Install Arc

Item upgrades and their costs

2»

Comments

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure its been suggested upthread...BUT:

* Buy from the exchange
    * Take your time upgrading. Start with weapon consoles first, them move to weapons. Do it over time.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *Whistles* Check that out, eh?

Hmm, but it's strange.. if I try to calculate backwards from your dil expenditure or your EC expenditure it doesn't match up.

If you spent 275 million EC on basics from the vendor at 10,000 per pop then it should have cost roughly 19 million dilithium to apply them all, not 5 million, and that's not including finish now skip costs.

If it cost you around 5 million dilithium then that means you would have spent only about 72 million EC to buy all the basics needed for that (again, not deducting skip costs).

Did't think about it but you right the math does not add up.

Tech points need for gold from your example in the spreadsheet: 33,286,728
    Basic tech upgrade : 2000 tech points and 700 dilithium to apply
    So you need 16643 basic kits at 10k each or 166,433,640 ec
    Then 16643 x 700 dilithium to apply= 11,650,100 dilithium.

Or $752(dilithium to apply kits) + $81 (ec to keys) = $833 to gold a ship.

Ofc there is rng involved so this number is not exact and could be more or less.
  • panz3rupanz3ru Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As long as having epics is not game breaking and pay2win i don;t see the problem. Is more like cosmetic for bragging rights.
    I don;t plan to get any epics , i don;t see their point because i am not interested in cosmetic items.
    edited October 2014
    panz3ru wrote: »
    As long as having epics is not game breaking and pay2win i don;t see the problem. Is more like cosmetic for bragging rights.
    I don;t plan to get any epics , i don;t see their point because i am not interested in cosmetic items.

Tru dat. However, MANY of the "Epic" mods are simply ****e and aren't worth the Dil. YMMV.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After reading how bad this system is i'm staying away from it. The dil.cost is insane.
  • panz3rupanz3ru Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The epics are meant to be a very long term goal. After you done all in the game hundreds of times the epics will become the goal. So don't hate them, just understand their role.
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    typo on my part with the EC put in 100 mil too much (should have proof read).... some items went epic very quick but the rep stuff took for ever... the dilithium total from the rep input boxes was 9360000 and the remaining balance was 3.166 mil (sorry should have gone checked my tribble spreadsheet first). i also have quite a few basic upgrades left over so never used them all... but that only amounts to about 5 mil.......

I had one canon go epic at 2% and some pieces took over 40%

the problem i have found with using the spreadsheet was the variable percentage at which items go epic or to ultra rare... I know of other who have used less resource and others have used more.....
    edited October 2014
    Tru dat. However, MANY of the "Epic" mods are simply ****e and aren't worth the Dil. YMMV.

The difference between UR and Epic for weapons is less then 5% more dps and an extra mod.

Mk 12 to mk 14 is about a 25% dps difference.
    edited October 2014
    krilldarn wrote: »
    typo on my part with the EC put in 100 mil too much (should have proof read).... some items went epic very quick but the rep stuff took for ever... the dilithium total from the rep input boxes was 9360000 and the remaining balance was 3.166 mil (sorry should have gone checked my tribble spreadsheet first). i also have quite a few basic upgrades left over so never used them all... but that only amounts to about 5 mil.......

I had one canon go epic at 2% and some pieces took over 40%

the problem i have found with using the spreadsheet was the variable percentage at which items go epic or to ultra rare... I know of other who have used less resource and others have used more.....

The upgrade system is just another form of rng slot machine.
    Just like crafting items in the r&d system some times you can crafts dozens or even 100's of items before getting the one set of modifers you are looking for.
    edited October 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    The difference between UR and Epic for weapons is less then 5% more dps and an extra mod.

Mk 12 to mk 14 is about a 25% dps difference.

This as well. I guess I was speaking more to the fixed modifiers they get; for instance Deflectors get (SS/SI): +10 to Shield Systems and Structural integrity. I mean, seriously; would you even notice the bump?

Space weps get the [Acc/Dm] mod, which is Just an ACC mod and a DMG mod combined; is it worth the Dil? Dunno. If you PvP perhaps...

Again, your mileage may vary.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    I'd wait until they complete the system and you can choose the mods.

The RNG b******t is just laziness on Cryptic's part.

thats not going to happen they dont want you to be-able to choose the mods they want it to be a random process
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shouldnt a game/game mechanic be more motivational instead of just frustrating or "you dont need to care about that"?
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    shouldnt a game/game mechanic be more motivational instead of just frustrating or "you dont need to care about that"?

Yes, and a lot of developers have figured that out decades ago.

Cryptic will learn eventually. People will either leave because a game is supposed to be fun and not frustrating or cryptic changes their design philosophy. Only with one of these inevitabilities will the game stay alive.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i saw it coming ... lol

the truth speaks, this system is currently a figure eight currency sink in design.

not fun at all.

and when games are no longer fun?

(fill in here)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    i saw it coming ... lol

the truth speaks, this system is currently a figure eight currency sink in design.

not fun at all.

and when games are no longer fun?

(fill in here)

I'm planning to set aside STO thursday. The new Civ game is out then ;)

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    edited October 2014
    To be honest, i never thought i would walk away from this early, i will not "quit playing", but i will not feed something that is this messed up, not until they curve the P2W back to sane means.

Until then, i'll put down the first strike on it till it's "sane" to play, sub or not ...

So i strike, and will not contribute until things change.

It's been real, can't wait to see everyone in STO in the future.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Indeed. And that's very sad.

Whether some admit it or not, most of us would like Epic gear, but the cost of upgrading is ridiculous.

Putting the best gear behind an expensive barrier is, frankly, TRIBBLE.

I'm in total agreement with you mate. I've upgraded a few items to mk 13 I've gotten one item to Mk 14. But that's as far as I'm going. It costs dil to produce the superior upgrades kits and its more cost effective to use those I think. Then you've got to use dil to apply the damn things. Then there's the dil to bypass the time gate if your that impatient for your new items. The ridiculous cost of the old crafting system was why I stopped using it. I just hope enough of the player base feel the same and force cryptic to rethink the cost of everything.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited October 2014
    It's called a community wide temporary boycott, so, if people don't do something to protest it, people will keep getting what you are getting and more.

To many fees will ultimately cripple the product.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Indeed. And that's very sad.

Whether some admit it or not, most of us would like Epic gear, but the cost of upgrading is ridiculous.

Putting the best gear behind an expensive barrier is, frankly, TRIBBLE.
    I dunno about that. Shouldn't the best gear also be the hardest to get?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im absolutely going with that good gear should be hard to get BUT a game shouldnt bankrupt its players.
    edited October 2014
    The problem is getting epic is not hard just expensive.

You either grind for you dilithium cap for a couple months/years or you open you wallet and buy zen and covert to dilithium.

There is no challenge grinding dilithium is not hard just time consuming and opening up your wallet is only a matter of how much you are willing to pay for gold colored pixels.