test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we get a Dev to comment on the Shenanigans of locking Tau Dewa?

scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
Read Title
Post edited by scbypwr on

Comments

• greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scbypwr wrote: »
    Read Title

This game actually has community reps? Who? Where?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »

LoL

That's sooo "Cryptic"...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    There are no shenanigans. Period. The Devs felt that powerlevelling in Tau Dewa was exploitave behavior and are removing it temporarily.

Either deal with it or uninstall the game.

We are asking for a proper explanation. Either deal with it or log out of the forums.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited October 2014
    There are no shenanigans. Period. The Devs felt that powerlevelling in Tau Dewa was exploitave behavior and are removing it temporarily.

Either deal with it or uninstall the game.

How can something that has been available in-game since day one, be exploitive?

Especially since there are parts of the game that actually tell the player to go do it??

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    We are asking for a proper explanation. Either deal with it or log out of the forums.
    If the post above is correct, you should get that sometime tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then sometime between tomorrow and the end of time.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What was the exploit? I solo and was trying to finish rom.rep. What exploit did i miss out on?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Small number of players? Riiiiiight...

Everyone's ****ing doing it. So either this is a different issue or Cryptic is actually blind to their own metrics...
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014

As has already mentioned, their official stance is "exploit", that is likely all wr will get and no amount of crying on the forums will revert it.

You are clearly new to the forums if you honestly think it would ever change to anything else but what they want.

Once they have changed something major, it has NEVER been reversed.
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Small number of players? Riiiiiight...

Everyone's ****ing doing it. So either this is a different issue or Cryptic is actually blind to their own metrics...

I don't think They were blind to Their numbers...

It's just that the player-base is better at "putting a curve" on the numbers than Cryptic expected.

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Its making me wonder if they actually review their metrics.

Then again, they still have yet to fix the loadout issues, R&D upgrade glitches, the entire MAC client debacle...
    edited October 2014
    As has already mentioned, their official stance is "exploit", that is likely all wr will get and no amount of crying on the forums will revert it.

You are clearly new to the forums if you honestly think it would ever change to anything else but what they want.

Once they have changed something major, it has NEVER been reversed.

Clearly you are as well since you seem to conviently be forgetting when Dan reversed the dilithium rewards nerf after LOR got released. Nice try though.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is it at all possible that "small number" means exactly that, and a few ppl found a way to take it a step further than what was already being done? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

(Rhetorical qquestion. I already know the answer)
    edited October 2014
    As I said in another post, my guesses are the selecting the lowest level teammate thing and the NPCs not scaling properly to 60.

I'm going to make a guess and say that if people were farming the patrols in the DQ, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Makes sense but honestly, can you blame them considering how painful leveling alts has become?How is that a winning strategy for Cryptic? I want to buy more things when I have more characters, not less.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited October 2014
    Clearly you are as well since you seem to conviently be forgetting when Dan reversed the dilithium rewards nerf after LOR got released. Nice try though.

Hm, i remember a about 800 page thread about the Galaxy that was updated daily and nothing ever happened, there was a massive uproar about the Race, nothing happened, time and time again their track record says one thing and one thing only: "what we say goes."

As the Doctor once said, a murderer sparing someone once does not stop the fact that they are a murderer.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    LoL

That's sooo "Cryptic"...

lmfao

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
    edited October 2014
    Hm, i remember a about 800 page thread about the Galaxy that was updated daily and nothing ever happened, there was a massive uproar about the Race, nothing happened, time and time again their track record says one thing and one thing only: "what we say goes."

As the Doctor once said, a murderer sparing someone once does not stop the fact that they are a murderer.

In this case, the exception does make the rule. You said major decisions never get reversed; I gave you an example of one that did get reversed, proving you wrong.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited October 2014
    jarfaru wrote: »
    What was the exploit? I solo and was trying to finish rom.rep. What exploit did i miss out on?

People grouping up and grinding on elite difficulty in the japori map in tau dewa lel for the experience because the delta region is grind heavy more so than the rep system it seems lol
    edited October 2014
    In this case, the exception does make the rule. You said major decisions never get reversed; I gave you an example of one that did get reversed, proving you wrong.

Still does not say anything, if they change it, no amount of crying will change it back. You would have to be delusional to think so.
    edited October 2014
    As we discussed in another post today, making alts a painful process is exactly what they want. Why do they want this? One word; money.

They know people love alts and they want you to make as many as you want. They also know that there are a lot of people out there like you who want to buy things for all your characters. Just look at what has been happening over the last couple of years. We have timegate after timegate after timegate. Now they've introduced the R&D system with... timegates. However, how is it different than the Rep systems? You can "Finish Now" by paying Dil in the R&D system. It's only a matter of time before you see the "Finish Now" creep into fleet projects, rep projects, dailies etc. all for a sizeable chunk of Dil which they intend for you to fork over the cash for.

Yes I understand this but again there is a breaking point. Eventually enough people will just get so fed up with it that they'll leave and a high rate of turnover for a game with a fan base comprised of diehard star trek fans is bad. Let them keep time gating us to death though. One day they'll time gate this game so hard nobody will be left to fill in the excessive and cartoonish rep progress bars.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't comment on other players ways around things here. I just do those patrols on daily bases but since DR came out I am hardly in that sector anymore. The points you earn not enough to boost me into the next level. Borg Disconnect PVE or run around on DR Adventure Zone Planet repeating those ground battles over and over all day long. So the meter on the top of your screen moves as you do.

Congratulations Lieutenant from Spock voice once. I know I was Vice Admiral when he said that. It would be funny if he said that now as I am Admiral.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited October 2014
    Yes I understand this but again there is a breaking point. Eventually enough people will just get so fed up with it that they'll leave and a high rate of turnover for a game with a fan base comprised of diehard star trek fans is bad. Let them keep time gating us to death though. One day they'll time gate this game so hard nobody will be left to fill in the excessive and cartoonish rep progress bars.

translation:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, this game is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEDDDDDDDD

now class, how many times a month is this said. the correct answer gets a internet, space cookie. :D
  • sotek23sotek23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the mob will just move to another sector untill they close them all one by one trapping us all in the delta cuadrant. XD
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As we discussed in another post today, making alts a painful process is exactly what they want. Why do they want this? One word; money. (...)
    Good summary and likely correct. (Sorry to truncate your post.)

My response to this? NOT spending money I had earmarked for more purchases. Think I'm kidding? (Answer: no. I'll spend it on something else.)

But I'm only one person doing this... It'll take a LOT MORE before sales figures change PWE's minds.

Gotta start somewhere though...
    edited October 2014
    sotek23 wrote: »
    I think the mob will just move to another sector untill they close them all one by one trapping us all in the delta cuadrant. XD

like a big...honking...space net. eeeesh not a nice thought :/
    edited October 2014
    translation:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, this game is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEDDDDDDDD

now class, how many times a month is this said. the correct answer gets a internet, space cookie. :D

I said "one day" which spells potential doom but not imminent doom. Seriously, get your dooms straight brother!!!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265971

BS and they hide behind Q. No guts just after the mighty buck and who give a TRIBBLE about the players.
  • scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It might have something to do with superior tech upgrade kits dropping higher than normal under certain conditions!
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sotek23 wrote: »

Then the rename it STO: Voyager Redux. :D
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scbypwr wrote: »
    It might have something to do with superior tech upgrade kits dropping higher than normal under certain conditions!

Only on Advanced setting did this happen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!