test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premium ships need an upgrade token!?

aerigaraerigar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2014 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
This is just a F-ing rip off! I paid 5000 Zen for the Galaxy Pack and now I need to pay an additional 700 Zen for the upgrade!? WTF?! Every T5 premium ship should come with a free upgrade :/ They ARE premium after all!
Post edited by aerigar on

Comments

• tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because you wouldn't have to pay full price for a brand new T5 ship, if you were leveling up from T4?
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aerigar wrote: »
    This is just a F-ing rip off! I paid 5000 Zen for the Galaxy Pack and now I need to pay an additional 700 Zen for the upgrade!? WTF?! Every T5 premium ship should come with a free upgrade :/ They ARE premium after all!

By that logic, just buy a 500 zen T1 starter ship.. its premium too.. you think maybe it should upgrade to t6 now... t7 next expansion etc etc?

Ya. Good luck with that.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This game is Pay to win. Tends to happen when you move from subscription based to "free" to play.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know I disagree with myself. But I would pay 30$ for a t6 odyssey :/

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    after the DR release all c-store upgraded ships that are not t-6 but upgradable should have come with a free (1) ship upgrade token, after all you buy a new car its under warranty and recall for a few days if it has major defects (a few days is exaggerating on the low side here) and I know there must be a few people who don't read forums and know about the upgrade and such so c-store should explain this or offer a deal say for a 3000 zen ship 3200 zen you buy it already upgraded t5u or such same for a pack after all they are last years models most car dealers put them on sale.

regards,

Robert
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    By that logic, just buy a 500 zen T1 starter ship.. its premium too.. you think maybe it should upgrade to t6 now... t7 next expansion etc etc?

Ya. Good luck with that.

No, it would upgrade to T1-U. The OP makes a perfectly reasonable point, that many people have legitimately raised, why should something bought, require effectively part- buying again, just to less effective than it originally was.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, I don't get it. The ships they bought are as effective as they ever were and do not lose any abilities. It's just that now there are newer ships which are (or at least "may be") better. Yes, you bought the best - at some time. But in any MMO things keep changing and expanding. And in Real Life it's even worse. You don't get a discount for your new iPhone just because you bought the last one.

There is no right to "I will buy the best and it will stay the best". Just like that.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries