test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising Celebrations!

Comments

• colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please don't make us go to a base to get the Lobi - I don't want to have reset my trays yet again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycopuppsycopup Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seriously, it baffles me how anyone could complain about getting a gift for free. They do not need to give us anything, other than what they already are (the game). Yes, there are bugs, this happens in ANY large coding project, even more so in games. ALL mmo games have bugs after expansions are released, even those games that work on the expansions for years before release still wind up with bugs.
    The fact that your free game has bugs DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANYTHING. For those who have paid for things in this game, you have gotten what you paid for, it is pure greed to expect additional special treatment. You do not go to a free concert and get special treatment because you bought a bands shirt there, you paid your money and got what you paid it for. Now enjoy the damn show, same goes for here.
    This is, at its core, entertainment, and as such you should enjoy it. If you do not, then no one is making you stay, you can leave those of us who do enjoy it behind and gtfo. The fact that this company, on a regular basis, gives stuff out to everyone for free is an amazing showing that they do care about their players, not just their players wallets. Otherwise they would not give away things that are in their zen store, which is the source for a sizable percentage of the companies profit.

In simple closing, THANK THOSE WHO GIVE YOU A GIFT, don't spit in their eye by complaining that the gift was not more expensive. They had no obligation to give you anything you did not pay for, and you show yourself as greedy scum by complaining about gifts.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mac sales were up 21% this quarter handing Apple it's largest quarterly profit in years, beating Wall street expectations.

PC sales were down 16% over the previous quarter as tablet sales continue to rise.

Mis-directing stats.

The ratio could stil be 9000:1 in favour of PCs over everything apple

Also let's just stick to a real gaming device regardless of how tablets sell
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank You for this! Also cool to see an underused NPC hand em out!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is awesome thanks! I can use the lobi for a future purchase. So I will be sure to get them. The extra Dil will come in handy as well. I can use it on my Romulan gear I'm still working on. Almost done with that part on my Romulan character. I'm after the experimental array to complete the weapon set. Then on to Tier 5. And finally wrap up with the shield and flame thrower.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Trendy, I know most players will have a fed or a kdf, but what about people who only have a rommie?

"To get your free Lobi visit Grym in Earth Spacedock or Qo’noS to pick yours up."

So no NPC on New Romulus or New Romulus Command?
    Make your choice, fellow Romulan. Side with the Federation, or side with the super awesome I'm-totally-not-biased-towards KDF.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Make your choice, fellow Romulan. Side with the Federation, or side with the super awesome I'm-totally-not-biased-towards KDF.

I am hoping we are going to see an awesome T6 bird of prey soon :D lol
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maybe they mean most successful failure so they are giving away free Lobi just to prop up their numbers from those who came and then left once they realized what PWE meant by "increasing the difficulty". Isn't Delta Rising their only expansion to date? Seems like a pretty easy best when it's the only one. :P Free useless stuff though... I'll take it! :cool:

It's based on zen and dollars cashed in. By making the Delta pack zen purchasable day one they likely quadrupled their turned in income on this one. Not a ton of people bought the rommy pack but half the people I know bought Delta. Mix in all of the tokens that people bought and they did very well this past week.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Mac sales were up 21% this quarter handing Apple it's largest quarterly profit in years, beating Wall street expectations.

PC sales were down 16% over the previous quarter as tablet sales continue to rise.

Yeah. Launch a mac version of the game. Then launch an update which effectively causes most Mac clients to crash. Yeah team.

THIS.
    vestereng wrote: »
    Mis-directing stats.

The ratio could stil be 9000:1 in favour of PCs over everything apple

Also let's just stick to a real gaming device regardless of how tablets sell

Not mis-direction. Mac sales (not iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple product) grew 19-21% this past fiscal quarter, whereas the PC market in general shrank, and is continually shrinking. The days of desktops are numbered, no matter what operating system you use... but Apple continues to out-perform the market. We're not talking tablets, here.

