test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Small XP Tokens getting a nerf

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
Today's Tribble Patch Notes indicate that the Small XP Tokens are being reduced to 1,000 bonus from 3,000. Price remains the same at 200 Zen. Expect this in Thursday's patch.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Today's Tribble Patch Notes indicate that the Small XP Tokens is being reduced to 1,000 bonus from 3,000. Price remains the same at 200 Zen. Expect this in Thursday's patch.

Apparently, another "Exploit" that the player-base shouldn't be using...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Holy ****, this keeps getting better and better... :D
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Today's Tribble Patch Notes indicate that the Small XP Tokens are being reduced to 1,000 bonus from 3,000. Price remains the same at 200 Zen. Expect this in Thursday's patch.

Keeps getting better and better.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Kinda hillarious change, i mean who'd pay zen for 3,000 xp.. thats like 5-10 kills in space, those were such a ridiculous rip off.. The only XP potions that were worth something were time-based ones.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Clearly someone at PWE is high as ****... lol
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Who buys these anyway?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Clearly someone at PWE is high as ****... lol

after hearing and seeing all this... I wish i was :/:D
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have come to the conclusion that Cryptic is sick and tired of STO but as long as players log in they're stuck with it. So they had a Grinch-like ingenious plan: make the game unplayable, or so unworthy of being played, and the players will leave. No players = no need to update content. No need to update content = they can focus on newer, more fun things…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    sotek23sotek23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you all don't see the genius behind the idea, this will make us all buy them in big quantities before they change them that's why they announce it.

PD. Just a healthy sarcasm.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Anyone buying these is throwing their money away.

That boost needs 3 zeroes added to it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sotek23 wrote: »
    you all don't see the genius behind the idea, this will make us all buy them in big quantities before they change them that's why they announce it.

PD. Just a healthy sarcasm.

Probably true though. I know when they announced in the Patch notes for Holodeck some months back that the next day they were correcting the price of the Hirogen Armor in the Lobi Store from its incorrect 50 Lobi price to the correct 200, many people (including myself) picked it up that night.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so they are nerfing something they made knowing what it does and how it be used but still asking zen for it cryptic you so funny :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Wait...did folks actually pay 200 zen for 3000xp? ROFLMFAO.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that Cryptic is sick and tired of STO but as long as players log in they're stuck with it. So they had a Grinch-like ingenious plan: make the game unplayable, or so unworthy of being played, and the players will leave. No players = no need to update content. No need to update content = they can focus on newer, more fun things…

Nah this is all PWE. Go play any other PWE game and youll see what we're beginning to see here in STO. The only difference is players in those games openly accept this sort of business model.

STO has had a very laid back F2P model. Mostly because its oriented towards the Western Demographic. But PWE has been slowly pushing the monetization of every aspect of the game since it took over a few years ago. DR was their chance to paygate an entire area of the game. And Cryptic has probably been ordered to do everything they can to keep it that way.

Theres only two ways of this ending though. They get away with it and players actually start putting out more money. Or Players will leave in droves. Mostly because Western gamers have avoided game models like this. It probably wont kill the game. But it will set Cryptic back significantly and there wont be any large Expansions like DR and LoR after this.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3k xp bonus wasn't worth jack before. But reducing the bonus to just 1k now? They should just delete it altogether.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    3k xp bonus wasn't worth jack before. But reducing the bonus to just 1k now? They should just delete it altogether.

No kidding, today is proving to be a hell of a comedy sketch, it's just writing itself :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No kidding, today is proving to be a hell of a comedy sketch, it's just writing itself :P

I'm shaking my head at the bad business plan here.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those xp tokens arrived when the game was throwing xp at every opportunity and you could easily hit 50 before running out of content. I'd be curious to find out if anyone actually bought those ever.

If the nerf goes live it will be truly laughable.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Flippin heck – they really ARE determined to prevent players from doing anything that speeds up the levelling process! Even to the point where they’ll make a C-store item less desirable to purchase?!

Someone at PWE is making some catastrophically bad decisions.

You are correct or they simply want to stall for time until they have sorted out how to deal with general PvE endgame.

I’ve been playing STO for almost three years and for the first time the entire game flees broken. Never had that one b4 considering a running if not flawless system less than 2 weeks ago.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait until cryptic is nerfing all the other XP rewards from npcs and missions. You would be glad to pay 200 zen for 1000 xp then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    umm I almost said guys but that is sexiest and on here i think speciesism as well ;)

I like to think I always call it as it is not as I see it or want to see it.

this is simply putting an item at its specified stat with no nerf or mod reduction.

this item had one function bonus xp. that it was set wrong was a free oops. its getting fixed.

now if you want to suggest a mod/price change, bundle deal go ahead but saying its a nerf come on.

loot drops in STF"s that was a nerf.

Robert
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    Wait until cryptic is nerfing all the other XP rewards from npcs and missions. You would be glad to pay 200 zen for 1000 xp then :rolleyes:

Yup I have a huge feeling this is coming...and it might not ever get announced just an "intelligence" (stealth) nerf to XP in general. They'll probably do something like x ship gave 200 XP for killing it. Now it will be like 125 XP or something like that.

Someone needs to make note of current 60 XP per ship.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only time this is useful is at very low level, even at 3000xp. Seems like a silly thing to change if they are looking at targeting higher level since there are much better things to spend Zen on.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So is this a plot to get you to buy the BIG XP boosts ?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think this officially qualifies those items as the biggest ripoff in the C-Store.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What is the cost of the Big XP cost, and what does it grant?

It could easily be a basic math problem. if Big XP boost is more costly than Small XP boost, it's pointless, anyone that can do addition figures out that the Small XP boost is the better choice.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Who buys these anyway?

They also drop from lockboxes.

Anyone know if they stack ? I should start popping all mine ASAP.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The XP Boosts in the C-store have been updated.They are now available in 3000 and 10,000 skillpoint versions, with no increase in price.The former 1000 and 6000 versions are no longer available for purchase.Any existing Large and Small XP Boosts remain unchanged.

They seem to change all the time . . . From the October 14 patch notes.

Have you tried the new forum on your phone?