needed in games, other times, TRIBBLE house, ether way, kinda messed up when they "lash out" at their own players no matter who is doing it.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Tha's the EA way..... Pretty much sums up any company they have acquired for its relevant IP. Westwood, Sierra, Bioware, Origin, Maxis, Virgin Interactive..... Buy a company to suck its IP potential dry and then move on to the next victim. They are like Gaming Developer vampires.

Pretty much.

Old pic, but relevant.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cecil08 wrote: »
    Bioware doesn't really exist anymore, it's EA.

I wouldn't want EA taking Cryptic, though I'd prefer almost anybody over PerfectWorld.

I can't imagine it getting any worse.
    edited October 2014
    another note. as long as they stop this "grinder trash", and make more stuff that is as well done as the episodes "the longer ones" and give depth, and fix stuff and listen to serious concerns, i don't care WHO runs it.

it's current pattern is cash cow or ultra long timers. for the end game content.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are you talking about the Bioware that had the majority of it's SWTOR playerbase have to re-download the entire client?

This has happened more than once with no explanation either time. They are no shining example of feedback.

Are you talking about Bioware's SWTOR which is the most insulting example of pay to win in all gaming?

No thanks I'll stick with Cryptic's nerf bat.

I must be lucky to never have to reinstall the client..

As for swtor being pay to win.... It's not, it's no more pay to win than sto...
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It can't be any worse than we have it now. Yes, I know EA owns BioWare but STO has reached the bottom of the barrel under PWE's ownership. PWE can keep Cryptic also. BioWare getting a chance with their talented staff would definitely do a better job with the visuals and graphical bugs.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention how much better the voice acting would be also.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think EA would be much better than Perfect World so not sure what you're getting at OP....

If you think ARC is bad, have you ever had to play Battle field 3 using origin and internet explorer? I uninstalled both origin and BF3 because of it.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • aikuchiiaikuchii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wouldn't there be a better solution, like, I don't know.....Bioware taking Cryptic and STO away from PW? At least with Bioware, you know what your getting during patches and the reason why.

With Bioware, at least you get customer service that gives a damn about the players. You also don't have to worry about a nerf nuke on a large chunk of the game because the devs don't like you playing the their way. They, Bioware, wants you to enjoy their game the way YOU want to enjoy it.

Exactly witch Bioware are you talking about? The Bioware of old died, were they actually cared about there players and there games died around Mass Effect 3( or was it SWTOR? I forget witch one came first ). Basically if gamer don't like the way something is implemented in there game they go with the EA tried and true F you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_yxUHDZTq0
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At this point I wouldn't mind EA taking cryptic over. Lease then they can have a dev team larger than 5 lol

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    Better Bioware than a wothless chinese company.

do i detect a tinge of racism here? Surely you're not saying that just because a company is of Chinese origin that it is somehow inferior cheaper worse that a company that is of American origin right?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If you agree that Bioware should take Cryptic and STO away from PW, please sign.

If you disagree, please say why.

No need to be hateful to one another. Everyone has asses....I mean Opinions..

I don't think Bioware can do that. They're a developer, not a publisher. Same as Cryptic.

Also the last time Star Wars and Star Trek mixed resulted in JJTrek.

NEVER. AGAIN.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question where did this whole bioware taking over cryptic come from? This isn't going to happen even remotely in anyone's dreams so why even bother saying it? if we are doing dream scenarios then why not have blizzard take over cryptic and STO FYI they made over $21.6 million last year they are not getting rid of STO anytime soon
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    edited October 2014
    i will now make a Foundry mission, it's will be a holodeck program of Cryptic getting bought out by Bioware with a little help from the Federation, Staring Voyager's EMH Mk 1, ugh, forgot, Foundry is broke ... lol!
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SO you want STO to become SWTOR v2?

Haha no.

No.

Just no.

Also, this thread is basically a general rage threat due to the fact that it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever.

/inb4close
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    SO you want STO to become STO 2009?

Fixed.

/10char
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can picture somebody buying a large fries from McDonald's - eating the fries, enjoying each one until they get to the last one. Perhaps that one is a little soft, perhaps it's cold because it was the last one and they were watching TV or something, or whatever is wrong with it. And...it's just the end of the freakin' world. They will make it their life's work to make sure that McDonald's gets taken over by Wendy's...having forgotten that the last time they got fries from Wendy's all but one of them were bad. It doesn't matter...McDonald's must suffer for the outrage!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This 10 times.

SWTOR is an example of how you can do a much worse f2p system than cryptic. You have to pay for everything, and you can't even get rid of some limitation (cash limit for example), so you have to continue paying forever.

I just logged back on SWTOR for a 1-2 years break. And I had to spend 2700 points (from my 5600 leftover), which is about 27$, just to be able to hide my helmet, show my title, and be able to craft. I would need another 1200point for being able to equip items I drop from endgame. Oh, and just for the laugh, you are only allowed to 3 need roll per day. That's say something.

And I'm silver, which mean I didn't have to pay for more skillbars...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    SO you want STO to become SWTOR v2?

Haha no.

No.

Just no.

Also, this thread is basically a general rage threat due to the fact that it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever.

/inb4close

I must admit I am now at a point I would love to see CBS take STO of cryptic and be handed over to a different (and most importantly key here much better/premium) developer.

Why cryptic have handled the f2p aspect better in some areas I will admit that there are a lot developers even bioware seem to be able to handle content much more better.

Cryptic are far from premium content and more towards low end / average and this game is in desperate need of decent premium content and a lot more then what seems to be delivered.

This is a premium IP but handed to a company that can not deliver premium.
This discussion has been closed.