Regardless of any of that... Cryptic/PWE has an official Mac version of this game. One would think that they support the things they offer. That version, judging by the reports from most of the Mac users on here (myself included), has not worked since the release of Delta Rising. We have not had any news or acknowledgement from the Cryptic team on this. Smirk has acknowledged on Twitter (thanks, Smirk!) that "they" are aware of the issue, but the Mac user base is in the dark on this.

And growing quite frustrated...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited October 2014
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    have you tried playonmac? Its similar to playonlinux. Utilizes wine to run windows programs in linux .. in your case .. mac.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've tried Parallels, CrossOver, and another Wine wrapper... the game still crashes eventually.

Plus, there is a legitimate Mac version of this game released by Cryptic/PWE. There is NO reason why I should have to "make other arrangements" as long as that version exists. The legit version should work.
    edited October 2014
    BTW... I personally don't really like Delta. Once I have finished the "story" I am going to leave that sector and NEVER GO BACK. If you didn't have the missions level capped I'd already be done it. I have no desire to repeat any of the missions or do any "patrols". And to be honest so far the "story" isn't worth the grind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014

how about we just get to be an actual faction .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycopuppsycopup Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    THIS.

Not mis-direction. Mac sales (not iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple product) grew 19-21% this past fiscal quarter, whereas the PC market in general shrank, and is continually shrinking. The days of desktops are numbered, no matter what operating system you use... but Apple continues to out-perform the market. We're not talking tablets, here.

Regardless of any of that... Cryptic/PWE has an official Mac version of this game. One would think that they support the things they offer. That version, judging by the reports from most of the Mac users on here (myself included), has not worked since the release of Delta Rising. We have not had any news or acknowledgement from the Cryptic team on this. Smirk has acknowledged on Twitter (thanks, Smirk!) that "they" are aware of the issue, but the Mac user base is in the dark on this.

And growing quite frustrated...

What was meant, I am sure, was that providing simple percentage changes, instead of actual sales figures, is a misdirection tactic that is used often times to make an increase seem much more than it actually is. For example, if company A goes from selling 2 million units to 2.4 million units, while company B goes from selling 120 million units to selling 119.999 million units you will get the same exact figures used in your figures. That is like taking the fact that 97% of the worlds fastest computers run Linux and saying that means all other OS's don't matter and thus all games should be made for Linux only (which I would be cool with ;) ). What needs to be looked at to get an accurate, hype free understanding of the growth rates as relevant to software production is the actual market share numbers of active units compared to the past four quarters numbers.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the gifts Devs. :)
    edited October 2014
    psycopup wrote: »
    What was meant, I am sure, was that providing simple percentage changes, instead of actual sales figures, is a misdirection tactic that is used often times to make an increase seem much more than it actually is. For example, if company A goes from selling 2 million units to 2.4 million units, while company B goes from selling 120 million units to selling 119.999 million units you will get the same exact figures used in your figures. That is like taking the fact that 97% of the worlds fastest computers run Linux and saying that means all other OS's don't matter and thus all games should be made for Linux only (which I would be cool with ;) ). What needs to be looked at to get an accurate, hype free understanding of the growth rates as relevant to software production is the actual market share numbers of active units compared to the past four quarters numbers.

Oh, sure, I get that... you can bend numbers to suit almost any needs. :) Still, Apple had their earnings report literally two days ago, so numbers for them are fresh off the press... and I don't think anyone will argue that Apple is hurting for money. :P They are doing quite well, and most analysts agree that desktops are on the decline. They won't go away tomorrow, but the long-term viability doesn't look bright.

But my real point was that all of the "numbers talk" distracts from the real issue: the Mac version of this game won't stay open for more than 5-10 minutes, and many are in serious danger of NOT being able to enjoy this event (let alone, the new expansion).
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Oh, sure, I get that... you can bend numbers to suit almost any needs. :) Still, Apple had their earnings report literally two days ago, so numbers for them are fresh off the press... and I don't think anyone will argue that Apple is hurting for money. :P They are doing quite well, and most analysts agree that desktops are on the decline. They won't go away tomorrow, but the long-term viability doesn't look bright.

But my real point was that all of the "numbers talk" distracts from the real issue: the Mac version of this game won't stay open for more than 5-10 minutes, and many are in serious danger of NOT being able to enjoy this event (let alone, the new expansion).

I love how people say desktops are on there way out. It's been said for years. While most people nowadays can get by with a laptop or tablet, you will not ever get the computing power comparison of a desktop to a lap top without a ton of issues and prohibitive costs. By the time a laptop that is reasonably priced is a powerful as today's top desktops, desktops will be able to run a space station.

Desktops may not be as popular but they will always have a need.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Desktop are more powerful than a laptop even if you get very high end laptop. They use to have Workstation laptops but those are still around as game laptop now. I use desktop and laptops here. Still have a few netbooks and many tablets. I am only playing STO on my most powerful desktop. But there shouldn't be any lag on DR missions or patrols. Something is wrong there. So much content on STO most of it runs smooth and the rest doesn't. But you got fix the trays slots for space and it's space weapons slots too, otherwise not going to be fun in DR then!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • williamknight50williamknight50 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3 things,

1. Delta Rising is epic and awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and voice acting. The sheer amount of future story options with all the Delta Quadrant species will make for some very interesting story's (Dev designed and Foundry). Hopefully more voice acting will be utilized.

2. Free is free, thanks for the Lobi.

3. I do not own a Mac and haven't for years. However, please fix the Mac issues so those players can also enjoy the new expansion like I and many others have been able to.

That's about it.
    Original name before the merge Ice_Knight. Join Date 7/29/08
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this once per day per account?

thats my guess but worth a try with an alt on the first day...just in case.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the gift of lobi but there is nothing worth buying there at the moment I have enough cats in RL I don't need virtual cats.

Also most successful expansion ever ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha what..... Your serious? most people on the forums are complaining about the dil drop the hardness of the advanced queues if you call this successful I dread to think what you would call a failure.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alyssabrosi250alyssabrosi250 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what level dose delta rising start and how the heck do i start delta riising
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what level dose delta rising start and how the heck do i start delta riising

Level 50, you'll get a mission to go there and start that content.
  • bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Germans and French got a better deal... free keys and a shuttle (account wide fed unlock).

Where can I find more information about this?
  • jtneatjtneat Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep my remen kdf alliance toon is wrecked... cant train boffs, cant do R&D assist req. And now i cant do my dailies or any mission in tau sector, because some bright spark decided to shut all tau patrols down.
    On my other fed stuff just keep randomly popping out of slots, i even picked up a temp BAN on stfs bec i couldn't re-slot my stuff fast enough along with the skills tray. LOVELY!
    Then the 8000 dil limit is still in place when it costs 700 minimum to upgrade to 2% on 1 item.

I don't know which delta rising your playing and praising because it cant be this one.
    Ive been here for while and not felt the need to comment until now, that i see insanity has become normality.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    By the time a laptop that is reasonably priced is a powerful as today's top desktops, desktops will be able to run a space station.

The International Space Station is actually run using computers that are more than five years out of date by today's standards (since the hardware was all sent up years ago). The only newer computers up there are Thinkpads.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am hoping we are going to see an awesome T6 bird of prey soon :D lol

With a useful starship trait and non broken customization. (One can keep dreaming.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I am so mad right now and no amount of Lobi will make me fill better
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Where can I find more information about this?

Here. If you're eligable to earn those prices you must have received a mail by now. So far people from France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria have confirmed that they got the mail. Be aware that all prices are given out on the 28th of October.
  • bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Here. If you're eligable to earn those prices you must have received a mail by now. So far people from France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria have confirmed that they got the mail. Be aware that all prices are given out on the 28th of October.

Thanks! Now I have to check my mail...
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So is this the mass Placate after the nerf bat?
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."